Repair cost, Is it reasonable?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ibrahim Hanif

Club Guest
Dear all,My engine is n42b20 e46 2.0 2002. Today decided to check all the oil leaks from the engine to my mechanic. I was quoted oil pan gasket for 120, Flywheel oil seal 280 (ori) or 160(OEM), crankshaft oil seal 135, solenoid o rings 50, and labor 300 to proceed. Is the price quoted reasonable?. Thanks for advice.

Ibrahim Hanif;720179 said:
Dear all,

My engine is n42b20 e46 2.0 2002. Today decided to check all the oil leaks from the engine to my mechanic. I was quoted oil pan gasket for 120, Flywheel oil seal 280 (ori) or 160(OEM), crankshaft oil seal 135, solenoid o rings 50, and labor 300 to proceed. Is the price quoted reasonable?. Thanks for advice.

The labour charge seems to be 50% of the parts u replace...to me, that is quite a high side.

Dude, Can you differentiate between the flywheel oil seal and the crankshaft oil seal. Where are the parts location. Front or back of the engine.

let me tell you, for the seals, please replace all original, the oem will leak after a few months, dun snitch on it, nanti bayar dua kali untuk labor..

Anyone can differentiate between the flywheel oil seal and crankshaft oil seal. Pls Pls Pls. Need help and info here.

Since no one answered you, i will.

Flywheel - the end of the crankshaft where it mates with the gearbox

Crankshaft oil seal - front of the engine facing the radiator. piston 1 or front of the v-belts/ribbed belts.

here is some help:

238.png

Item 1 is the rear oil seal:

Item 2 is the front oil seal.

ref: as per below with part number.

01Shaft seal90X110X12111117511396$58.96
02Shaft seal65X79X20111117511395$32.92

mizhan;720763 said:
Kucing so free today ah...

no la, was busy, just that nobody responded to this poor guy asking, it's so simple answer..so just helped him.

Those days more than a decade ago, where got people help me, find out myself. Only had zoggee, kevster, wireless junkie and albundy to refer to.

i gave pussy a good stroke quite some time ago and I'm still waiting for the good deed to be reciprocated till today......

Total Damage : RM 900

Oil pan gasket 120, Flywheel Oil Seal 280, Crankshaft oil seal 165, O rings 50, Labor 300. Quite Happy. My UDM goes well. Better pick up and smooth drive. No cengkerik sound already.

Mine is n42 engine. The parts is the crankshaft oil seal. Front & rear of the engine. All the parts changed is original parts. I noticed that your gasket and filter is for the gear box. I've changed the oil pan gasket which for the engine.

Alex5522;722871 said:
Bro Ibrahim Hanif,
I am not really sure about the diff btw my car engine spec which you can refer on my signature.
The price of the parts you mentioned was quite expensive compare with mine recent parts change which you can refer at my posting 1214:
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?55-E46-parts-amp-maintenance/page122

Top Bottom