paddle shifts anyone?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

meinauto

Club Guest
Hi allYou have seen this (or a version of this) before...many guys in Spore have done it using the M3 DCT steering wheel and Spaceman has it as well. On our side, Freddie finally decided to take a look and is now happily paddle shifting in his 325 SportsA good thing about this is that it works on all E9xs and you have an option of either the 335 or the M3 steering wheels and paddle shifters!

paddleshifting into boleh land....kekekee....calling E46fanatic....the time has come! you gotta do this mod, a MUST have mod! ~poison~ a bit...kakakakaa......

Very cool. At least no need to go to SG to get this done already. Best pedal shifting experience will be using the M3 steering and the DCT paddles. in Singapore, Willman brings this in with Airbag so its costly. I was thinkin of getting it in without the airbag but also had no one to install it here... untill now.

How much is the M3 DCT steering and installation? I think can reuse my airbag. Where to install?

meinauto;395436 said:
now happily paddle shifting in his 325 Sports

Did the whole steering have to be replaced or did he add the paddle shifters to the existing M steering wheel?

Might pay to organise a group buy as there seem to be a few interested...

Cobra Kai;395651 said:
Did the whole steering have to be replaced or did he add the paddle shifters to the existing M steering wheel?

The paddle shifters are an add-on to his "M3" steering wheel. Its actually a standard M steering wheel which is wrapped in Nappa leather like the one found in the M3 with the nice M colored stitches. He did it for ~Rm600-700 and it looks pretty authentic.

The one Freddie is using is a 335 steering wheel so it already comes with the paddle shifts

Basically, you have two choices
- M3 DCT steering wheel
- M-sport steering wheel with 335 paddles

Difference is the cost...if I am not mistaken, the M3 paddles alone costs ~RM2k+!!

Cobra Kai;395651 said:

You replace the existing steering wheel with another that has the paddles . For those with the sports steering wheel, you can re-use your airbag and if you want, you can also change the steering cover to an "M" cover

I am sure something can be organised for a group buy - you just need to have a firm show of hands :)

meinauto;395879 said:
You replace the existing steering wheel with another that has the paddles . For those with the sports steering wheel, you can re-use your airbag and if you want, you can also change the steering cover to an "M" cover

I am sure something can be organised for a group buy - you just need to have a firm show of hands :)

Ah didn't realize they were different steering wheels on Freddie's car. This was the pic I took of his steering with the leather wrap a few months ago.

M3steering.jpg

I wonder, are his pedals orig or aftermarket?

Y'know what, I only just discovered the storage compartment below the lights switch. Now I have a place to put me sunnies. Always thought that was a fuse box! :banghead:

Sorry to go OT a bit, but you said his is a 325i Sports right? Which month/year roughly? Curious because 2 diffs with mine: the pedals, and the steering wheel has no dimples on the side panels.

Sorry...I misread your post. I thought you asked about the paddles (instead of pedals) :)

PEDALS are aftermarket - Hartge I believe

The dimples you are referring to are the dimples on the leather?

The steering wheel Freddie is currently using is a 335 steering wheel re-wrapped in nappa leather

Understand bro. Right now, you can only see paddles right? Stupid me talking about pedals! :D

Between you and E46F, you've mentioned 3 wheels: M, M3 and 335. I'm confused - according to E46F, that pix is pre-335 c/w paddles.

- On which wheel can you snap on the paddles?
- How much to snap-on the paddles? 2k+?
- How much for the 335 wheel c/w paddles? ~10k?

Here is my understanding of what is possible in terms of TYPES of wheels that can be retrofitted
1. M-sports with paddles (the one with the dimples on the leather)
2. 335 Non-M sports with paddles
3. M3 DCT

If you already have a sports steering wheel, you can re-use the airbag and the cover. If you don't, eg. for 320s, you will need to buy a complete set

Cost? I am not sure but I am guessing RM6-7k for the M3 DCT wheel (including the M cover)? and less for the M-sports wheel?

In other words, if your current steering wheel does not have cut outs for the paddles, you can't snap it in. You have to change the entire steering wheel

Top Bottom