Map of Malaysia DVD for Navigation system

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
alxy;673518 said:
Nope, not compatible with our local Mal/Sing/Thai/Brunei DVD maps. You have to convert to local CCC first. Mine is also Jap-spec and I did the conversion long ago.

Anyway, I heard that for 2011, maps are not longer available in DVD format. You have to download it to your hard drive (i.e. for those with CIC). Means we'll get stuck with 2010 maps forever? :( Can anyone confirm?

Thats bad news...I guess nobody is paying RM2000 to get new maps for a 8-10 years old car huh?

Checking on RealOEM.com reveals that there is no 2011 navigation DVD for Malaysia, the last one being 2010 map:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DT62&mospid=47546&btnr=65_1333&hg=65&fg=50

However, there IS a CD navigation for 2011 for Malaysia

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DT62&mospid=47546&btnr=65_0493&hg=65&fg=50

CD Road Map Singapore/Malaysia/Thailand 2011 Part Number 65902181487

So just hoping somebody to buy this soon and share it/sell it cheap.

DVD navigation computer can read CD's as well, even if it doesn't the CD data can be copied to a DVD.

If Im not mistaken, BMW used to run Nevteq navi map for car before 2007 and then change it to Tele Atlas navi map from 2007 till now. Has anyone try to run Tele Atlas map on the Nevteq system before, any success or tip or is not compatible at all.

E60lci;673894 said:
If Im not mistaken, BMW used to run Nevteq navi map for car before 2007 and then change it to Tele Atlas navi map from 2007 till now. Has anyone try to run Tele Atlas map on the Nevteq system before, any success or tip or is not compatible at all.

I think the map source is from these guys, but the map is converted to the same BMW system. I dont think you can copy a TeleAtlas map and use in directly in our cars, it needs to be properly formatted first. I have a 2010 map in a 2003 car and it works just fine.

Thanks Haywire,

I have TeleAtlas map 2008-1(from BMW) running on my car (e60 2008), but apprently does not work with my frens car using UK map drive for Navteq. The menu is the same but can't read the map.

I have Navi DVD for e60.But only compatible for uk and local spec.For lci small screen need to do software update 1st.include map of Malaysia,Singapore and Brunei

Heard from BMW that the 2012 version is coming out in Feb2012. Anybody heard he same?

Anybody willing to spend RM2000 for a single CD? Maybe can split the cost by making copies and selling it.

haywire;503821 said:
Japan spec uses a completely different system which cannot be used in malaysia or anywhere else. If you want to use the in car gps you'll have to change the whole unit. thats what i understand.

is your radio working?

any way out for Japan Spec GPS??

shama;708523 said:
any way out for Japan Spec GPS??

No way that I know of, the only way is changing the whole navi computer.

The Japanese navi system is called NAJ (Navigation Japan) while the rest is NAV, its a completely different system.

Top Bottom