Question about 320i (2011) side mirror tilt feature

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hsyong

Club Guest
Hi,I don't really understand this feature.1. I switched the mirror selector switch to the left -- So both mirrors shouldn't tilt OR only the driver side mirror will tilt when in Reverse? (The driver side mirror tilts for mine)2. After reversing and engaging D, the mirror should automatically go back to upright position right? (Mine doesn't)3. Is there a way to totally disable reverse-tilt on both side mirrors?Thanks.UPDATE: Sorry, not reverse tilt problem. Seems my driver side mirror has a mind of its own. It tilts by itself when car is unlocked with remote. See my post (#6) below. Thanks.

I have a 2010 320d. Mine is consistent ie. the passenger side mirror tilts down if the switch is on the driver's side. It goes back up when I put it back in D.

The driver's side never tilts down no matter what. So if I want to disable the tilt then I keep the switch to the left.

Is it different with newer models?

gameover;665771 said:
I have a 2010 320d. Mine is consistent ie. the passenger side mirror tilts down if the switch is on the driver's side. It goes back up when I put it back in D.

The driver's side never tilts down no matter what. So if I want to disable the tilt then I keep the switch to the left.

If I switch to the left, the driver side mirror tilts... but doesn't go back to normal position after engaging D. Looks like totally opposite to yours.

Maybe I need to switch to right to disable all tilt? But the manual says switch to left to disable .. sigh!

gameover;665771 said:

according to the user manual, we are suppose to keep the switch to the driver side, in our case will be right... but even on my car, when i switch to left, i don't notice any tilting of the driver side mirror...

so i think if u want the tilting mirror when reversing, u can only have it at the passenger side...

If i use the 1st Key, the passenger side mirror able to tilt when reverse, but if use the backup key, both mirror will not tilt at all. Im thinking, it might not related to the switch, it could be coding or software setting.

Sorry guys, my mistake. It is not the reverse tilt problem.

My driver side mirror tilts/moves when I'm OUTSIDE the car when I press UNLOCK on the remote. I have already saved my preffered settings to both my remotes. So shouldn't it remember my settings?... why does the driver side mirror tilts all the way down immediately when I press the remote UNLOCK?

Tilting down when you unlock is unusual, I don't see it serving any purpose.

My suggestion is to have it fixed at the service center. You can compare what the actual behavior is with the test drive car, that's what I've been doing so far to understand what's supposed to work and what's not.

gameover;665850 said:
Tilting down when you unlock is unusual, I don't see it serving any purpose.

My suggestion is to have it fixed at the service center. You can compare what the actual behavior is with the test drive car, that's what I've been doing so far to understand what's supposed to work and what's not.

Just went to my car. Unlock and the mirror seems normal, then I press the seat memory button 1 ...and the driver mirror moves all the way UP (totally different from the position I saved) :D

Then I adjusted it back and save again, got out and locked the car. Then I unlock again and everything looks normal. I dunno what's going on... will monitor for few days.

Thanks.

If i am not wrong, each key saves a different set of seat/rear mirror setting. The rear mirrors basically adjusted to d key saved setting upon you unlocking or opening ur door (this can be selected through your obc). Hope this helps

Looks like my mistake after all. Seems fine after a few days.

In the beginning, I save the settings of KEY1 to seat memory 1 and 2, then KEY2 also to seat memory 1 and 2 ... maybe this confuses the system.

Now I saved settings with KEY1 to seat memory 1, then KEY2 to seat memory 2... driver side mirror doesn't tilt randomly anymore. :)

First time with such complicated car .. sorry.

Top Bottom