Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
inner side of doors/hood/trunklid receive paint..

0177.jpg

0178.jpg

0179.jpg

chairoger;479864 said:
Well done dude! Excellent stuff. Now am also deeply contemplating whether to buy an E30 coupe for restoration. But I already have an E30 sedan and an E46 cabrio. How to get lulus from Home Minister? Oh please teach me wise one. :wink:

Very simple..sell the sedan and get a coupe and start all over again...hehehehe

I've said this before but couldn't help myself to say it again.
Awesome project for a legendary BMW model. Cant wait to see the final result. :top:

P/S: How bout the undercarriage & tyre compartment area? Any work done? ie anti rust.

initialM;479981 said:
I've said this before but couldn't help myself to say it again.
Awesome project for a legendary BMW model. Cant wait to see the final result. :top:

P/S: How bout the undercarriage & tyre compartment area? Any work done? ie anti rust.

final result..? i suppose you need to wait another 4 to 5 months. project will be complete when the body-stripes go on, windows tinted, and a kick-ass subwoofer in the trunk!

underseal will be applied at a different location than the paintshop, which does not have a hoist for that purpose.

G3 polishing..

this will take about a week before the finer G6 compound is applied.

0183.jpg

0184.jpg

0185.jpg

mizhan;480302 said:

the big brother watch silently from outside:top:
bro, mind if i ask, how much does the bodywork + paint cost?looks very good job there.

prime5;480460 said:
the big brother watch silently from outside:top:
bro, mind if i ask, how much does the bodywork + paint cost?looks very good job there.

yup.. looking forward to have the green big brother photographed alongside.

i'm sorry bro.. am not comfortable revealing costs on this open forum. although many familiar with me here know the size of hole on my wallet. tell you what - a decent paintjob that takes 3 weeks to complete costs 2.5k. my E30 was in the bodyshop for 2 months, and it'll be at this paintshop for 3 months before it gets towed to Mike's again for the underseal.

mizhan;480484 said:
yup.. looking forward to have the green big brother photographed alongside.

i'm sorry bro.. am not comfortable revealing costs on this open forum. although many familiar with me here know the size of hole on my wallet. tell you what - a decent paintjob that takes 3 weeks to complete costs 2.5k. my E30 was in the bodyshop for 2 months, and it'll be at this paintshop for 3 months before it gets towed to Mike's again for the underseal.

Hi

Mizhan, can advice where can do a proper underseal, and how many type are there. Kind of interested.

Thanks

Aero;480529 said:
Hi

Mizhan, can advice where can do a proper underseal, and how many type are there. Kind of interested.

Thanks

any brand will do, and almost any painter can do it.. preferably applied when car is on a hoist to reach all areas evenly.

doors, hood & trunklid assembled onto shell..

..and the rough compounding continues for about another 2 weeks before the finer polishing & waxing.

0193.jpg

0194.jpg

0195.jpg

0196.jpg

0197.jpg

Wah, got Jag coupe in the background???

Hehe. Your car is looking good bro! :top:

Any plans to get new rims?

thanks eggie.. yeah, the jag is one sexy thing, and i believe it's for sale. the rims for my car have been sandblasted, you can view them on one of the previous page of this thread. they'll be sprayed hyper silver.

Top Bottom