Official Announcement on Restrictions for Classifieds & Group Buy Section

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
XXX;755412 said:
I still think we should impose the idea that i brought up earlier, that after 500posts or whatever amount deemed fit and one still have not become an OM , you need to register again and use a new nick and all post count goes back to zero.

boss, you cant register a new nick with the same email address. The forum will automatic reject a new nick with the same email address. This is an inbuilt feature of the forum to counter spammer.

I also dont see the point of reducing the post count to zero after 500 postings. Whether a person have 10 postings or 10,000 postings, it the quality or the manner it was posted that matter. Posting for the sake of posting does not count much either. (not targeting at any person in particular)

As I have mentioned earlier, the classified is an avenue for all to buy/sell. Buyer and Seller are make known of the risk when dealing with each other.

The measure taken by the CM is deem as a "knee jerk action" in my opinion.

lamoo;755479 said:
For OM's who are unhappy with this announcement please call for an EGM to repeal this ruling or bring up at the next AGM.

For CG's who are unhappy with this announcement please turn blue so that you can call for an EGM or attend the AGM to repeal this ruling.

Finally I think the CM Has already make a decision so I think this thread should be closed cause the purpose is to announce the new ruling and not meant for further discussion.

This is my final posting in this thread for the day :top::sleep:

unker, for such a trivial thing, it there a need to call for EGM? Please lar, you think the CM got nothing better to do.

jarance;755524 said:
unker, for such a trivial thing, it there a need to call for EGM? Please lar, you think the CM got nothing better to do.

Registered club is like that lor. Official ma. non OM have something to express.. pay up lor. Otherwise, its pretty unfair for those who paid.

jarance;755524 said:

Uncle Jarance calling for an EGM is a privilege for the members to decide and not whether i think the CM got nothing better to do or not. Why so stiff neck on this lah hehe

Was about to sleep then my eyes started to twitch so now need to post so that I can sleep soundly

It never seems to amaze me how a few "issues" on the forum lately has always ended down the path of membership / fee and then tried to be settled by the notion - if you don't like it, be a member and we'll hear you. And it is always a few that ignites these,stand back and the whole conversation turns sour. This thread is a classic example. You have something that has been decided to help with the cheating / con. Some might like it, some might not but somehow instead of debating it like mature adult, it always leads to the questions of membership and fees. Is this club all about that?

Many CG has left the forum in disgust... for the lack of some wanting to understand why some people don't want / haven't decided to join and the easy option of a few categorizing CGs as free loaders, cheapskates, can drive X hundred thousand dollar car but can't even pay $300 etc. Why not ease up on these comments, put your sarcasm aside and respect ppl's decision not to be official and if you feel so passionate of the club, endeavor to 'convert' those in.

How many contributing CGs have you lost to this method compared to actually turning them "blue"? What happens when you successfully drive out all the good, contributing, principled CGs.... what kind of CGs will you end up having left? The total opposite... not good, not contributing, non-principled kind who have other reasons to stick around.

I think many OMs would attest that there are many CGs that are also contributing a lot to the forum and club. They don't want nor need the bragging rights.

If all the issues in the forum/club is solved by crying "Membership, membership!!", then I suggest you call a EGM/AGM for a vote (since you can) and ask for the forum and club to be strictly for paying members. You have this right. Please exercise it and then let me know the result. Thanks and best regards!

wuzzles;755535 said:
Many CG has left the forum in disgust... for the lack of some wanting to understand why some people don't want / haven't decided to join and the easy option of a few categorizing CGs as free loaders, cheapskates, can drive X hundred thousand dollar car but can't even pay $300 etc. Why not ease up on these comments, put your sarcasm aside and respect ppl's decision not to be official and if you feel so passionate of the club, endeavor to 'convert' those in.

yes bro, i really hate to read the "can buy bla bla, cant even pay 300...." line.
so uncalled for ... i tak makan chilli pun rasa pedas : )

Wow...just wow....

The dumbest decision has just been made. Good job destroying the forums.

