Scuba Divers in the club

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BlackCat;638145 said:
Where? Have fun and stay safe bro...

Have not dived for 15 years now!!! Last dive was at Lang Tengah off Terengganu :(

Having it done in Redang. My whole group of friends are mostly divers, some have been diving for well over 10 years now. I was the last few who hasn't succumbed to the "peer" pressure yet although I've always wanted to get my license done. Timing just never seemed to be right back then.

NKTOB;638183 said:
Relax & have fun!!!

Thanks! Really nice pictures by the way.

BlackCat;638205 said:
Andrew, I am sure it was awesome to see those mantas 'fly & glide' in the water!!!

yup, nothing better than to see them in their natural habitat. the feeling is speechless...awesomeness is not even close to describe the experience.

yes, there were other divers approx a dozen of them then.

Just some of the pictures I managed to take. Still damn newb with my buoyancy control trying to control my breathing so half the time I was stretching my arms outwards to keep my camera still cause I'm floating up and down hahaha.

redang050.jpg

redang040.jpg

redang032.jpg

redang052.jpg

redang049.jpg

redang048.jpg

Going to Komodo in 2 weeks time!!! Can't wait!

Congrats my fellow PADI Open Water Diver!

Great start on your UW photography journey...you'll get better in Komodo! More pixs from there...

NKTOB;643962 said:

Great start on your UW photography journey...you'll get better in Komodo! More pixs from there...

Thanks! My friends were there last year and I saw some of the pictures they took. It's just simply amazing. Probably can't get as amazing pictures as I don't have a strobe at the moment but I'll try my best!

NKTOB;643962 said:

This thread brings back sweet memories of my diving days.Nothing compares when you were down there.Once i was swept off Mersing alone to the open sea and i thought at that moment,if i were to go i was worth it doing things i loved..

ashman55;648007 said:
This thread brings back sweet memories of my diving days.Nothing compares when you were down there.Once i was swept off Mersing alone to the open sea and i thought at that moment,if i were to go i was worth it doing things i loved..

swept away alone off Mersing??? This deserve a couple round of teh tariks for story telling time!!!

when was your last dive and have you stop diving since the incident?

NKTOB;648331 said:
swept away alone off Mersing??? This deserve a couple round of teh tariks for story telling time!!!

when was your last dive and have you stop diving since the incident?

Oh yes,we used to go live on board say for a week to those places around south china sea whereby no right minded dive guide will lead because the place are not perceived to be safe.Our group went on on our own.Once we dived into an underwater current near pulau pemanggil that carried us thru fan corals as big as a banana tree concentrated over a vast area with a school of baracuddas on top of us.We also visited a sank ww2 Japanese gunboat near a place called karang luas,only as big as football field with 70ft of water in a middle of a deep blue sea only can be located by gps.my last dive was six years ago.I stopped because i lost contact with my dive kakis.Actually,it was not scary at all,i was very calmed inspite of late evening strong 10ft waves and dark windy sea.Once you accept your fate,you can be very peaceful even in seemingly dangerous situation.

Here's some of the UW pictures I took during my recent trip to Komodo. Enjoy!

komodo012.jpg

komodo053.jpg

komodo057.jpg

komodo084.jpg

komodo085.jpg

komodo088.jpg

komodo094.jpg

komodo108.jpg

komodo169.jpg

the lion fish is a winning shot! great pixs...love the eagle ray too. Some great viz there...

what equipment you have there?

NKTOB;651040 said:
the lion fish is a winning shot! great pixs...love the eagle ray too. Some great viz there...

what equipment you have there?

Simple stuff only bro. G11 with single strobe. Strobe also my friend's old one which he doesn't use anymore. So tempted to get dual Inon strobes now!

Heading to MIDE in a bit. Is anyone going this weekend?

Don Franco;651043 said:
Wow! Great shots Loafer! Super clear visibility too :)

Yeah viz was superb! But that usually means no plankton around hence no manta :(

Super shots there Loafer! Love those close-ups.

Miss my diving seeing all these shots... :(

loafer;651099 said:
Simple stuff only bro. G11 with single strobe. Strobe also my friend's old one which he doesn't use anymore. So tempted to get dual Inon strobes now!

Heading to MIDE in a bit. Is anyone going this weekend?

Yeah viz was superb! But that usually means no plankton around hence no manta :(

I'll be at MIDE on Sat 2pm to 4pm for PADI Member Forum...

Then will go kepoh around for some great deals after that!

Buzz me if you are there 012 2177028! (andrew)

NKTOB;651155 said:
I'll be at MIDE on Sat 2pm to 4pm for PADI Member Forum...

Then will go kepoh around for some great deals after that!

Buzz me if you are there 012 2177028! (andrew)

Where's this year's MIDE venue? Its been a long while since my last visit...

Top Bottom