Should I use coating for new car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
....these coatings are not meant to protect the paint from scratches or tiny stones. That's a job for clear bra + intelligent driving....hehehe....

KrisMas;732618 said:
....these coatings are not meant to protect the paint from scratches or tiny stones. That's a job for clear bra + intelligent driving....hehehe....

Clear bra soon available in DU. Whole front, side fenders, almost whole bonnet. May be about 3k ... Ouch! Can reprint front end about 3 times.

tIANcI;732659 said:
Clear bra soon available in DU. Whole front, side fenders, almost whole bonnet. May be about 3k ... Ouch! Can reprint front end about 3 times.

yupp

and that is only one part...how about yr head lamp preventing from oxidation, windows- driving in rain & visibility, Plastic parts from decaying,

BTW getting yr car repainted is not the best option ....as your original paint is baked at 150 degrees & having a rock finish

at the end of the day...coating is just one part.... the other part is your routine maintenance ....where do u send to wash, how is it wash (while engine still running, seated aircondition view the soapy view - power jet on yr paint (considering the amount of pressure on yr paint- imagine this, the house renovators uses this to flushed off - the old coat of out door paint) the soap use? clear coat? environmental safe? chemical? The newer bimmer i work on last few day, i discovered the paint is so soft & easily marred just by using good morning towels/worn off cloths... at the end of day...i only stress...ONWERSHIP...let takes up the ownership...

for it takes both hands to clap...

kc ... I still was the car myself, a couple of times a week. Soon need to find a slot to coat the car.

kc's;735524 said:
wow that is insanely in loved with yr bimmer

mine once a week will do ....

Not in love la ... car costs a lot, once registered already depreciate like mad so must take care la. I do the same for my 'cheap' cars too. Anyways, its a bit of exercise la.

tIANcI;735531 said:
Not in love la ... car costs a lot, once registered already depreciate like mad so must take care la. I do the same for my 'cheap' cars too. Anyways, its a bit of exercise la.

mar%25202012%2520%252814%2529.JPG

cant be cheaper than this

but a true owner with love her - one and only 2 face on this earth - which still has a side of restored glossy paint & another side 22 years of neglected paint

Hi KC. Just saw that photo. What has happened to the car ? Is it a sort of corrosion or has the paint faded away ? And regarding this thing if it is asked that should a person use coating for this car then what will you say ? I think the person should agree.

banadictaustin;759083 said:
Hi KC. Just saw that photo. What has happened to the car ? Is it a sort of corrosion or has the paint faded away ? And regarding this thing if it is asked that should a person use coating for this car then what will you say ? I think the person should agree.

this pic taken 3 years ago

IMG_0379.JPG

21 years of oxidation & paint corrosion
I always do something others wouldnt (impossible ) task if I fail no one can blame me.......and make it to a big attention thread in USA

so I decided to ask our fellow Malaysia Trainer about this and all he says "dont waste time & get yourself repainted"

and i send him to whole link plus pics

IMG_0611.JPG

thats to show many does for doing , as work requires them but wouldnt take the extra mile ...or be interested
P1060241.JPG

soon after I realized that they are very few and far too few malaysian actually teaches & share their detailing experience practically - there come our thread
P1060688.JPG

restore before and after
opticoated
paint.jpg

still stood still after 3 years

P1070394.JPG

pls check out the whole post herehttp://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/26789-ultimate-paint-protection-challenge-complete-paint-study-kc-s.html

Top Bottom