HID Conversion Kit - Philips Patent Licensed Bulb

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
got my HID kit installed with Xbenz help. awesome guy. did a fantastic job! 2 thumbs up!

didn't seal..just push it inside the headlight... if need to be firmer, can seal it with silicone...

Huhh, didnt seal? U mean u didnt use the bulb holder at all?

its not movable if u push everything in tightly... but i advice u to seal it with silicone for water resistant...

is this bulk buy still on? I am looking for H8 HID kit....

jaleeks23;526751 said:
I was told after market HIDs will not sit correctly with original holders....
So far, all after market HID comes with the cable attached to the bulb so i just cut the bulb holder for the wire to go through....and i seal it.

Not if you get the right type of bulb. If your original halogen bulb is H7, then you must use HID H7 bulb. You cannot use H1 bulb for H7 holder.

Same like I cannot used H7 HID bulb for my fog which use H4B. They just dont fit.

Replay;528862 said:
is this bulk buy still on? I am looking for H8 HID kit....

the 1st batch of order already closed. If you are interested, let's start from new batch.. need to get at least 5 sets.

Hi bro, i'mm interested too...my e46 is using d2s bulb with projector headlamp...can suit with ur HID kit?

kby*88*;529710 said:
Hi bro, i'mm interested too...my e46 is using d2s bulb with projector headlamp...can suit with ur HID kit?

sorry bro, they dont have DS2 bulb for philips patented.

BMW2007;528948 said:
the 1st batch of order already closed. If you are interested, let's start from new batch.. need to get at least 5 sets.

Yes you can put me down to one H8 set. My main headlight seems to be a tad dim, would that be a sign that the ballast is kaput?

Replay;530842 said:
Yes you can put me down to one H8 set. My main headlight seems to be a tad dim, would that be a sign that the ballast is kaput?

looks like it if you are using the normal brand HID bulb, most likely you will experience the inconsistent light output after 1 year or so.

However with Philips patent bulb, this is a durable bulb and because of the gas is for Germany MESSER xenon, it advantage is keeping the same brightness when you use them more than 1 year. But for other brands normal bulb, light is not focused when you use more than 1 year. (according to the supplier lar..)

Philips HID Patented Bulb HID Kit - 2nd order

1. Reply - H8, ?? K

My E60 doesn't come with projector headlamp nor xenon. It comes with normal halogen bulb. how and what is the best way to overcome. of course most economy way too.Please edvise. I went to quite number of shops in sunway but price seems to be a bit expensive, well still thinking should I go with the offer or not. Front headlamp definately have to go with Hella and price range is around 7,500. back tail lamp if ori will be around 3,500. if Taiwan will be around 1,500. can someone give me some ideas or experience on this? thanks.

My E60 is coming out next week. but headlamp is using halogen bulb and no projector. went and survey few shops is sunway. price around 7K. any advice or idea which is more economical and reliable? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom