Phuket Here We Come...BMWCM Drive to Phuket

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beza dia senang je. Bikers bila cakap gerak 4 pagi pukul 3.30 dah sampai. BMW club nak gerak 4 pagi hampeh pukul 8 gerak pun dah kira bagus macam orang yang tanya nie .:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

so no takers for this little adventure...

Errr..... those without a BMW can join in ka? Am currently driving a Honda Civic.... not that fast but think can catch up with u guys.

uuumph that one have to get the consensus of the rest i suppose...but if they vote no Hondas, you are still wellcome to come but maybe hitch a ride with somebody.

Dear all concerned fellow keen UDM owners for this Phuket trip, first of all my apology for the disappearance for a few days from this thread, I am away from KL. I should be back to KL on Sunday.
As per all the questions posted, I should be able to provide some inputs by Tuesday (11/09). Let me come up with a proper itinerary for all to consider.
Cheers...

Ratatouille;245349 said:
Errr..... those without a BMW can join in ka? Am currently driving a Honda Civic.... not that fast but think can catch up with u guys.

Honda Civic? Wow can outrun my M43B18 anytime woh :)

XXX;245360 said:
uuumph that one have to get the consensus of the rest i suppose...but if they vote no Hondas, you are still wellcome to come but maybe hitch a ride with somebody.

Tumpang ride not nice ler. Was already planning a year end trip to Phuket and Bangkok with family and friends. Would be nice to just tumpang glory but not literally make myself inmmobile withou my ride. :slug:

..ok then, once things work out we see how we can fit you in...hopefully you get your beemer by then ...the easiest way though would be to go to Brothers and buy a BMW Emblem and cover the honda Emblem...hehehehe....oh yah might as well buy an M3 emblem as well while you are at it...kekekekekekeke

Matta Fair starts today I think. Can check out good rates for hotels. May drop by PWTC later and if anything related to Thailand, I grab for you. :top: In return, you buy me a M3 emblem. :cool:

Dear all keen adventurers, here are some of your inquiries and concerns:-
I'll try my best to answer to my best knowledge and also some inputs from veterans. Below are:-

blackrobe;244402 said:
guys, need to ask the seasoned ones.... any problems with driving up to thailand, particularly on insurance and any requirements... thx

sithwarrior;244604 said:
Yea bro E90, what about insurance and stuff. let us know

Bros, Blackrobe & Sithwarrior, your answers as per below:

okow;244831 said:
Blackrobe has asked very valid questions as some of you may have issues with some of the conditions mentioned below:

- you would need to buy Insurance (Thai 3rd party) which is sold at Changloon or at the border. 9 days, 1 month or 1 year multiple.

- you need your original car registration card (in your name as owner)
or a photo copy of registration card of which you would need a Police (officer rank and above) to endorse.

- if the car is not registered in your name, you would need a letter from the owner authorising you to drive it across the border.

- border opens at 6am and closes at 10 pm (if its still the same)

I hope information is still correct as I have not been across in a long time.

Thanks bro okow for the detail information pertaining the insurance & registration card. Please take note of the photocopied registration procedure above (Currently not required, just the photocopied will do). As for company registered vehicles,please obtain the company's authorisation letter with company's letterhead will do.

redbaron;244856 said:
Wa this days trip also people want to hijack this days.May i know who gave you the ok from the com to do this posting Mr BlackE90.Tq

Actually I did it was not Black E90 who started it I moved it from the Thailand thread here to start new bcos the other thread was a bit messy oledi. Sorry.

XXX

Bro Redbaron, I didn't hijacked your thread, XXX helped to organised it,so it doesn't look that messy from the previous. As for the trip approval, I did make a suggestion/proposal to XXX & Sithwarrior during the Lill' 3ers Fest (3-series drive on Sep 02). Please refer to below:

sithwarrior;244881 said:
yes I most likely did, thats because the one that had started the earlier planned trip seems to have dissapeared...

