Problems you've had with your bimmer.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Perhaps the German boys didnt take into account of the poorer road conditions in 3rd world country like Malaysia and the constant 40C heat here, so the aluminium control arm and bushings fail and plastic parts break.

CKD cars come with locally manufactured parts with lower QC. AB cars arent that great as they might like you to believe. My car came with a natural positive camber from factory and AB refused to fix it just because i changed the wheels to 18".

So yes, I'd say some things are a BMW design problem and some things are just plain crap "buatan Malaysia" parts and assembled here.

hey daniel....sorry to hear of ur problems arising frm ur ownership of ur udm...
we all hav our sucky days with our rides tht makes us wanna just get rid of it...

now its my turn to fel like just driving my ride into the ravine...sigh

been having probs with my ride for the past 2mths.

1)couldnt engage gears.....

1a)turns out tht the gear linkage rod snapped clean off the ends...
changed the bushes and welded @ RM180

1b)thn found out tht the clutch pump valves spring snapped in 3 so cldnt depress the clutch...changed tht @ RM85.

2)car keeps dying on me

2a)sent it in to fix,suspected wasthe fuel pump...
it was the fuel pump(leaking),changed 2 new @ RM350.

3)car overheating

3a)found out tht the alternator blades were slicing onto the radiator hose...changed hose @RM35...

4)car is bck in the workshop again 2day,car just died on me suddenly...

4a)suspect its the fuel pump relay or the wiring to it...

sigh....

but even after all this shit,i still love my car especially whn cruising.
cant seem to stop smiling whn driving her...

well i guess our cars hav bad days like us too...
so take it ez dude...although mines a 1987 e30 320i and is old compared to urs but its all about timing...somtimes we get a good load of luck...sometimes we just dont seem to have it.

all the best to u anyhow..

rgds,
-brad-

Good advice from fellow comarades :D

Yea la...who here who owns a UDM and has never had to replace something that they never thought they would have to change ?...no one! :D

:dunno: :yahoo:

Daniel...okay now we understand ur frustration...i feel sorry for u bro...those things shouldnt happen and not to be expected from a german/continental vehicle...well like most guys here have said..sometimes its just our luck...i could go out today n buy a 15 year old beemer that has been well maintained and not have major problems with it for the next 5 years OR i could go out and buy a one year old car that is not well maintained and suffer 5 years of spending trying to get the car fixed..so all in all...best to buy new if possible as these days cars comes with parts warranty for at least couple of years..if buying seconds..please do have the vehicle checked by a mechanic YOU trust. :D

Hope ur problems are solved bro :D

:)

Thanks for the support guys.

When i get that rear brake shoe replaced, gonna be giving it the berries once again.

Then in about 2-3mths time, something is sure to break/fail and back into the workshop once again.

it's a routine with my car.

Originally posted by Daniel@Jun 21 2006, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the support guys.

When i get that rear brake shoe replaced, gonna be giving it the berries once again.

Then in about 2-3mths time, something is sure to break/fail and back into the workshop once again.

it's a routine with my car.
daniel,how long hav u had ur ride?
i've had mine since 1999 and as luck wld hav it...its an on and off gremlin tht attacks our ride...

have been hating and loving my ride till now...wht can i say?i just love my udm!!!

where do u service/maintain ur ride?
mebbe u shld change workshop?sometimes its the workshop tht farks up our ride more thn anything...

anyway,dont give up mate...we r all behind u....

rgds,
-brad-

daniel,trust me....right at this moment i really really hate my ride!
but i'm looking forward to good times with her again!!!
its almost like a relationship...

well,we r in the same boat at the moment so dun fret...shit happens.
u noticed tht lately this past few mths its like a trend for udms to go bust on the owners?
weird huh?

but take it ez okies mate....we shld meet up for tt and spill ours ills with our rides and let it all off our shoulders...
pm me ur number lah...and we can sit down,yum char and laugh at whose ride is more of a headache... :p

rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by tyke@Jun 21 2006, 04:05 PM
daniel,trust me....right at this moment i really really hate my ride!
but i'm looking forward to good times with her again!!!
its almost like a relationship...

well,we r in the same boat at the moment so dun fret...shit happens.
u noticed tht lately this past few mths its like a trend for udms to go bust on the owners?
weird huh?

but take it ez okies mate....we shld meet up for tt and spill ours ills with our rides and let it all off our shoulders...
pm me ur number lah...and we can sit down,yum char and laugh at whose ride is more of a headache... :p

rgds,
-brad-
Hi Brad,

you're right, after she gets back all fixed and i get back to gunning her, the ill feelings will dissolve away. Till then.........

TT sure, but i am located in Penang mate.

And i am not a regular tripper to KL.

one day perhaps, i may find the time to pop over to KL for a few days.

will PM you my number.

Dear Daniel,

I heard you stay in Penang. I am staying in Shah Alam but my most trusted mechanic is from Taiping. Yes, you heard me right. It's in Taiping my hometown. When it comes to German marques, so far there is NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM he cannot solve. Why don't you try for a second opinion. I believe your problem can be solved. Please PM me if you want his private number.

"There will be miracle when you believe"

Adios.

me & mouse will share your sentiments very much here.......

as for me right after 2 mths of taking my second hand unit, a total of RM4500 have been spent on wear n tear.....

as a matter of fact, wear & tear costs really sucks here though.....

in short, the saying that continental cars are built tougher with better quality and should last longer....

i beg to differ here........

well i guess every single car in d world hv a problem...a fren of mine bought a brand new accord 3months ago...n now the service centre saying that d head gasket leaking.....alamak..so it all depends on luck also sometimes daniel...don hate ur bimmer lar....lol...keep it cool....better luck next time :rolleyes:

PS:funfer_fahrer:u from taiping ah..aiyaa me also larr...

NKTOB...you are not alone. Same damage here as well. I spent approximately 7k on replacing parts that may break down in the 5th year. :beaten:

i think the same goes to most here coz 5 year all parts start to fall so $$$$$$$...................me also dont know how much scared to count lah nanti i sell the car ......... :D :D

Top Bottom