Once-In-A-Lifetime Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mizhan;477976 said:
no substantial progress with project thus far.. so here're couple of syok-sendiri pics.

0142.jpg

looks like the hobbit's door hut from LOTR..... mastar, mastar... what shall we do next ?

vish;477821 said:
hey bro mizhan, loving that chilli red :top: just wanted to ask you something, why paint the car first?isnt there a risk of scratching it when the next stages of work are being carried out?

Vish,

This is the proper way of a ground-up rebuild. This car was stripped to bare metal and everything (mechanicals, electricals, soundproofing, underseal, etc) was removed.

It is the owner's dream and vision to have a concourse-worthy build (i.e: no paint on wiring looms, rubber seals, etc.) and this is the proper and traditional approach to coach building. Besides, when undertaking a project of this magnitude, the mechanic appointed to reassemble has undergone a very stringent vetting process.....hehehehe:top:

Just think of this as a re-manufacturing exercise.....:listen:

kevster30;478195 said:
Vish,

This is the proper way of a ground-up rebuild. This car was stripped to bare metal and everything (mechanicals, electricals, soundproofing, underseal, etc) was removed.

It is the owner's dream and vision to have a concourse-worthy build (i.e: no paint on wiring looms, rubber seals, etc.) and this is the proper and traditional approach to coach building. Besides, when undertaking a project of this magnitude, the mechanic appointed to reassemble has undergone a very stringent vetting process.....hehehehe:top:

Just think of this as a re-manufacturing exercise.....:listen:

thank you :) thank you :) thank you :)

passenger compartment ready to receive paint

images show rear of passenger compartment sanded smooth, and panel gaps have been sealed with Sikaflex.

0144.jpg

0145.jpg

0146.jpg

0147.jpg

Wow! thats a nice resto! Very2 detailed. I can certainly vouch for them also as I have done a few of my cars there few years back. Good luck! :top:

Bro mizhan, i'm just managed and finished read up your thread with all the 26 pages.
I would like to say, you did an awesome, fabolous,... excellent works done.
Good job Bro... :top:

Keep us posting the progress ya... :wink:

azam, thanks for your kind words. memang jauh lagi perjalanan project ni, gerenti mencabar kesabaran & poket :)

yes, i intend to update setiap kali ada progress.

Awesome project, I'd love to do something like this sometime in the future.
You've also satisfied my curiosity with regards to what a car would look like with a newspaper paintjob :p

as the title of this thread goes, this project is once in a lifetime. all car enthusiasts i believe should go thru this once with a classic. the result at the end of the day is something you would never sell, but pass on to somebody worthy.

yeah, i prefer the newspaper job anytime compared to those new matt black stuff.

mizhan;478582 said:
as the title of this thread goes, this project is once in a lifetime. all car enthusiasts i believe should go thru this once with a classic. the result at the end of the day is something you would never sell, but pass on to somebody worthy.

yeah, i prefer the newspaper job anytime compared to those new matt black stuff.

Hi Mizhan, sounds like a Patek Philippe ad...::)

rayncc;478700 said:
Hi Mizhan, sounds like a Patek Philippe ad...::)

that's true! however at the end of the day, my car will still cost less than the cheapest Patek, whilst giving more fun :top:

Top Bottom