Bro Albundy, thanks for your suggestions:

ALBundy;244911 said:
I believe the organiser of the trip can provide more details such as the below without waiting for any feedback or the so called consensus.

Again I re-emphasized, chicken and egg situation. No one can decide or at least respond favourably without more details. Even if anyone were to say interested now, they might withdraw later when they find out the trip is expensive, not family oriented and etc...which will then be a waste of resources.

Simple things to do but pertinent for members since it will influenced their decision,

1) call a few hotels to check out the rates at the proposed date. ie; Hotel A = RM
X, Hotel B = RM Y.

2) find out what recreational activities can be done for those that intend to
bring their family there (snorkeling, golf, rock climbing, paint ball and etc)

3) cost of driving there and duration to do so (this can be done as BlackE90 has
done so many times)

4) Is there any sponsors on the pipeline? Meaning to say the organiser plan to
have sponsors or not. If no, then say no.

5) Total cost for the trip = Hotel room cost + Cost of driving (toll + petrol + etc) + food - sponsors (if any)

6) Any competent BMW mechanic to go along (with basic spares like battery, water pump, thermostat and belts)

Cheers.

Thank for your inputs bro okow...

okow;244935 said:
1) call a few hotels to check out the rates at the proposed date. ie; Hotel A = RM
X, Hotel B = Hatyai 3-4* approx RM180 -250 per room per nite inclusive b'fast
Phuket 3-4* approx RM 280 - 350 per room per nite incl b'fast

2) find out what recreational activities can be done for those that intend to
bring their family there (snorkeling, golf, rock climbing, paint ball and etc)
Hatyai, both Thai and 'aternative' massage, immitation branded attire shopping, nitelife, disco, sexy show, akua show, tiger show, if unlucky kena 'explosive' (literally) show, tom yam

Phuket: sun and sea, snorkelling, diving, banana boat, parasailing, jetski, deep sea fishing, canoeing, motor bike and jeep hire, Go- Kart, Bungy, Shooting gallery, paintball, rock climbing, golfing, Elephant ride and show, (Fantasy ) Simon Cabaret (akua show), Monkey show, snake show, tiger show, bar hopping, gogo bars, disco, thai and 'alternative' massage & tom yam.

As for the actual hotel & rates, please stay tune....(awaiting for my Thai counterpart to revert to us).
As for Q3 to Q6, as per below:-

"3) cost of driving there and duration to do so (this can be done as BlackE90 has
done so many times)."

I spent RM750 for a round trip from KL-Phuket-KL with my Pajero. (Fuel in Thailand is slightly more expensive than ours). Our UDM should consume much less than my Pajero, safely around RM500 +/-.

"4) Is there any sponsors on the pipeline? Meaning to say the organiser plan to
have sponsors or not. If no, then say no. Will try to get sponsors."

XXX & committees please assist to discuss with AB or SA. Your help in this aspect is much required,Thanks guys...Stay tune...

"5) Total cost for the tripHotel room cost + Cost of driving (toll + petrol + etc) + food - sponsors (if any) estimated RM1500 per car of 2 pax could be lower if there is sponsors involved."

Unable to confirm the room rates as now. As for petrol,please refer to Q3. We only need to pay for our toll charges from KL-Changloong (Bukit Kayu Hitam)-KL (return), as in Thailand there aren't any toll.

"6) Any competent BMW mechanic to go along (with basic spares like battery, water pump, thermostat and belts) thought of askin either AB or Sapura's Mobile unit to follow either that or work something out."

Referring to Q4 again, need the committees to assist to speak to AB or SA. Hopefully we can get either of them to sponsor. Stay tune...

redbaron;244942 said:
The thai toursim also can help if you see them. Once i did treasure hunt from KL to Phuket and they were very helpfull.

Will write officially to the Thai counterparts to obtain their Tourism police's assistance to bring us in the convoy.

redbaron;244945 said:
Very simple as once the great lord sith said lets set up working committe first.

sithwarrior;244974 said:
yes yes and I recomend that you guys get a proper working committee first... Black E90 when would you like to have the first meeting ? I cant join in but get one started anyways

XXX please assist me to set up this working committee ASAP,thanks....Stay tune.....

