Reasonal price or not?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

WPC

Club Guest
I just got my car recently(2004 - 520i- 85,000km CBU by AB) and sent for service/check last week. Apart from intended regular service, I noticed some leaks and some daily noticeable vibration for about 15 secs just after starting(especially morning), so asked to rectify. Upon collection this was the damage:Valve cover gasket - 1 set - rm160Oil filter housing gasket - 1 pc - rm50Valve pressure regulator - 1pc - rm195Water Pump - 1pc - rm240EXP Tank - 1pc - rm330Coolant - 1ltr - rm48Air Hose (return) - 1pc - rm145Shell Helix - 8ltr - rm418Oil Filter - 1pc - rm48Labour for items 1&2 - rm150LAbour for items 4&5 - rm80Labour for servicing - rm45Total: rm 1,909Dear sifus and owners especially in Klang Valley, I hope to get your comments whether the above is reasonable or not? And also your opinion for a 85,000km car, what other wear/tear or parts change to expect soon? Really appreciated thanks.

Use Castrol or Petronas and no I don't think you need 8L. about 6.5L~7L is sufficient and normally that will cost you rm370 inclusive of Labor & Oil Filter @ a workshop in USJ industrial area. Coolant is about rm30/liter.

IsaacVky;465558 said:
Use Castrol or Petronas and no I don't think you need 8L. about 6.5L~7L is sufficient and normally that will cost you rm370 inclusive of Labor & Oil Filter @ a workshop in USJ industrial area. Coolant is about rm30/liter.

Yes it was about 6.5L so the balance was kept on account till my next service.

WPC;465579 said:
Yes it was about 6.5L so the balance was kept on account till my next service.

Keep the unused oil for 6 months until next service? :eek:
No don't do that. The oil won't last that long with the seal broken. You feel good ka when the old oil pour into your car the next time you go service? :listen:

From the items being replaced the engine seemed to have sludge build up (cloaking the valve pressure regulator & return hose). Probably want to do more frequent engine oil replacement.

The coolant price seems reasonable because it's BMW Coolant from A.B.

IsaacVky;465603 said:
Keep the unused oil for 6 months until next service? :eek:
No don't do that. The oil won't last that long with the seal broken. You feel good ka when the old oil pour into your car the next time you go service? :listen:

Not keep the oil for 6 months but credit me 2 litres for my next service just pay 1 tong. The USJ industrial area workshop you send is Mspeed?

viewfinder;465607 said:
From the items being replaced the engine seemed to have sludge build up (cloaking the valve pressure regulator & return hose). Probably want to do more frequent engine oil replacement.

The coolant price seems reasonable because it's BMW Coolant from A.B.

Yes mechanic did say that there may be some buildup and suggested I use Vpower for the next few tanks which I did and consumption now shows 650-700km for full tank(highway/city 70:30).

WPC;465784 said:
Yes mechanic did say that there may be some buildup and suggested I use Vpower for the next few tanks which I did and consumption now shows 650-700km for full tank(highway/city 70:30).

Petrol & Engine Oil tak sama jalan one o.. V-Power sesat jalan is it :love:

Top Bottom