On line Malaysia Maps ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
actually don't have much online thing. did a search sometime back and found some have a few popular area but nothing much after that. I have used mapopolis for my pda before. quite ok for just road name but landmark is not update at all.
Best is to get hardcopy A~Z map for KL and Surrounding area. The cover about 60 KM around KL. Others area for other states would be advisable to get map from petrol station.

Oh...I see...thanks for the info.

Was thinking of getting the online then I can sort of plan for my coming trip.

The problem of getting a road map....sometime its problem that I dun even know where I am in the first place !! Ha ha ha ha ha....topo sotong !!

Originally posted by Ghostrider-SG@Apr 28 2005, 09:37 AM
Oh...I see...thanks for the info.

Was thinking of getting the online then I can sort of plan for my coming trip.

The problem of getting a road map....sometime its problem that I dun even know where I am in the first place !! Ha ha ha ha ha....topo sotong !!
which part of Malaysia do you want to visit. Places like Melaka, KL, PJ, Ipoh and Penang have tourist agent. You can get free map from their counter.

Around KL, you need the A~Z like singapore. Very useful to have but sometime not update to include new road or flyover. Even I sometime get lost in KL.

Singapore roadsign are much better when I was there for about 7 years. The Singapore A~Z is very useful. I still have an old copy.

jarance : in case u overlooked the other thread, our sporean pal ere wants to go hev a family trip to fraser's hill la.

btw, hev u integrated gps bluetooth wiv yer pda usin mapopolis software anot? then u wld know where u arr. :)

tot ive seen somewhere those roadmaps r updated fr time to time in a webbie b4 cant recall. otherwise, get some few frens settin up similar system (gps) n update among each other. i know few ppl done n still do, fun n useful. :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Originally posted by kahar@Apr 28 2005, 12:04 PM
jarance : in case u overlooked the other thread, our sporean pal ere wants to go hev a family trip to fraser's hill la.

btw, hev u integrated gps bluetooth wiv yer pda usin mapopolis software anot? then u wld know where u arr. :)

tot ive seen somewhere those roadmaps r updated fr time to time in a webbie b4 cant recall. otherwise, get some few frens settin up similar system (gps) n update among each other. i know few ppl done n still do, fun n useful. :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah
Bro....sorry to trouble you...

From NS H'way...is there anyway to get to Rawang via a bypass KL Town ?? (ie dun have to go thru Sungei Bersi and drive thru KL town to Rawang)

If there is...is it easy to find Rawang ??

I read from the net that there is a subang interchange that takes us to Rawang....I presume that this road will go around KL. Is this interchange before the turn off to KLIA/Sepang ??

Thanks a million for your help !!!

Originally posted by Ghostrider-SG@Apr 27 2005, 11:16 PM
.... No worries...if you are coming to SG, just pop by BMW.SG forum and drop us a note....we will take care of you !!
LIKEWISE, do drop us a note u need a favour, any of us incl me will tcare of u. ive offered to guide u fr sg besi up to NKVE on the day of yer trip (provided notice in advance b furnished) b4 rmber. :)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Originally posted by Ghostrider-SG@Apr 28 2005, 11:16 AM

BTW...you a fan of CSI : Las Vegas too ??? (quote from your siggy)
CSI fan yes. Vegas, Miami and NY... :D

By the way, the quote is actually from charley brown (linus) but I remember the quote also from a show during the roman/greek time.

BTW, not 7 years ago but 5 years ago. Was working there for 7 years.

Waiting for my CPF withdrawl very soon... :nyehehe: :nyehehe:

I had seen b4 at PLUS tool plaza you can ask Malaysia road map (especially the NS highway). Otherwise get it from their office at the toll plaza itself.

I used to take a MY road map from the airport that was provided by ministry of tourism.

And I think MPH book store did sell MY road map also.

Originally posted by Strider@Apr 28 2005, 04:30 PM
I had seen b4 at PLUS tool plaza you can ask Malaysia road map (especially the NS highway). Otherwise get it from their office at the toll plaza itself.

I used to take a MY road map from the airport that was provided by ministry of tourism.

And I think MPH book store did sell MY road map also.
Will make a trip to the high com in Singapore and see if they got maps or not. Thanks for the tip !!

I saw petrol station selling states maps too...maybe will get one to check it out.

If lost...my standard way of finding where I wanna go....flag down taxi and follow....ha ha ha ha....

On the NS Highway coming into KL, there is an exit which is marked as "Ipoh". That might lead you around KL to join the NS Highway going up north. Rawang is just one of the nearest town just north of KL.

Note - i havent tried it though cos i never needed to head north from the south bypassing KL altogether.

I think 3er's direction above is the best. Just combine it with Jarance's and you will never go wrong...hehehe...

As you drive north on NS Hwy, turn into Elite Hwy ( your marker would be KLIA ) after you past Nilai Exit. Drive alonf Elite Hwy until you see sign denoting Ipoh. Take this exit and you will be in NKVE Hwy. Drive all the way and when you notice Sg. Buloh Exit, you know you will be soon reaching a 'Y' split on this HWy where the left will take you north to Rawang, Ipoh or Penang while the right will take you into KL city via Jalan Duta. This way you bypass the KL city altogether.

On you way back from Fraser Hill and if you travell south from Rawang on NS Hwy, your marker should be KLIA. Just keep following the sign for KLIA and this will take you back through NKVE and ELITE and finally hitting NS Hwy.

Hope this help.

Originally posted by 3er@Apr 28 2005, 09:57 PM
On the NS Highway coming into KL, there is an exit which is marked as "Ipoh". That might lead you around KL to join the NS Highway going up north. Rawang is just one of the nearest town just north of KL.

Note - i havent tried it though cos i never needed to head north from the south bypassing KL altogether.
Thanks for the tip...will double confirm it if its right....if not I call you from Penang ok !! :D :D :D

Can I have your mobile number..... :yes!:

Thanks GeeTRM5 !! Will take note of the tips.

What you mean is turn off at the exit from NS H'way at KLIA rite ?

As u travel north bound on NS Hwy, you will see the Nilai Exit. Go further along ( 2-3KM or less ) u will see an exit to your left indicating KLIA, KL etc. This is the Elite Hwy I am talking about.

Originally posted by GeeTRM5@Apr 29 2005, 12:50 PM
As u travel north bound on NS Hwy, you will see the Nilai Exit. Go further along ( 2-3KM or less ) u will see an exit to your left indicating KLIA, KL etc. This is the Elite Hwy I am talking about.
Just a note of caution when you pass Nilai exit. Slow down because the exit into Elite Highway do "come up suddenly". You might find that it quite difficult to cut from the fast lane into the left lane when you see the signboard as the traffic there is quite heavy around that area.

BTW, I noticed that one of our forummer (kahar) have offered his help to guide you from Sg. besi to Rawang. Why don't you take up his offer? I think I can vouch for kahar that you will be in safe hand.

Do PM him if you still have not figured the best way to get the rawang.

Top Bottom