New Paintwork

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

din888

Club Guest
Guys - need some guidance. Where is the BEST place to get a new coat of paint? I am a perfectionist and don't mind to pay a premium for a perfect job (of couse not cut throat lah...). Additonally, should I go direct to a paint shop or will it be wiser to go through Auto Bavaria, who will presumably be more responsive to subsequent complaints of imperfection compared to the paint shop owner.

I got my car painted by soo seng in batu caves. 2.5k just for outside. he is cartrade contractor. you can try ab but it would cost a lot more. of course if you pay more you get better service.

hmm just wondering lah...if paint different colour, ie from black to silver, then they have to paint some internal things lah right, eg inside the door...inside the engine bay...

how much would that be?

yes they will paint everything if you change color. last time i was quoted rm3.5k++ and that was a yr ago

tamade7;207261 said:
2.5k outside only with glasurit paint

That sounds like a good price.

I got some quotes recently as high as 4-5k. Glasurit prices went up a lot recently.

my car is painted by soo seng 5 years ago. :), back then already 2K for outer layer. So, now it's 2.5K, it's pretty reasonable I would say.

I m using Glasurit ..

Question : Why does it get scratches easily - as compared to factory paint ... :(

Me facing same dilemma......to change color or not.

My concern abt changing color is that the paint guys would hv to remove some parts. Anyone know exactly what they need to do.

I am worried that they mess my car up and dont put it back properly.

Even if external spraying also some parts will have to be removed (lights, grills etc). You have to go thru with a fine toothcomb to make sure everything is as it should be after the job. Two weeks ago I sprayed my E34 (external only, same color). Now when I lock/unlock from the drivers door, the entire lock mechanism comes out with the key. Damn, the thing is now with some locksmith who has to put back all the bits and pieces (literally).

Hi.. Sorry.. I noticed that this is an old thread, however I am hoping that maybe some sifu here could help me with this GLASURIT thing. I have been wandering about this glasurit. What is it mean? Why it is being preferred for the BMW owner and forummer here for painting work. Hopefully some sifu here give some brief explanation yet understandable or maybe could lead me to the website where I could understand better what is glasurit. Some pro and con would be much appreciated from the forummers. Thanks ya all..

535i;207433 said:
I m using Glasurit ..

Question : Why does it get scratches easily - as compared to factory paint ... :(

Hmm ... not sure the model before but E46 (and other model in it's generation and after) is using ceramic clear coat hence it's more durable and tougher ...

From The President's Announcement,

noname.jpg

The 11th Charity Jam Session would be held back at RP , Saujana Resort (formerly known as Hyatt Regency Saujana) again this year which would be held on the 3rd of July, 2010 (Saturday). The event will be spearheaded by Malaysian Association of Hotels, Chefs Association of Malaysia, Malaysian Food & Beverage Executives Association and Malaysian Association of Housekeepers with The Saujana Hotel being the venue/co-organiser with participation of BMW Club Malaysia.

Activities for the day would include, performance by 17 bands from around Malaysia, car (BMW :rock:) display outside RP, biker's display etc. This occasion will further be promoted by the media with coverage in major newspaper's and magazines.

Proceeds to : Paediatric Intensive Care Unit (UMMC, KL), a dedicated care unit for the critically ill children from newborn to fourteen years of age. All proceeds will be used to purchase life saving equipment and subsidize the cost to care for these children.

Prior to this, affiliation was done with other clubs such as Porsche Club Malaysia , Harley Davidson etc . This year and with your help , maybe years to come we are proud to be associated with this noble event.

Day/Date : Saturday 3rd July 2010
Time : 2.00pm – 1.00am
Venue : RP Entertainment Centre (Tel : 03-78461234)
Saujana Resort,
Off Jalan Lapangan Terbang Subang.
Bands Performing :
Fats & Vernon
Zack & Lyia
Ghost Riders
Extreme
Union
Bala
Joe "Elvis" Rozario
President's Men
Sensations
Shahrin Band
Chemistry
Carbolic Smokeballs
Trinity
SWV
Pieces of April
SmallStones
d'Stags

The event will be filled with fun, food, music and booths selling merchandises...

