Performance Chip

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cchsbn

Club Guest
I am interested to supply and is doing a survey to see any of the BMW owner would like to change the original chip to racing chip.The change would not interfer much with the fuel consumption.There will be an increase of 12% to 15% of hp and torque.There will be chip for all model of BMW (M20, M30, M40, M50).The price for the chip is RM300 inclusive of postage throughout Malaysia.Anybody interested ?

Bro at least post the picture here n explain more details about the product

What is the specs for the chip ? Different supplier have different specs ?
DINAN, JC, EAT, PC, AC etc.

Does ur chip covers 02 sensor as well ?

Originally posted by willie@Sep 6 2005, 08:45 PM
i though performance chip need about RM1,000+????????
original will cost that price....but duplicated will be cheap.....But maybe is a new pruduct....cchsbn..post some pic of the products and give some detail on it will help.... :)

an empty chip from Jalan Pasar cost a lot lot less.. but not all remaps works as well so u got to know what mapping u getting....

And let's not forget a certain individual trying a selling 'discounted O2' here not too long ago...

oh, btw, got chip for E36 M42B18 with EWS ah????

what is the different between duplicated and original one??? not just plug and play one ah????

Originally posted by willie@Sep 6 2005, 10:53 PM
what is the different between duplicated and original one??? not just plug and play one ah????
Just like u buy a original CD and burn a few more for ur fren..... :D Which quality is better?

quality of chip means?? it can't tahan?? will spoilt easily??? or not functioning as well as those ori one???

The cost that goes into the ori chip is the R&D done to get the mapping and u are oso paying for the brand name....

As for the base chip, it's about the same quality. it's either made in Taiwan, Japan or even Malaysia anyway.. ;) btw, it's EPROM chip, it's like CD-RW - rewriteable....

There's a good chip tuner in Canada too by the name of Mark D'sylvia aka MarkD who does a fair bit of BMW ECU remapping. His chips selling for about CND200. pretty good reviews from the forummers but those users are mainly in US.

so for my E36 318i what kind of improvement will there be if i use the replica one??? better fuel consumption at least???

More info cchsbn...... but judging from responses so far there certainly is interest.

My questions are the same -

what sort of mapping? clone of what chip?

is remapping optimised for malaysian fuels e.g. RON 92/97 unleaded

do you have specifc mapping for e.g. M20B20 auto with K&N drop in filter (ekekekekekek :lol:)

chips are designed for which motronic version?

Aiyo!

Chipping will not increase your torque! Cubic capacity or force induction will. With a remap, tuners are able to further capitalize on the current efficiency of the ori mapping which means ori is meant for all walks of life therefore, when a car manufacturer produce a car they will be concerned with emmissions control issues especially because of US, fuel consumption. A good remap will hoever be able to maximise the potential of the engine but you may lose out on fuel but then again it depends on your style of driving.
Torque curve can be shifted to be more accessible giving one the idea that there is more torque.

cchsbn

Better to provide detail & also a meet up to share more info on actual mapping results like a dyno chart & stuff like that. Please do attend TT this friday or anytime that is convinient to you.

With all due respect, i dont thk we know you but from past experiences here, there have been some really dodgy deals.

Most replacement chips are ecu designated meaning u need to give them the ECU code (last three digit of the part No), because the mappings are slightly different . And also the most of the chips are written for petrol grade of at least 95 ron upwards, meaning you cant use the Projet 92Ron fuel which is cheaper. I was using Viper2 chip before, and it works to a certain extent, better idle, smoother rev esp 2000rpm onwards, rev limiter deleted...better hp abt 5-10%(claimed by the chip programmer)...but then again chipping only makes the car drives smoother but what u actually need is torque and loads of it....and chipping it rarely produces extra torque...bigger cc thats what u need...anyone got a b27 head...

Originally posted by dvng@Sep 7 2005, 12:51 AM
Most replacement chips are ecu designated meaning u need to give them the ECU code (last three digit of the part No), because the mappings are slightly different . And also the most of the chips are written for petrol grade of at least 95 ron upwards, meaning you cant use the Projet 92Ron fuel which is cheaper. I was using Viper2 chip before, and it works to a certain extent, better idle, smoother rev esp 2000rpm onwards, rev limiter deleted...better hp abt 5-10%(claimed by the chip programmer)...but then again chipping only makes the car drives smoother but what u actually need is torque and loads of it....and chipping it rarely produces extra torque...bigger cc thats what u need...anyone got a b27 head...
dvng

Well said. However for the older version not necessary i believe to provise ecu p.no's. if for OBDII then yes you will need to download your current software & email the guy to do the chg. Then upload it back. That is how i did with for my MCS. Quite cool actually. Can switch back anytime i like to ori. Also what i did is to specify what torque curve that i want & with what modifications.

B27? Got 1 H27 engine for sale. Might want to consider that. :D

hmm..looks like no new updates by the topic starter eh?..:)..despite the interest?..:p

Top Bottom