New Petrol Subsidy Structure Coming Soon

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

solo

Club Guest
UPDATED REPORT:There will be two price structures for petrol from May 1 -- one for Malaysians and another for foreigners -- Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said on Thursday.For Malaysians, the price of petrol will also be based on engine capacity, which means that not all would be entitled to subsidised fuel, he added.Different petrol prices would be introduced for different groups of Malaysians, Ismail told a press conference here on Thursday after launching the new corporate identity of the F&N Soft Drinks Division.Amongst the things that would be considered are the engine capacity of vehicles and socio-economic factors, he said.He said that the subsidy for petrol would be retained but only targeted groups would receive the subsidy.“The categories will then be divided into sub-categories such as the engine capacity of the vehicles used and other factors such as socio-economy,” he said.“For RON95 petrol, the Goverment’s subsidy is 30sen per litre now. The current price of RON95 petrol is RM1.80 compared to the actual price, which is RM2.10.“So, Malaysians who are not eligible for the subsidy and also non-citizens will have to pay RM2.10 or more,” he added.Besides introducing the new structure, the ministry also plans to make the usage of My-Kad compulsory when buying petrol to identify one’s nationality.“We have Thai nationals who drive into Malaysia to fill up their tank as they don’t receive any subsidy, which makes petrol such an expensive commodity there,” he said.Further information on the new structure would be announced on May 1, 2010.Umno deputy youth chief Khairy Jamaluddin, who first broached the subject in 2007 when debating the economic resolution before the last general election, had said that the subsidy must reach only the people who most needed it.The current method was tantamount to a misallocation of funds, he had said.Meanwhile, the subsidies on flour, sugar and gas would be retained, announced Ismail.“Although the price for sugar has increased by 20sen, the Government is still footing the 80sen subsidy on sugar,” he said.Ismail later conducted spot checks on several stores and eateries in the area to check on whether they had increased the price of food items after the increase in sugar price.He said that the 20sen increase in sugar price should not be taken advantage of by food outlet operators.“Food outlet operators should not regard this as an opportunity to increase the prices of food items,” he said.PREVIOUS REPORT:There will be two price strucutures for petrol from May 1 - one for Malaysians and another for foreigners - Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said on Thursday.For Malaysians, the price of petrol will also be based on engine capacity, which means that not all would be entitled to subsidised fuel, he added.“Not all Malaysians will get the fuel subsidy, which should by right be given to those earning less,” he said.Ismail said those eligible for the fuel subsidy would be able to buy fuel based on the current prices while those who are not eligible for it, will have to pay the market price.“For RON95 petrol, the Goverment’s subsidy is 30sen per litre now. The current price of RON95 petrol is RM1.80 compared to the actual price, which is RM2.10.“So, Malaysians who are not eligible for the subsidy and also non-citizens will have to pay RM2.10 or more,” he added.Ismail said further details on the new fuel price mechanism would be announced on May 1.

solo;483130 said:
For Malaysians, the price of petrol will also be based on engine capacity, which means that not all would be entitled to subsidised fuel, he added.

“Not all Malaysians will get the fuel subsidy, which should by right be given to those earning less,” he said.

Ismail said those eligible for the fuel subsidy would be able to buy fuel based on the current prices while those who are not eligible for it, will have to pay the market price.

can somebody explain why i am being penalized here..? am i not a malaysian? is my vote is less important than those who supposedly make less than me?

think i'll buy a kancil for purpose of refuelling. then siphon into my 530i. stewpid...

mizhan;483137 said:
can somebody explain why i am being penalized here..? am i not a malaysian? is my vote is less important than those who supposedly make less than me?

think i'll buy a kancil for purpose of refuelling. then siphon into my 530i. stewpid...

What to do bro, sometime like this lah:46::102:.................................old junk with big CC how?

work hard, earn more, pay more tax and get nothing
work less, earn less, pay less tax and get something
don't work, no earn, no tax still get something
this is the spirit. can laze around la.....we lack productivity, lack efficiency....why?

In fact, it should be the other way round, work hard, earn more, pay more tax but enjoy loads more - this will encourage everyone to work hard and earn! then only this will encourage ppl to work hard and earn...but seems opposite..

btw, toll rates could hike soon too!

