Question;redline

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

iCe

Club Guest
i'm driving E30 325 with auto transmissionis it normal when the rpm meter go over the red line (8 X 1000) when u accelerate at D?(not in N or P mode)just curious because most of auto transmission car i ride before,never reach redline,it change gear before reach redline.

could it be the meter not for the 6 potter....

8,000rpm? axle's meter can rev to 11,000rpm :D...

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jul 15 2005, 08:24 PM

6potter? what the *%#$ is that?how to know?me know nothin'

11,000 rpm?are u serious?where got?

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jul 15 2005, 07:24 AM

wah... 11000 RPM... takumi's AE86 liao!!!

ya... wrong chip for the meter will cause like that...

6 potters = 6 cylinders = 320i 323i 325i 327i 330i .etc...
4 potters = 4 cylinders = 316i 318i 323i 325i .. etc...

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Aug 5 2005, 08:15 PM

:dunno: :dunno:

ahem......jamil dah makan??? :p

kidding.....wahhhhhh,so whn did u go & get ur dyno figures done ah?
tak cakap pun!
so?whts ur dyno reading????
:nyehehe: :nyehehe: :nyehehe:

Daniel...R u sure there is a 323/325i 4 cylinders?? or are u refering to the M3 2.3 & 2.5???

iCe duDe..... i drive a E30 320i auto .... I think there may be something to what the guys are saying here - if u can sift through all the insider jokes and stuff :lol: ....

Even when i floor the throttle I rarely see redline gearchanges unless I shift down manually..... and if I accidentally shift down when there's 3.5k-4k++ revs showing on the clock, I will certainly see a 'redline event'...... in which case it could quickly become a "what the f.uck" or "oh my god" event....

Get it checked out dude..... you cant be redlining your engine on a regular basis .... it aint healthy :)

Originally posted by Jipster@Aug 22 2005, 09:50 AM
iCe duDe..... i drive a E30 320i auto .... I think there may be something to what the guys are saying here - if u can sift through all the insider jokes and stuff :lol: ....

Even when i floor the throttle I rarely see redline gearchanges unless I shift down manually..... and if I accidentally shift down when there's 3.5k-4k++ revs showing on the clock, I will certainly see a 'redline event'...... in which case it could quickly become a "what the f.uck" or "oh my god" event....

Get it checked out dude..... you cant be redlining your engine on a regular basis .... it aint healthy :)
Hmmmm, when in "D", the car should be changing gears before the redline. Be it my Wira, City, E36 326i, E34 520i.... have never experienced upchanges at the redline in "D", what more 8,000 rpm.

The only time I hit above the redline is when I am in "manual" mode and hitting the rev limiter.

Hmmmm, me thinks your RPM meter could be misreading..... you can't be hitting 8,000 rpm consistently without doing something nasty to your engine. Unless of course if you have M-engine in there. :D

Hmmmm, when in "D", the car should be changing gears before the redline. Be it my Wira, City, E36 326i, E34 520i.... have never experienced upchanges at the redline in "D", what more 8,000 rpm.

The only time I hit above the redline is when I am in "manual" mode and hitting the rev limiter.

Hmmmm, me thinks your RPM meter could be misreading..... you can't be hitting 8,000 rpm consistently without doing something nasty to your engine. Unless of course if you have M-engine in there. :D

yea i'm about to check it out today.,i think its a meter problem.probably i'm using 318 meter

i think he is refering to the m3 versions

settle already.,chenged my meter at last.confirmed i'm using 318 meter before.,changed to 325 meter then no problem.,changed gear at around 5*1000
thanks guys.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jul 15 2005, 08:24 PM

i got a video of how fast his revs climb, funnyy man ahahaha

But, in the E46, the gear shift takes place after the intermittent redline and if I recall, a bit over the redline in S or steptronic mode. Once, I thot something wrong with steptronic cos it's suppose to idiot-proof upshift automatically. So, I pretended to be an idiot and realised it eventually upshifted but a wee bit too late for my comfort and aching heart!!

Top Bottom