Opinions on E38

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

baby26

Club Guest
HI all sifus,I am thinking to buy an E38 728i. Can give any advice on maintenance, fuel consumption and reliability ? I will use it as my daily car.Any common failures that I should take note ? What about Double Vanos, which year and is it more powerful ? Appreciate your feedback as i'm new BMW. Thanks for your generous comments.

Hi there,

Kindly introduce yourself in the Newbies section...much appreciated, thanks!

Cheers :)

baby26,

go to 7series section of this forum. there will be a TT this friday; present your queries to the sifus there, and pay for their drinks/food.

Thanks Mizhan for getting us free drinks this Friday nite! hahah!!

Baby26, its a good comfy daily driver in you only need to drive to and fro office with the occasional external meetings. If you're in sales and drives to customers place everyday, then, maybe not. Fuel consumption is expected for a 2.8ltr 2 tonne car. I'm getting around 500km for a full tank of 80ltr for my daily commute (50:50 city:hway) from my single vanos unit. Double vanos will probably give you better consumption, foot weight being constant ;) Thank God it runs on RON95.

I experience no issue with reliability. Oil and filter change will set you back RM400 - 500 per service at 8 - 10k intervals (2 tubs of fully synth @ RM400+, oil filter RM30+ and labour). Parts are easily available from parts suppliers (both Ori and OEM, new and 2nd hand).

Come for the 7ers TT this Friday and the sifus will give you plenty more insights into owning one.

Fair warning - poison level usually very very high.....

many of us here are suffering from this acute immunity defficiency syndrome.. :sheep:

p/s - why the sheep? i just remembered an eddie murphy joke :biggrin:

mizhan;645701 said:
many of us here are suffering from this acute immunity defficiency syndrome.. :sheep:

p/s - why the sheep? i just remembered an eddie murphy joke :biggrin:

:24::24::24:

baby26;645898 said:
All sifu's thanks for your input, i think i will join the TT session this Friday.

ha ha ha all the best ...bring along ya cheque book too ..who knows you might get lucky towards obtaining an e38

there is one white super duper e38 for sale ....

Thanks but i'm new this this car so need to know a bit more. Hoping to learn more here.

Come for the 7s TT, and trust me, there's no turning back mate.

Who knows, the next morning you'd already be sourcing for an E38 right away! :biggrin:

baby26;646250 said:
Thanks but i'm new this this car so need to know a bit more. Hoping to learn more here.

Come & join the TT session this Friday. Computer keyboard is not enough to explain............

Top Bottom