What happened between the seller and the buyer should have not been made the club's concern. Forums like Lowyat.Net is filled with conmens but do you see them shutting their classified sections to the normal every day people? No, they deal with it by creating awareness.

I keep hearing this "can drive x hundred thousand dollar car but can't even pay RM300" thing but what about those of you who drive the same cars who pay the RM300/RM150 a year, yet complain about other's freeloading on the forum. What does that make you then? Think about it.

Forcing others to believe in what you believe in is just not right. I believe in supporting the brand/forum, hence I willingly depart with the RM150 a year. If my RM150 helps create a place where healthy discussion and sharing of ideas can be made then I believe my RM150 is well spent.

Just my 2 cent anyways. Good luck guys.

lol....seems the decision is driving a wedge more deeply into the club. i for one dont support the move, but ultimately the CMs pulled up their underwear, made the collective decision in their wisdom, and i respect it. like lamoo said, if u're not happy, then discuss in the next AGM.

although it might be too late by then. the CGs are the one affected with no voice, and if they didn't have a reason to sign up, i doubt they will now with impression given and words mentioned. I doubt any of them is making a living on the classifieds, so the rm300 joining fee to sell something here is naught.

what i'm wondering is if they all decide to stop posting, then what do we have left? out of the 300++ OMs, how many post actively? if the forum dies in activity, what's the pulling power for a new OM to join? dont tell me that for the love of the badge they will join. lol. they would rather form their own splinter group and spend the RM300 on tea tarik everytime they TT outside.

i'm just saying CGs are also part of the club, dont discount that. not so much on the classfied restriction, but the general sentiment floating around.

jarance;755520 said:
boss, you cant register a new nick with the same email address. The forum will automatic reject a new nick with the same email address. This is an inbuilt feature of the forum to counter spammer.

I also dont see the point of reducing the post count to zero after 500 postings. Whether a person have 10 postings or 10,000 postings, it the quality or the manner it was posted that matter. Posting for the sake of posting does not count much either. (not targeting at any person in particular)

As I have mentioned earlier, the classified is an avenue for all to buy/sell. Buyer and Seller are make known of the risk when dealing with each other.

The measure taken by the CM is deem as a "knee jerk action" in my opinion.

U still don't get the idea of this idea do you...it's about creating a hassle so that one will think abt becoming a member , so if u have to create another email so be it..that's the whole idea..it's like a prepaid number, if u don't reload after a certain time u can say bye bye to the number but if u still keen to keep the number bcos u like the number then u pay to keep it...otherwise later u have to go get a new prepaid card & number and tell everybody that u have changed ur number. As for resetting post count to zero after 500 post it will make u lose ur credibility when others see u as though u r a newbie...but anyway this are just ideas to encourage m'ship rather than close forum access...and get no members.

xxx;755560 said:
u still don't get the idea of this idea do you...it's about creating a hassle so that one will think abt becoming a member , so if u have to create another email so be it..that's the whole idea..

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join to become OM
RM150 per year, you get

RM50 renewal BMW Club T-shirt
RMXX Dinner
RMYY AGM
-------------------------------
Balance may be negative...

its worth it to join as OM , that is no doubt, but we should never ever use tone that dis respect, its up to a person free will to either join or not join as OM, OM and CM can do membership drive that entice more CG become OM. not by can buy xxxk car but cannot join as OM this is uncall for period. the club objective if not mistaken is to promote BMW , the car , the brand and enthusiastic user. OM membership is an conversation rate from CG to OM at the moment its 300/2k active which is at around 15% conversion so the more CG the more OM will be. as some will be cg for some time then volunteer become OM.

based on such rational , we the road user must give way to those high CC car since they pay more road tax than us and we should not give way to proton / perodua since their cc is lower and road tax is lower ? perhaps a vip lane for those who pay more than 5k road tax. those who register their car under company are paid double should they be given better parking spot ?

if we keep on bickering the RM 150 / 300 . soon the club will become a BHD and perhaps aim for IPO like Man UTD club IPO if financial objective is in the mind.

