Proud Owner

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tIANcI

Club Guest
Hi peeps ... am from PJ and I just took delivery of my 325i yesterday and she is a really nice car to own. Finally, I get to understand what a BMW is all about. It was most interesting to go through with the SA all the functions etc. Its amazing what the car has. Seems so complicated at first but then I guess it will be instinctive.As for handling, I can't say much yet, not pushed the car much except for a few sec bursts but its a totally different feel unlike a Japanese car. Takes a bit of getting used to. Car is more planted but it does feel 'heavier'. I realised the steering does not neutralise as fast as a Japanese car when you turn on low speed. However, I love the suspension. I don't know why many say its hard but for me the suspension feels great. It's much softer/comfortable than my Lancer GT or even my Alza. Can feel the difference even when I over the same nasty road at my apartment. I wonder if maybe its because the BMW is more solidly built and the sound proofing is better?Revving the engine is lovely ... silky smooth and when you hit over 4,500 rpms, you hear that high pitched whine with the engine growl. Its akin to the M3 sound when you play GT5 on the PS3.

nice intro bro....n congrats for new ride....n welcome to the forum..

ohh well enjoy ya UDM ... do join us for the official TT at MMZ this saturday ...

Thanks guys ... Will try to make it for the TT session. Am hoping to getaway from work this weekend and pop up to Penang to enjoy the drive.

I am enjoying all the bells and whistles. Love the voice command. However, the car feels tiring when driving in town. Japanese ones are much more convenient. Guess its the Alza for town driving, can squeeze, can park anywhere also. Scratch also dun care.

Handling wise I feel that a Type R is much more fun. Will wait to see what this car can do on a run up to Genting. Hehehe ...

Dave ... Love so much then must look into the new 528i issit? Hahaha ...

tIANcI;715917 said:
I am enjoying all the bells and whistles. Love the voice command. However, the car feels tiring when driving in town. Japanese ones are much more convenient. Guess its the Alza for town driving, can squeeze, can park anywhere also. Scratch also dun care.

Handling wise I feel that a Type R is much more fun. Will wait to see what this car can do on a run up to Genting. Hehehe ...

Dave ... Love so much then must look into the new 528i issit? Hahaha ...

wow alza for a banger? Alza is still RM66k and very very expensive to many ppl and yet you only use it as a town banger. Kaya la u..very rich man..

I also read on the other topic that you are also planning to buy a F10 520d by the end of the year..u lucky man!

Welcome to the club btw..

ditto on the tiring drive around town bit.. prefer my myvi for the task:wink:

just came back frm SP, let my baby strecth her legs a bit :4:

zib ... Alza necessary for my hobby la. Also, I was driving a mere Alza, dun even own a BMW unlike you! As for the F10 its a dream, something to work towards. Dreams are good.

BadDBoyz ... I just got into Penang yesterday. After arriving, meter is now 800 kms, engine is smoother. Am loving it. When cruising at 140 kmh on the smooth stretches, you really do not hear the engine or wind. I was most impressed. With my Lancer GT you hear the engine screaming, the wind noise etc.

Welcome to BMWCM forum. Now you know why it is called Ultimate Driving Machine.

U cant compare Type R with E90 diff purpose. Try to upgrade the suspension of E90 and u no need to brake while cornering. Was told by a Porsche owner that the driving feel is same with BMW but with less power. Obviously correct on the power coz Porsche is a supercar category.

initialM ... I was just looking into the handling department. Type R does drive like a dream when you want to push it but for sure it does not give you all the bells and whistles nor the comfort. No need to brake into a corner? Hmmm ... I dun have the guts to try it LOL! Only car that I did dare to do that was the Lotus Exige S. When for a test drive with Oh Kah Beng and he was like "No no ... You power through the corners". With the light chassis it was a hoot to do that.

Top Bottom