Registration for new Fuel Subsidy System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

solo

Club Guest
Updated Report - The Petrol Dealers Association of Malaysia has expressed concern that the new fuel subsidy system which uses MyKad for petrol purchase may create hassles for consumers.The association is worried that the system could cause congestion apart from burdening petrol dealers with additional costs.Association president Datuk Hashim Othman said a bank had been appointed to manage the operation of the new fuel subsidy scheme and consumers might have to register their car registration number through the bank or petrol stations using MyKad.He anticipated that it would take a longer time to process transactions as biometrics would be used to verify the vehicle owner’s identity through thumbprint scanning and this could lead to possible congestion at the petrol stations.“Experts in the field may say it is applicable but people on the ground are worried that the thumbprint scan, which is similar to the practice in the airport, may delay transactions and create congestion at petrol stations,” he told The Star yesterday.A new petrol pricing mechanism is expected to start on May 1, which is aimed at ensuring that only targetted groups are allowed to buy subsidised fuel.To implement this, the Government plans to introduce the practice of using MyKad to purchase petrol.Hashim said the Government was still negotiating the quota of fuel subsidy that each car owner would be entitled to.“The idea to give fuel subsidy to deserving people is good but we are worried that the system may be complicated and cannot address arising problems.”He said a pilot project might be carried out in selected petrol stations in the Klang Valley and some outskirt areas at the end of next month or in April.Hashim said petrol dealers would then have to install the system to be connected to the bank and increase their manpower and this could lead to extra costs for them.He said petrol dealers might also have to bear additional costs when the Government floated the price of fuel.Previous Report - Petroleum Dealers’ Association Malaysia president Datuk Hashim Othman was quoted by Sin Chew Daily as saying that from April 1, motorists could register for the “One Car, One Quota” system at all Maybank branches and petrol stations.Motorists, he said, would need to have their car registration numbers and identity cards ready.In an interview with the daily, Hashim said the database of the Road Transport Department and National Registration Department would be linked up.“Those with a Maybank credit card or ATM card can register online,” he added.

astroboy;489671 said:
What's this? Only for Maybank customer ka? :40:

Perhaps the bank is facing hard times, i.e not enough profits, as many customers are cancelling their credit cards.

Salut

since the G loves to 1-everything, how about 1-petrol price and 1-road tax price?

I'm using a E36 M52B28, and by G's definition, a person who can buy a brand new E200 is poorer and deserve more fuel subsidy than me.

John_Smith;489728 said:
since the G loves to 1-everything, how about 1-petrol price and 1-road tax price?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was gonna be named something along those lines. Personally I'm gonna go to JPN to get the chip on my MyKad fixed. Its not readable now and better do it before thousands of folks swarm to get theirs fixed before May 1.

E46Fanatic;489747 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it was gonna be named something along those lines. Personally I'm gonna go to JPN to get the chip on my MyKad fixed. Its not readable now and better do it before thousands of folks swarm to get theirs fixed before May 1.

I've just sold off my e60,now left with a Myvi 1.3,so technically I'm a poor sod la..I think its the perfect time for me to register!! ;)

supergripen;489791 said:
I've just sold off my e60,now left with a Myvi 1.3,so technically I'm a poor sod la..I think its the perfect time for me to register!! ;)

myvi 1.3 with k3vet. not poor bro.. hehe

Read on paultan's website that the G is considering taking out the engine capacity variable from this system. Hope that happens although I'm dreading what our smart ministers will think up of next to replace that....

loafer;489821 said:
Read on paultan's website that the G is considering taking out the engine capacity variable from this system. Hope that happens although I'm dreading what our smart ministers will think up of next to replace that....

Ah! Pulak! Damn..

What a bunch of friggin' jokers la these G people..basket! There goes my escape clause..

On a more serious note,there shouldn't be any differentiation in the first place,if they wamt to get rid of the subsidy,it should be the same for ALL Malaysians..

E46Fanatic;489747 said:

Now that you have reminded me, I don't know if mine's even working!

"1Stupid idea"

supergripen;489825 said:
Ah! Pulak! Damn..

What a bunch of friggin' jokers la these G people..basket! There goes my escape clause..

On a more serious note,there shouldn't be any differentiation in the first place,if they wamt to get rid of the subsidy,it should be the same for ALL Malaysians..

its called politics laa.....if equal for all, then game over in next poll. 1GameOver :eek:

what a bunch of wasteful monkeys who have nothing better to do than adding more and more paperwork and its related inefficiencies/corruption for us rakyat. can u imagine the amount of red tape, human hours wasted to create this whole new level of bureaucracy? the whole mykad thingy is a bloody joke in the first place. who in their right mind would put all the private sensitive financial info on one card?? and would i trust a govt dept to keep all my financial info safe? NO!
what a bunch of 1Stupid!!

Report updated and now the big question is - Who's the bank? Maybank? CIMB?

Top Bottom