All food and beverages (including Carlsberg Draft/Skol Beer/Fruit Juices) are priced at RM10.00 and are sold via coupons available through the Organisers & official partner BMW Club Malaysia and also at The Saujana Kuala Lumpur. Priced at RM100.00 per book of 10 coupons. Additional single coupons of RM10 can be purchased during the event.

There will be lucky draws using the coupons during the event. Attractive prizes such as handphones etc will be given away. Fun Auctions will also be held throughout the day.

We are proud to be the official partner for this noble event. As such , lets make us proud by helping the needy children as MUCH as we can. Lets strive to be the record breaker for the donation. They might not be our children but they could have been. So, lets give and give generously. Don't stop at individual donations. If u know of corporations willing to donate, please do make the effort. Donations will be in the form of coupons booklet. Each booklet contains ten coupons of RM10 which makes it RM100 per booklet/donation. Donations be it small or big are very much welcomed.

The coupons are to be used to purchase food & drinks as well as enter lucky draws throughout the day , if u attend the charity jam. U can also choose to just purchase the coupons purely as donations.

The donations (coupon purchase ) can be used for income tax deductions. As such, to those needing the receipts, please advise us of your details and we will arrange with the main organizers for the official receipts. It was requested that donations of RM200 and above request for the receipts due to the organizers logistical reasons. However if u do need receipts for Rm100 coupon purchase , I will forward the requests.

So come..come all to have fun while donating to a noble cause.

recently i check out a shop around summit usj, quoted me RM2.5k from dark blue to white.

Deli;537727 said:
Hi.. Sorry.. I noticed that this is an old thread, however I am hoping that maybe some sifu here could help me with this GLASURIT thing. I have been wandering about this glasurit. What is it mean? Why it is being preferred for the BMW owner and forummer here for painting work. Hopefully some sifu here give some brief explanation yet understandable or maybe could lead me to the website where I could understand better what is glasurit. Some pro and con would be much appreciated from the forummers. Thanks ya all..

Hi Deli,

FYI GLASURITt is the brand of paint that are sprayed onto the car.For every respray, there are the undercoat, 2K base coat and then 2K clear coat. GLASURIT products are originally from Germany, that explain why BMW uses it on their cars .
Today most paint shops import the base inkfrom these manufacturers and mix to the color that you want with the metallic compound, be it Glasurit, Dupont, BASF etc. Of course there is a ratio for every shade of color.
Also someone mentioned why the resprayed paint is more prone to stratches compare to original paint. The reason is that new car paint is oven baked to a higher temperature after the painting in the factory. This is not possible for respray, can you imagine the car subject to the high temperature after the respray with all the rubber parts and interior parts attached to the car.That is the reason why if you can keep the original paint in its best condition, it will last a long time.
There is also 2 kind of 2K paint, 2K means mixture of 2 component, paint and hardener. The ones used by factory are mostly slow drying, therefore the need for high heat oven to dry the paint quickly.This also contribute to the extra hardness.
For refurbishment and respray, depending on the expertise of the resprayer, there is the alternative of faster drying 2K, which is cheaperand generally not as durable. BTW most spray booth that are used are generally to prevent dust from setting onto the car after the respray, there are not oven.

Sorry if I offened anybody, but just to share with fellow forumers.

paint scratches and dinks

hey guys. what to do if i have small dinks and surface scratch on the car paint. 2 areas affected. edge of door and bumper. i am a bit worried if the metal parts are not sprayed sooner, rust will form in no time. please advise.

tamade7;207246 said:
I got my car painted by soo seng in batu caves. 2.5k just for outside. he is cartrade contractor. you can try ab but it would cost a lot more. of course if you pay more you get better service.

hi tamade7, what is the full adress of soo seng?

thanks..

Top Bottom