JYazid;245021 said:
I wish I can bring-in my kids....... :thefinger: :stupid:

Bro JYazid, don't worry...there will be games & activities for kids. Not the aqua shows...NO..NO...

OK guys, please allow me till Tuesday (11/09) to come out with some inputs for you all to decide.
Stay tune adventurers, more information will follow.......
Cheers bros...

good job !!

Read with interest trip to Phuket, actually not diificult to organise one. U just need the right contact and the right people to go. then it will make ur planned trip easier. I hv been convoi with my fren to Trang, krabi and Ko samui last few years.
Black E90, i will try to help things out.

rgds !!:rock:

pcchuah;246172 said:
Read with interest trip to Phuket, actually not diificult to organise one. U just need the right contact and the right people to go. then it will make ur planned trip easier. I hv been convoi with my fren to Trang, krabi and Ko samui last few years.
Black E90, i will try to help things out.

rgds !!:rock:

Thanks & appreciate Bro PCchuah for your offer. Please suggest / contribute to make this fun drive successful and memorable one.
:beer:

ICEMAN 13;246351 said:
blacke90 --- you're the man ...

Bro ICEMAN13, I'm just a "kuli" wanna have lots of fun......
thanks bro....wondering if you can lend a helping hand in organising this trip? Or provide some suggestions...?
Of course, the main objective is to have a fun & memorable cross border drive before the year ends.

BlackE90;246406 said:
Bro ICEMAN13, I'm just a "kuli" wanna have lots of fun......
thanks bro....wondering if you can lend a helping hand in organising this trip? Or provide some suggestions...?
Of course, the main objective is to have a fun & memorable cross border drive before the year ends.

bro ..everyone is a kuli lorr .. cari makan and so on ...

why don't you call up those or send them a pm and perhaps have a meet up somewhere for TT or HH ... just for the start and from here you'll know the input or ideas coming...

your objective is awsome ...

OK dear adventurers, I am still waiitng for the hotel rates from Phuket. So in the mean time, I thought I just post up the tentative itenarary & costing for all to have a feel of this overland drive.

Proposed dates from Dec 12 to 17 2007
Day 1 (Dec 12)

wei your itenary how come only day 1 only ???

OK dear adventurers, I am still waiting for the hotel rates from Phuket. So in the mean time, I thought I just post up the tentative itinerary & costing for all to have a feel of this overland drive.

Proposed dates from Dec 12 to 17 2007 & draft travel itinerary

Day 1 (Dec 12) - 0800hr - Gathering at either Sapura Auto or Auto Bavaria (yet to be determined, need further discussion & meeting with the concerned parties - hopefully can negotiate for breakfast sponsorship too....) for a Flag-Off ceremony.
0900hr - Official Flag-Off, Convoy begins overland adventure to the land of Smiles - Sawadeekrab....
1200hr - Convoy stops for Lunch @ Sg Perak R&R.
1300hr - Convoy resumes journey on North-South Expressway heading to Changloong.
1530hr - ETA at Changloong for refueling (Cheaper petrol before entering the Thai border). Filling up Embarkation forms.
1630hr - Last minute Duty Free shopping and proceed to cross border checkpoint.
1730hr - Convoy enters Thai soil & proceed to Trang (maybe Hadyai - if situation permits).
1930hr - Dinner by the roadside along the highway to Trang (Or dinner at Hadyai, if its alright to put up a night in Hadyai). Yet to be confirmed....

Day 2 (Dec 13) - 0700hr - "Alun sawasdee"...Wakeup call (ring...ring....), breakfast & checkout of hotel.
0800hr - Convoy begins rolling......
1000hr - Convoy breaks for "pee-pee"....
1200hr - Entering Krabi, will have lunch on the floating restaurant.
1400hr - Convoy resumes rolling.....rolling......
1600hr - "Pee-pee" break
1830hr - ETA at Phuket....on Rat-U-Thit Road, Patong Beach, looking for our hotel.......(Yet to have details from my contact).
1900hr - Checkin to rooms....
1930hr - Dinner at the respective Hotel.
2100hr - Free & easy.....Massage, Jalan-jalan, Bar hopping, etc......

