planning to own an e60 !!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

danielclarke

Club Guest
hi there ... i'm planning to get an e60 now ... or should i say in a month or two ... seriously my budget is not sky high but i'm thinkin of something simple ...power doesn't matter to me so 520 or 523 would be good enuff ...i'm also planning to add on a lil kit maybe m'tech or something simple .. planning to go for 19 or 20 inch rims ...a lil dark tints .... pls do let me know bout the price too cos i'm from penang hard to get stuff over here i guess ...so guys any comments or advise like FC , other maint. , and i prefer to get a used r recond car cos i think i wont loose that much when i sell !!pls help me out ppl ...thanks in advance ...

The E60 is a great car but I would seriously ask you to consider the 523i cos unlike Jap saloons, the E60 is a heavy bit of precision machinery! With a 520i, you might be quite surprised the car can barely move. The 523i should be much better while the 525i is ideal.

My advice, dont get the 520i or 523i,

its better to get the 525i. As for maintenance wise, its abt the same.... i ve both 520i (AB) and 525i(japan spec)

if you pan to get a recond or 2nd car, make sure u test drive the car and send the car for a diagnos test. A diagnos test would cost like RM 50 and you get to know if the car has any mechanical problem.

Another problem, if you buy a jap recond, most of the car does not come with PDC (Parkin Distanc COntrol), i only realise that after i got the car... what a shame,

Mileage - 525i is better than 520i ( my car petrol consumption on 525i is surprising lower than 520i)

Power - obviously 525i is more powderful , but i feel the same when both at high speed..

Ermmm if i can think of other problems or precaution, i will highlight here again,

Enjoy your E60 ride soon.... its a nice car.....but again i stressed it, not as comfortable as E39....

Cheers mate

e60 is great no doubt! my 520 is my first ever bmw after been in japs for years.

Your should test drive the car and see if the power is sufficient for you...but if you plan to fit 19 or 20inch wheels, i would say no less than 523...

Msport-525i;229425 said:
Enjoy your E60 ride soon.... its a nice car.....but again i stressed it, not as comfortable as E39....

arr? which area bro..? just curious...cabin size? ride? smoothness?

thsaw99;229532 said:
e60 is great no doubt! my 520 is my first ever bmw after been in japs for years.

Your should test drive the car and see if the power is sufficient for you...but if you plan to fit 19 or 20inch wheels, i would say no less than 523...

arr? which area bro..? just curious...cabin size? ride? smoothness?

the seats la bro..... i prefer e39 seats....

oic....ok ok...btw were you at aloha last nite bro? arrived about 12ish and stayed till bout 2...place was so loud la...

thsaw99;229536 said:
oic....ok ok...btw were you at aloha last nite bro? arrived about 12ish and stayed till bout 2...place was so loud la...

nope i did nt go to aloha...... sorry guys.,...

Yo bro...my advise u go to Green Lane, the price for recond bimmers are vary from each individual shop. Dont be confuse coz the shop number across the road is the same 88. You also can browse at Gurney area next to existing around about, the way to botanical garden. But the price there quite high....you know la that area very high end one...Talking bout the accessory shop we have in Penang but usually u need to place order first, the they will get it for u from KL...Its costing though

I'm also planning to get myself an E60 also but mine will be 530I 2003 Japan Spec.
My budget also no sky high but I think i can manage the rm3200 monthly plus the service maintenence. How much is your budget Daniel?Maybe u can pm me if u having difficullty in obtaining higher loan.
Btw, to all forumners,just wanna ask if active steering is standard to all E60s? I also notice the unit i booked for dont have side rear blind fitted but the windows instead are heavily tinted. How much does it cost me to install one if i wish to do so?

thanks for all the reply ...
my budget not very sure la about 2xxk la...
i'm not worry about loan ... its budget for guideline so i wont splurge ...
basically plus modification nothing more than 300k (the lower the better)..
planning to go for m-tec kit with hamann lips i wonder how much is that ...
and i think i'll go for 19 inch cos 20" tire is like 30-35 series its too thin scared the comfort for such a car goes down the drain .. but i dunno wether i should lower the ride or not with 19 ..how much does the lowered coil cost ???..guess bodykit , spray , wheels, and hid will cost up to 20k ..
and juz some add on for audio maybe another 10k cos i got some of my high end amps and subs still with me .. so guess juz tint the glass a lil darker will do ...
how much is the insurance for the damn car thats the thing that worry me the most ... wat bout road tax ... dun mind lettin me know from 520 - 530 i'm not goin anything higher than dat ...
yeah i agree with the fact 520 u would loose some power but i'm old enough to drive slow and enjoy the ride .. used to have turbo charged engine and all i think its juz plain stupid so now its time to relax enjoy the ride (look good its also one of it ) hahahahha
a few q here ...
1. m-tec kit price ?
2.hamann lip price ?
3.m5 19" rims ?
4.19" tires ?
5.bulb type for all front lamps ?
6.silver tints ?

sorry for all the newbie question gotta think right and get it right or i'll have no choice but to pick a murano instead !!!hahahah
thanks guys

how much eh ?
mtec i saw on motor trader 7k plus !!!
wat about fibre glass ones ???
wat tire u running on ???
the m5 rims about 7.5k rite ?

Juan Powerblow;229394 said:
The E60 is a great car but I would seriously ask you to consider the 523i cos unlike Jap saloons, the E60 is a heavy bit of precision machinery! With a 520i, you might be quite surprised the car can barely move. The 523i should be much better while the 525i is ideal.

John, what about the 530i? using the same engine as the 330i but does not have the push button start...is this a good buy?

regards

HI MSport

You mentioned you own a 525 Japan specs, any problems with the car so far? I'm looking at quite a few recond Japan models nowadays, priced about RM250K, but just concerned if there are any major problems with the car before I jump into one.

Thanks in advance

mine have no problem ...so far... touch wood..like i said bring the car for a diagnos and feel the car....i believe its the best way to test drive the car...

Hi Daniel

What makes you want a Murano? For info, I drive a Murano 3.5 and have ordered a new E90 320i hopefully will be deliver by next week.

danielclarke;229571 said:
thanks for all the reply ...
my budget not very sure la about 2xxk la...
i'm not worry about loan ... its budget for guideline so i wont splurge ...
basically plus modification nothing more than 300k (the lower the better)..
planning to go for m-tec kit with hamann lips i wonder how much is that ...
and i think i'll go for 19 inch cos 20" tire is like 30-35 series its too thin scared the comfort for such a car goes down the drain .. but i dunno wether i should lower the ride or not with 19 ..how much does the lowered coil cost ???..guess bodykit , spray , wheels, and hid will cost up to 20k ..
and juz some add on for audio maybe another 10k cos i got some of my high end amps and subs still with me .. so guess juz tint the glass a lil darker will do ...
how much is the insurance for the damn car thats the thing that worry me the most ... wat bout road tax ... dun mind lettin me know from 520 - 530 i'm not goin anything higher than dat ...
yeah i agree with the fact 520 u would loose some power but i'm old enough to drive slow and enjoy the ride .. used to have turbo charged engine and all i think its juz plain stupid so now its time to relax enjoy the ride (look good its also one of it ) hahahahha
a few q here ...
1. m-tec kit price ?
2.hamann lip price ?
3.m5 19" rims ?
4.19" tires ?
5.bulb type for all front lamps ?
6.silver tints ?

sorry for all the newbie question gotta think right and get it right or i'll have no choice but to pick a murano instead !!!hahahah
thanks guys

dunno juz for looks i guess thought its one of the nicest affordable suv ....
anyone knows about the roadtax and insurance i gotta pay for the e60 ???

Top Bottom