“The economy seems to be caught in a middle-income trap – unable to remain competitive as a high-volume, low-cost producer, yet unable to move up the value chain and achieve rapid growth by breaking into fast growing markets for knowledge- and innovation-based products and services”.

What the World Bank said in its report is totally correct. i Capital has been harping on the lack of productivity, efficiency and competitiveness (PEC) in Malaysia as far back as in 1995.

mizhan;483137 said:

the news that i got is that, if you have two cars under your name, then, the higher cc car will be used as your default for subsidy purpose. All this info will be stored in our MyKad...

i dont think it's only the car's CC but also IC. so, possibly high income earner driving kancil or ride honda cub also no subsidy. if you hv 2 cars or more, it will only apply to 1 car, so, eg. 1 kancil and 1 530, how subsidy works, dunno also.
nett of it all, we're all on the losing side.

It seems 1.6 and above is considered luxury.. :( 518 is not spared.. :p :D

It will be more fair if the allocation is for a fixed quantity or volume and same for all rakyat, rather than just look at CC.

Wonder how much fuel my 80 years old mother's IC can pump... Ops... no car registered under her name.. about time to get her a BMW.. :p

time to hope that BMW comes out with more lower cc twin-turbo engines...less cc, more subsidy =)

somehow the govelmenttt can always think of some stupid things to make difficulty for the rakyat....

king82;483150 said:
time to hope that BMW comes out with more lower cc twin-turbo engines...less cc, more subsidy =)

I think my next car may be 320d better lah.

Vroom325;483158 said:
I think my next car may be 320d better lah.

Stupid... Pump petrol must show IC... Already an non-productive society, now even more non-productive. Pump petrol show IC card, then as usual our government like to 'system down" then how to fill in petrol? Smart government. I sometime also amazed that our government also has a lot of genius & creative person inside, what a waste.

Speechless, why not buy sugar, flour, rice also show IC? Everything use IC lah, make sure those who work hard & get higher income all kena kau kau. Come on, work something which can help the country to increase their income & this should be done 10yrs ago! It takes time to do that. Now only say by 2020 bla bla bla... We'll see lah.:thefinger:

Take away the gasoline subsidy, everyone pay the same, low income, take public transport. That's provided our government has the capability to establish our public transport network, which also they have been saying that for the past decade but nothing happen.

king82;483144 said:
the news that i got is that, if you have two cars under your name, then, the higher cc car will be used as your default for subsidy purpose. All this info will be stored in our MyKad...

this is ridiculous. it has politics written all over it instead of national welfare. wait till they realize that more and more 'low income' citizens prefer to vote for opposition. then what? only people with big cars get fuel subsidy???

mizhan;483161 said:
this is ridiculous. it has politics written all over it instead of national welfare. wait till they realize that more and more 'low income' citizens prefer to vote for opposition. then what? only people with big cars get fuel subsidy???

I say, let's get them out of the business next election! Or at least slice off more authority for them! Let the opposition come up! We definitely need 2 party system here. Only competition bring good things.

selvahraje46;483153 said:
somehow the govelmenttt can always think of some stupid things to make difficulty for the rakyat....

they will realise the stupidity only after implementation.. about 2 weeks after.

20 liters ruling for foreign cars ...

I tried to buy only 20 liters last week at Gelang Patah . The attendant said - tak mau penuh ka .. Can meh ? His answer was - can ... they never check one ...

Warm-warm-chicken-shit ?

Not enuff wt high road tax now fuel subsidy penalized pulak.
How much the mkt price for Ron97 without subsidy?

Tok, tok, tok, no use lah. Just vote-vote-vote. We deserve the gomen we voted for, so all this is OUR OWN FAULT ! Until we can all WAKE UP from our slumber can we benefit ALL. For now, blame no one else please.:motz:

initialM;483192 said:
Not enuff wt high road tax now fuel subsidy penalized pulak.
How much the mkt price for Ron97 without subsidy?

ron95 is RM2.10...ron97 between RM2.50 to RM2.70???

Top Bottom