Yes I do agree that using can drive BMW cannot afford Rm300 is not the right thing to say but I think some here are just frustrated at the excuses some give in order not to join the club but nevertheless 2 wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day this is a club and how does a club survive? Through membership, right? If its just all guest then I dont think it can be called a club. Anyway the problem here is everybody is taking things personally when ask to be a member ...a lot would say it doesn't benefit me or why need to pay to use forum...of course there is no benefit yet when there is only 150 members in a club where there are 26000 guest...but just imagine if only 10% of 26000 actually pay to be a member..as I posted earlier with that kind of money ...we can have a clubhse, we can rent sepang and have track days for free , drives with petrol subsidised or even paid for, stay at hotels subsidised or even paid for, annual dinner without having to pay and all kind of benefits like affiliation with restaurants, hotels but the club needs the numbers in order to be benificial to all in the first place, as such one must come to its senses and think that all this is possible if only one look at it that way rather than, Wah! Need to pay RM300 to use a forum...so u see it does get very frustrated for some here who have this vision but is shot down by guests who only think why pay to use a forum...bcos its about the club and not the forum...and when there is no club there is no forum. Anyway I think I have said enough its up to all to ponder on how you all one to contribute to this club rather than contribute to the forum which will eventually cease to exist bcos nobody contributed to the club.

XXX;755573 said:
Yes I do agree that using can drive BMW cannot afford Rm300 is not the right thing to say but I think some here are just frustrated at the excuses some give in order not to join the club but nevertheless 2 wrongs don't make a right.

At the end of the day this is a club and how does a club survive? Through membership, right? If its just all guest then I dont think it can be called a club. Anyway the problem here is everybody is taking things personally when ask to be a member ...a lot would say it doesn't benefit me or why need to pay to use forum...of course there is no benefit yet when there is only 150 members in a club where there are 26000 guest...but just imagine if only 10% of 26000 actually pay to be a member..as I posted earlier with that kind of money ...we can have a clubhse, we can rent sepang and have track days for free , drives with petrol subsidised or even paid for, stay at hotels subsidised or even paid for, annual dinner without having to pay and all kind of benefits like affiliation with restaurants, hotels but the club needs the numbers in order to be benificial to all in the first place, as such one must come to its senses and think that all this is possible if only one look at it that way rather than, Wah! Need to pay RM300 to use a forum...so u see it does get very frustrated for some here who have this vision but is shot down by guests who only think why pay to use a forum...bcos its about the club and not the forum...and when there is no club there is no forum. Anyway I think I have said enough its up to all to ponder on how you all one to contribute to this club rather than contribute to the forum which will eventually cease to exist bcos nobody contributed to the club.

If can afford to drive BMW then can afford to spend in Sepang for track day la ... can afford the fuel bill and I am sure can afford hotel stay too mah. ;o)

tIANcI;755575 said:
If can afford to drive BMW then can afford to spend in Sepang for track day la ... can afford the fuel bill and I am sure can afford hotel stay too mah. ;o)

everyone want discount , you do not want discounted track day ? or marina bay singapore at SGD 300 all in instead of SGD480 or walk in rate of SGD 800 ?

dark1234;755577 said:
everyone want discount , you do not want discounted track day ? or marina bay singapore at SGD 300 all in instead of SGD480 or walk in rate of SGD 800 ?

Frankly ... nope I am not always into discount. Especially, for things I do once in a while. Not being sarcastic but that is just me. Hence, me off to Sepang for some track day time this month. I am not very rich or filthy rich but I try to see it as enjoyment, something I want to enjoy like a treat. Anyways, the statement was a joke la! Everyone so tense over the free forum issue.

tIANcI;755575 said:

Here Am I rationalising why club need members and u come out with something like this...I rest my case.

XXX;755580 said:
Here Am I rationalising why club need members and u come out with something like this...I rest my case.

XXX ... its late, all so tense, some humour la, come on ... buy you a teh tarik. :0)

tIANcI;755581 said:
XXX ... its late, all so tense, some humour la, come on ... buy you a teh tarik. :0)

If that's what it is then ur on...

Status
Not open for further replies.