original absorber with Eibach sport spring.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
have few questions to add ....
1. Bilstein yellow = sports; black = OEM specs - is this rite ?
so bilstein B8 is ?
2. eibachs vs H&R - views? looks like most using eibachs.
3. where to get the eibach springs?
4. is it possible to get matched set of springs and absorbers- read somewhere, when running after market springs( lower) its better to have absorbers that are matching due to lower/ shorter travel distance...
5. to add to the confusion...wat about antiroll bars (ARB)..anysuggestion on the ideal settings/type for ARB, springs and absorbers package?
sorry if it overlaps some of earlier questions,am planning to change springs/ absobers and wanna have a good setup...maybe even join HPC ...
..Sifus (especially the turun track kaki) appreciate your views...

na993;318485 said:
have few questions to add ....
1. Bilstein yellow = sports; black = OEM specs - is this rite ?
so bilstein B8 is ?
2. eibachs vs H&R - views? looks like most using eibachs.
3. where to get the eibach springs?
4. is it possible to get matched set of springs and absorbers- read somewhere, when running after market springs( lower) its better to have absorbers that are matching due to lower/ shorter travel distance...
5. to add to the confusion...wat about antiroll bars (ARB)..anysuggestion on the ideal settings/type for ARB, springs and absorbers package?
sorry if it overlaps some of earlier questions,am planning to change springs/ absobers and wanna have a good setup...maybe even join HPC ...
..Sifus (especially the turun track kaki) appreciate your views...

1. Sports
I'm on B8 + H&R. So far I'm loving it :) From what I've read, Eibach is slightly softer compared to H&Rs. So if you're looking for comfort I'd suggest you go for Eibach.
Try Msports Division (Sunway)
Not so sure about this but I've met people who are using standard shocks with Eibach lowering springs and it's fine.
5. Sorry can't help you with this, no experience with it :p

for what i know lowered spring with oem absorbers the absorbers would not last long.example: oem springs + oem absorbers can use 100,000km
lowered springs + oem absorbers can use maybe 70,000km

OEM spring is softer than after market spring. So the OEM absorber will have to work a lot harder to "absorb" the stronger after market spring movement, which directly impact the life of the OEM absorber. It wouldn't feel nice anyway putting in a harder spring and keeping the OEM absorber.

For improved vehicle stability, harder absorber is more critical than harder spring. Harder spring is necessary because when u lower the ride, there's less suspension movement room, so the spring are made harder to restrict the lesser movement room.

Bro Loafer, thanks for the the info, so Bilstein B8 and yellow is the same = sports.
Bro astroboy, agree with you, though have read that if you upgrade antiroll bars, no need to have such hard absobers for cornering control. I personally feel the E30 rolls to much.

Stiffer absorber will help reduce rolling too... of course the primary function for antiroll bar is "neutralise" rolling la.

Slap in a stiffer absorber, you oredi half way there! :top:

Not sure if this would help those considering spring upgrades, got this from anther site ;

Stock e30 M3 spring rates are 140lbs front, 250lbs rear.
Stock non-M spring rates are 106lbs front, 245lbs rear.
Stock non-m SPORT spring rates are 118lbs front, 265lbs rear. (all 325eS/iS)

Eibach Prokit spring rates are 102lbs front, 277lbs rear.
H&R Sport spring rates 185lbs front, 380 rear.
H&R Race spring rates 315lbs front, 570 rear.

I did consider the H&R Race springs but decided not to since I'll be changing to coilovers in the near distant future and figured it would be harder to sell off anyways.

If you're looking at visiting the track often then I would suggest that you invest in a set of coilovers. The cheapest coilover setup I know around would be Titan coilovers. Fully customizable to your liking, serviceable, MIM (Made In Malaysia) and it's only a fraction of the price compared to brands like Bilstein, Tein and H&R.

Alternatively you can always opt for Bilstein + H&R Race springs. Don't forget to throw in a stiffer ARB as well :)

Bro Loafers,if you're gonna convert to coilovers ahem anychance you're letting go of your current setup? how long have you had the HnR & B8 ?

Guys

I got Bilstein Black absorbers (which I believe is OEM quality) last year and it has only done 16500km.

I am thinking of getting Eibach springs and running them on my relatively new absorbers.

It would be a waste to discard the absorbers now and and get Bilstein Yellows.

So can my current absorbers go with the "lower" Eibach pro kit spring or must I get the Bilstein Yellows.

I believe the springs only cost RM1000.

Thanks

The Bilstein's Application Guide states:-

"IMPORTANT NOTE-SUSPENSION MODIFICATIONS FOR LOWERING VEHICLE RIDE HEIGHT.
If Bilstein shocks are used in conjunction with shorter aftermarket springs, the shocks selected should
be Sport type. HD or C type shocks are not suitable."

The difference b/w SP, HD and C is explained here:-
http://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/bilstein_info.cfm

Also see

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/h...&model='318, 325, 328 All Models'&year='1995'

anxious;319703 said:
Guys

I got Bilstein Black absorbers (which I believe is OEM quality) last year and it has only done 16500km.

I am thinking of getting Eibach springs and running them on my relatively new absorbers.

So can my current absorbers go with the "lower" Eibach pro kit spring or must I get the Bilstein Yellows.

Thanks

u still can use the oem absorbers,it's only the life spent will be shorter?

does any one use before sachs springs? i saw online that they have 2 kind of spec for e30, lowed 20mm & 35mm.if lowed 20mm i think is very good for e30 coz e30 oil sum very low,the car go to low very easy to kena oil sum.does any one know how sachs perform?

na993;319667 said:
Bro Loafers,if you're gonna convert to coilovers ahem anychance you're letting go of your current setup? how long have you had the HnR & B8 ?

Had them for 2 months. Yea I will most probably let them go but that won't be happening anytime soon :) Probably in another few more months then I'll get myself a set of coilovers.

anxious;319703 said:
Guys

Thanks

I believe your current absorbers can go with the lower Eibach pro kit springs. The only problem you will ever face is shorter life span for your stock absorbers. Other than that it should perform as per.

I have friends who are using OEM absorbers with lowering springs. No complains so far.

Bro anxious- thanks for the links, very helpful.
Bro loafer - if and when that time/ itch comes, PM me , seriously interested.. by raya, am for sure going to change my set up......hang on .. which model is yours - your avatar looks like an e36 , i cannot see to clearly....if so cannot aledy la....

Top Bottom