Price database for RFT tyres only

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BMW Mobility Kit

busybf,
In case nobody reply to yr question, this topic has been discussed on previous forum. If u type in 'mobility set or mobility kit' under Search box & then press the Advanced Search button, then u will find a few previous forum discussion on this topic. Hope this helps.

gilajazz;469994 said:
busybf,
In case nobody reply to yr question, this topic has been discussed on previous forum. If u type in 'mobility set or mobility kit' under Search box & then press the Advanced Search button, then u will find a few previous forum discussion on this topic. Hope this helps.

:top: tqvm. will do that

Can someone realy clarified on RFT's.

This blog says one should totally replace punctured RFT's. They are not supposed to be repaired!!

This is absurd, if you just done 5000km and had to fork out almost 2k for replacement instead of paying RM5 for a normal repair.

And if your tyres say 40% worn and punctured on one side. Then you will get uneven worn tyres left and right, meaning, you should change both .

Can RFT's be repaired and are these easily done at most tyre shop?

RFT'S can be patch up but recomended to patch it up from the inside not the normal RM5 patch...
my experience with rm5 patch is very costly to me....ended up i have to change the whole tyre....damn....

VKS;469324 said:
Bro, did you get the mobility tyre kit as well? Care to share what sort of kit ur having?

cheers:top:

sorry for the late reply
been a bit busy off late

The CSC3 have definitely improved now that I have covered over 2,000 km with them. Way better ride than a non rft. Handling has also improved

The only thing I really miss is the "security" in the case of of a puncture,especially when driving out of town or at night

I bought a slim spare tire kit ( also a Continental) from Lim tyre and AAM membership
Now I also have less room in the trunk :hmmmm2:

Just did my quarterly balancing, alignment and swapping yesterday. Forgot to recalibrate the RFI and this morning, it went DING! on the way to work. Slowed to a crawl to the nearest pump station 6km away in case I had a flat, but luckily, false alarm.

Moral: recalibrate your RFI after fiddling with your wheels :)

RFT tyre at best price

No need to ask Goh Swee Hinn,u can call me Nizam at 013-2135588. My price is about Rm1730 per pc.

I have 4 pieces RFT @ Bridgestone RE050 (4 months old with 98% thread) size 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear. Anyone interested can PM me.

RIKI;474355 said:
sorry for the late reply
I bought a slim spare tire kit ( also a Continental) from Lim tyre and AAM membership
Now I also have less room in the trunk :hmmmm2:

can u take a picture on the size of the doughnut and also share the price, i'm looking at purchasing one and chucking it in to the boot during outstation trips. thanks in advance

e60FANster;474768 said:
can u take a picture on the size of the doughnut and also share the price, i'm looking at purchasing one and chucking it in to the boot during outstation trips. thanks in advance

I am also interested bro!

It had to happen.....:102:

One of my 1 yr old Re050s is suffering a slow puncture due to a screw stuck in it...And it had to be the rear one - 255/17/40...bigger than the front, hence more expensive.

Now I have to face this dilemma that many threads here have discussed over and over again..to replace with another set of heavy, stiff RFTs or to buy a set of non RFTs...

I wonder if the price of RFTs have dropped since..anyone recently bought a set?

e60FANster;474768 said:

Sorry for the late reply
Have not been logging in to this thread for a while

bought this spare kit at Lim Tyre Ampang plus four new CSC3
Don't know if this is the best decision. I do miss the security of the RFT's.
The CSC3 is nice ride definitely but personally I think the CSC2 Rft's are better through corners. Just my my cents. :wink:

Might go back to RFT's once I go through this set of tyres.

The spare set should cost RM1k++. Don't really remember the exact price for it. It include jacks etc.
never tried it though.

IMG00327-20091220-0858.jpg

IMG00326-20091220-0858.jpg

Saving to get another car :))
Number 9 in Evo mag 100 all time driver's car
The best BMW was E30 M3 at number 26?

Mazda Miata :top:
mazda-mx5-2009-on-wet-road-posed.jpg

not selling my current ride.
3265227409_ef67a78900_b.jpg

RIKI;479163 said:
Sorry for the late reply
Have not been logging in to this thread for a while

bought this spare kit at Lim Tyre Ampang plus four new CSC3
Don't know if this is the best decision. I do miss the security of the RFT's.
The CSC3 is nice ride definitely but personally I think the CSC2 Rft's are better through corners. Just my my cents. :wink:

Might go back to RFT's once I go through this set of tyres.

The spare set should cost RM1k++. Don't really remember the exact price for it. It include jacks etc.
never tried it though.

IMG00327-20091220-0858.jpg

IMG00326-20091220-0858.jpg

hi Riki
what is the spare tire size? interested to get one once my RTF is due...when use non-RTF however, psychologically dont feel secure even with the Mobility Kit in the trunk..

with the spare tire in the trunk the luggage is limited pulak:eek:

Top Bottom