New Owner of BMW E60 year 2007 Auto Bavaria Malaysia specs M Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Yelnats81

Club Guest
Hi,I am Stanley from Klang, gonna take my car in another 3 days after servicing and so. As a new beemer owner, there will be some question marks in my head, i shall make it simple here.1. I heard peoples saying that malaysia spec is not as good as foreign spec in term of car condition which need to do maintenace more than foreign, is this true? Dont tell me the way u drive, the route u drive etc, just normal driving maybe 50km per day.2. Any good workshop for maintenace around klang area or PJ or Subang area? I like cheap and friendly type.3. This is a late 2007 version comes with LCI gear and facelifted, any common problem with this batch?That's all. Ty in advance for u guys response.:top:

Yelnats81;689199 said:
Hi,

I am Stanley from Klang, gonna take my car in another 3 days after servicing and so. As a new beemer owner, there will be some question marks in my head, i shall make it simple here.

1. I heard peoples saying that malaysia spec is not as good as foreign spec in term of car condition which need to do maintenace more than foreign, is this true? Dont tell me the way u drive, the route u drive etc, just normal driving maybe 50km per day.

2. Any good workshop for maintenace around klang area or PJ or Subang area? I like cheap and friendly type.

3. This is a late 2007 version comes with LCI gear and facelifted, any common problem with this batch?

That's all. Ty in advance for u guys response.:top:

Bro,
Let me try to answer some of your enquiries,

1. Not true as the CKD version are as good as CBU's. In fact, in my opinion CKD version could be more suitable with the local conditions.

2. There are many friendly and skillful mechanics in the Klang Valley.
Click here for more info
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?36884-E60-parts-amp-maintenance
Cheap??? Not sure but many of them charges reasonable price.

3. Never owned this model so unable to comment but I believe the last model is always the best as it would have gone through all the improvements and fine-tuning.

Good luck

1) there are bound to be lemons in each and every batch of cars.. All depend on your luck! I've owned e60 for more than 3 years now (Japan spec M-Sport 525i year 2005) and so far I've encountered no major headache (touch wood)

2) own an E60 and wanna look for cheap workshop? Friendly got la.. After all every workshop wanna do your business :4: but be prepared to pay premiums to service your ride ok? Look for thread on where to service ur BMW but mine is serviced at M1 Motor Works in kg. Kayu sg ara

3) refer to 1

All the best

Hi Stanley, welcome and nice to meet you :) Here is my humble answer to your questions:

1. Actually it is not true that imported specs is always better. Literally both types would work just as well except that some imported ones are running on N53 engines which might give problems in the long run (like mine). Local models are running on N52 which is optimized for our conditions and fuel. Apart from that it also depends on what are the types of optional "gadgets" you have in your car. Some has HUD, Night Vision, Adaptive head lights, Logic 7 sound, etc where some does not. Sometimes having more of these gadget means you have more things to maintain because they might eventually fail :p On the other hand, it is also a good thing because you get to enjoy the innovative features invented by BMW. Good/bad depends on how you look at it.

2. Refer to what bro Jerman gave you, that's a good list to start off :)

3. No common problems but as usual, there are always recall campaigns, service bulletins, etc from BMW. The car comes with sensors all over the place and these things can really cause you a lot of head ache when they fail. Since yours is from Auto Bavaria, you don't have to worry because it is covered by their warranty.

Thanks for all the info given bros. Hehe own E60 doesnt means cannot look for cheap or maybe i should say reasonable price mechanic. Hope my E60 will be fine. TY again !!!

Yelnats81;689583 said:
Thanks for all the info given bros. Hehe own E60 doesnt means cannot look for cheap or maybe i should say reasonable price mechanic. Hope my E60 will be fine. TY again !!!

It's not to say that you can't look for cheap ones but the labour charges for your E60 is somewhat the same as the Honda. The only difference in price is due to the parts which can cost a bit more, engine oil which is 7 litre instead of 4 litre, etc.

Hello

Hi! Bro Jerman,
I'm proud & glad to be one of here! I'm from Penang.
Just get my 525i M-Sport ( year 2008 ), any good workshop recommend in Penang?

Jerman;689526 said:
Bro,
Let me try to answer some of your enquiries,

1. Not true as the CKD version are as good as CBU's. In fact, in my opinion CKD version could be more suitable with the local conditions.

2. There are many friendly and skillful mechanics in the Klang Valley.
Click here for more info
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?36884-E60-parts-amp-maintenance
Cheap??? Not sure but many of them charges reasonable price.

3. Never owned this model so unable to comment but I believe the last model is always the best as it would have gone through all the improvements and fine-tuning.

Good luck

harry.oh;691142 said:
Hi! Bro Jerman,
I'm proud & glad to be one of here! I'm from Penang.
Just get my 525i M-Sport ( year 2008 ), any good workshop recommend in Penang?

Try Chu Seng Auto, 04-2813268

Top Bottom