proposal for sticky on known issues/problems with E90 series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmerdude

Club Guest
hi to all the Mods and admin of this club. may i propose a sticky or thread for benefit of new/secondhand buyers of the e90s? it will be a knowledge base so members can be protected and have easily available info to act on immediately especially when buying new cars from BMW. i have read on some members who end up with problematic cars even when bought new and under warranty. why have to suffer inconvenience and worries when its a known product issue, where dealer should just replace the car or total refund instead of repairing/investigating which takes weeks or even months??members also wont have to dig thru tons of threads to find important numbers and contacts of official BMW management.just my .02 cents

bimmerdude;335257 said:
hi to all the Mods and admin of this club. may i propose a sticky or thread for benefit of new/secondhand buyers of the e90s? it will be a knowledge base so members can be protected and have easily available info to act on immediately especially when buying new cars from BMW. i have read on some members who end up with problematic cars even when bought new and under warranty. why have to suffer inconvenience and worries when its a known product issue, where dealer should just replace the car or total refund instead of repairing/investigating which takes weeks or even months??

members also wont have to dig thru tons of threads to find important numbers and contacts of official BMW management.

just my .02 cents

I think this is a good suggestion. Also, for those getting E90's from the authorized dealers, it would also be a good discussion to know what is covered under the BSRI (BMW Service & Repair) warranty and what isn't.

maybe all who read this and have experience with dealling with authorised bmw dealers can put on record here in this thread, listing what problems their car was facing, whether solved or not, and final outcome. then i will organise all the responses into a knowledge base for all to benefit from.

Most of us do have some issues with the authorized dealers when comes to servicing. However, some of us E90s are "tied" with the BSRI package in order to get the 60k km warranty. Hence, we (well actually I) would like to have collective discussion on matters pertaining to the E90, especially with what is and isn't covered by the BSRI. Then, we can taroh them nicely.

Anyway, rule of thumb is if your car is under warranty, every slightest thing must make noise - loud noise! BMW has a name to protect.... they must remember that if a customer is unhappy, all he has to do is tell another 5 people and later, 70 people will know about it. In this forum, I think the figure/effect is multiplied even more!

Just my 2 sens....

i thought its prettty much spelt out in your owner's service package on what is covered and not covered?
what i wanted to achieve was to have a technical info base whereby u would know in a short time whether ur car's problems is a known issue, for instance engine failure in a new car. rather than u having to go thru the hassle of dealing with an incompetent dealer, u can straightaway get BMW Malaysia involved.
so for example if thru this thread we find out that 10/100 owners experience a similar defect in their new/used e90, we can learn from the others' experience and solutions.

Sorry bimmerdude, I can't contribute because I haven't had any problems to speak of. I would only comment that the aftersales service of a particular dealer falls short of what I would expect from a luxury marque.

Frankly I think not many problems have shown up in the E90 as yet. Only the ongoing discussion on oil burn experienced by some perhaps. Some have had steering column problems but relatively few and far between.

schwepps..

oh ya tell me about the service of the so called preferred authorised dealers. try to call AB glenmarie and u would know what i mean.

What I get from the dealer of another well-known luxury marque:

- An SA who answers as soon as I call or SMS, 3+ years after the sale.
- An SA who still calls me to ask how's everything, 3+ years after the sale.
- An SC who never says "It's like that wan", but checks my complaint thoroughly.
- An SC who changes things under warranty that I never asked for during normal service.
- An SC who asks me to bring the car in just before end of warranty and changes 30k worth of parts without my asking for them.
- An SC who tells me what I should buy outside because the ori part is ridiculously priced.

Now that's what I call luxury service! Well worth the luxury price.

Schwepps;335668 said:

- An SC who never says "It's like that wan", but checks my complaint thoroughly.
- An SC who changes things under warranty that I never asked for during normal service.
- An SC who asks me to bring the car in just before end of warranty and changes 30k worth of parts without my asking for them.
- An SC who tells me what I should buy outside because the ori part is ridiculously priced.

merc?lexus?toyota?hehe

BJM7978;335670 said:
merc?lexus?toyota?hehe

Yeah, Merc. Oh, one more thing, after every service, even just an oil change, an independent firm will call to take a survey. :top:

I've been very happy with my E90s and I think it's a fantastic car, but the after sales service sux by comparison. The SA becomes hard to get 1 month after the sale.

Schwepps;335668 said:

i 100% support wat u say ! u r the man schwepps! :top::love:

call 0355663800. it rings a couple of times. no one picks up. then goes to computer auto mode. u select number for category. rings again a few times. no answer then computerised voice says sorry ext is busy, plse leave a message. WTF??

as a comparison test, i called ingress right after that. guess what . phone pick up on first try. even manage to arrange a service appointment :)

hey guys..somehow this thread has MORPHED into a dealer service issue. hehe. shows just how serious the problem has become. i really wonder does BMW Malaysia actually reads these forums anyway? do they CARE???

they only care our HARD EARN $$$$$$$$$$$$$ ! and giving those " excuss mode " service

Top Bottom