Day 3 (Dec 14) - 0700 - "Alun sawasdee" again for breakfast at hotel
0830hr - Convoy to 1st destination -
Bungee Jumping

Formerly known as Tarzan Jungle Bungee Jump, this is a 50m (165 ft.) jump over a lagoon surrounded by lush jungle. Opened in 1992, Jungle Bungee boasts a 100% safety record, and provides full insurance cover. Jungle Bungee is located in Kathu, halfway between Patong and Phuket City.

Destination # 2 - Phronthep Cape

Phuket Paintball

Test your skills and bravery by playing soldiers with gas-powered paint guns and splatter your enemies. There are a number of areas and scenerarios to keep you entertained and coming back for more at Top Gun Paintball, operated by the Phuket Shooting Range.
Guns and protective clothing are provided.
Phuket Elephant Trekking

Elephant trekking can be a memorable experience not to be missed during your stay in Phuket, especially for children. There are numerous elephant camps around Phuket that provide an opportunity to ride on an elephant along a trail through jungle and rubber plantations.
Most of these elephant safaris are relatively short, 30 mins to 1 hour, though you do get to take in a lot of the natural surroundings on your way. Therefore, most elephant treks will also involve a ride on bamboo rafts or buffalo cart as well. There is also usually an elephant show in which trained elephants perform various tasks.

Phuket Gun Shooting Range

If you feel like firing off a few rounds, Phuket Shooting Range provide safe but loud facilities. Located near Chalong Circle in the south of the island. There is an incredible array of weapons: AK-47s, M-16s, Colt .45s, Smith and Wesson .38s, 9mms, and .22 magnums. Bulls-eye, human and outdoor falling plate targets are available.
Fees depend on the type and number of bullets used. A target, gun, use of the range, bullets, ear protectors, insurance and instruction are included in the price.

etc...etc........lots of fun for the UDM owners & family......

Shopping....shopping....for the ladies......Patong has a new & big shopping mall.

Day 4 (Dec 15) - Wake up early & continue the fun again.......

Phuket Go-karting

Phuket has a 750 metre go-kart track, the Patong Go-kart Speedway, with flood lighting for evening races and a wide range of go-karts. These include high speed super karts, standard single karts, two-seater karts and kids' karts. The track also has a 30-seat round-view restaurant and seating area for spectators.
Patong Go-kart Speedway is located over the hill from Patong on the way to Phuket City.

Phuket Fantasea

Phuket FantaSea is a cultural theme-park packed with loads of activities and entertainment. The theme-park is inspired by Thailand’s rich and exotic heritage. However, Phuket FantaSea not only showcases the charm and beauty of Thailand, but also enriches ancient Thai traditions with cutting edge technology and special effects. Not to be missed during your holiday in Phuket, especially if you have kids.

Day 5 (Dec 16) - Checkout & Shopping Spree.....get ready to roll back to Trang / Hadyai.
Have lots of massage sessions in Trang / Hadyai upon arrival.

Day 6 (Dec 17) Rolling back to M'sian & Thai Border....back to reality...to make up the $$$$ spent.....

See you all in the next adventure......

Ah..Ha....here comes the "HOW MUCH...?".....Estimated cost without lunches & dinners (except Day 4 at Fantasea, dinner provided), ONLY for accommodation should be RM1,500 (Stay tune for exact amount), EXCLUDE ALL ACTIVITIES & ENTRANCE CHARGES. All other cost will be finalised and POSSIBLE lower as soon as we have some sponsors.

AGAIN...STAY TUNE.....

what is the hotel name that you have in mind in phuket. Month of Dec in phuket sure mahal want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom