New 2005 525 (R6) at RM410K only!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I have to say, the one that chaperoned me on the Sport Edition 325i test was pretty darn attractive. Met a couple from a KL AB branch on a social basis recently and sadly can't say the same about them!

Well, lets see what the official response will be. Perhaps this would help put the "club" on a higher standing in their eyes. I'm behind you on this, and yes, its a superb car either way!

mayb Daredevil or somebody from da club can contravene and help our fren in need here?

a single voice may not be effective, but the collective voices of our club can definitely make things happen!

anyway just my 2 cents...

Me too with my Jan 2005 E60 520i.When I actually want to get the newer version but was told that after CNY all E60 will increase at least 30k and the newer engine will increase more.So upset,now old model liao.

I sent out the complain email to Wolfgang and Dato Badlishah this morning and will wait for their reaction. Thanks for all your help, esp JPB and everyone's encouragement.

Cheers!
John Chen

Originally posted by johnchen@Jun 16 2005, 03:59 PM
I sent out the complain email to Wolfgang and Dato Badlishah this morning and will wait for their reaction. Thanks for all your help, esp JPB and everyone's encouragement.

Cheers!
John Chen
Bro can I have the email too.
The sales person keep on telling me the car will cost 30% more. But at the end it only cost 12k more.

But at the end the new model much more value for money because of its new features.

May be we can group up and ask for some compensation. Guys let pull together

post the email address of our friends here. So, it will come in handy some day.

Oh Johnchen Johnchen

How could u believe that the sale girl mentioned that the price is 30% higher for the new 525i (218 bhp), we were here talking about RM398k*1.3=RM517k

Do u actually know that the old 530i (231 bhp) is only selling at RM453k

I would any time take the old 530i at RM453k instead of the new 525i at RM517k.

I thought u must have not do ur logical calculation at the time when u faced the pretty? sale girl. U just got to be extra careful man!

Originally posted by x5m5@Jun 17 2005, 02:24 AM
Oh Johnchen Johnchen

How could u believe that the sale girl mentioned that the price is 30% higher for the new 525i (218 bhp), we were here talking about RM398k*1.3=RM517k

Do u actually know that the old 530i (231 bhp) is only selling at RM453k

I would any time take the old 530i at RM453k instead of the new 525i at RM517k.

I thought u must have not do ur logical calculation at the time when u faced the pretty? sale girl. U just got to be extra careful man!

I took what the sales girl told me (30% more) with a pinch of salt. I did the same calculations to her and asked her which company in the right frame of mind wold do such a thing and still want to remain in busienss in Malaysia. Her reply was that BMW Malaysia said the Euro dollar was getting too strong and they cannot absorb the differences any more as a very high % of the CKD car is made of imported parts. And all those information was told to her by her boss who had just returned from a meeting with BMW Malaysia.

I was still sceptical but accepted the fact that there will be a substantial increase in the price of the existing model (in my mind I was estimating even a +15% is a lot) and further increase once the new R6 is launched. Remember towards the end of last year the hot economic global news was the high fuel prices and a very strong Euro.

Bottom line is I was thinking not with my head but with my heart. After all its my first BMW, my dream car. So I guess I was dreaming until now. Wow I'm finally now waking up!!!

Anyway, I still believe in the BMW cars and my heart still beats a little faster each time walk towards my car. What I'm pissed of about it the sales tactic used by them to con us into booking the car. That is very wrong and unprofessional. From this forum, you can see that I wasnt the only person that was told of the 30% increase in priece. There were other buyers too.

As I said before, there could be some truth in it, as the dollar (which the ringgit is pegged to) was falling and also the new automotive policy was being drafted. Well, as the saying goes, man can only plan and god decides! Dollar has appreciated against the Euro recently and new automotive policy is more "accomodating" towards foreign marques than what it was supposed to be.

What the dealer/sales person should have done instead is to highlight the "potential" increase in car prices should certain events take place. At least, if they had done it that way, no one will hold them responsible for misleading potential buyers into an early purchase.

Rgds

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Jun 17 2005, 11:42 AM
Has there been any response to your letter, John?
Nope, not yet. No calls nor emails. Maybe they are forming a comittee to look into this issue....

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Jun 17 2005, 02:34 PM
John,

How long did they take to reply your complaint?
They have not responded. My email was sent out to them yesterday late morning. I'll give them until next Monday. If still no response, I will courier a hard copy over to thier offices.

Still no news from them. I'll be out of town until Thurs so hopefully I'll hear something from them by then.

:eek: My brother just got his new 520i last month, i bet he didn't know the new 523i selling at RM350K only and will be arriving soon in june-july. :blink:

But i personally will still prefer the 520i 2.2L, coz the road tax is lower thn the 523i 2.5L. The 520i has 170hp in 2.2L engine, unlike the new 523i has a little more 7hp which is 177hp in 2.5L engine.
But for the 525i is the best unit to get. Very worth with all the M-Sport packages and new engine in RM410K :lol:

Originally posted by samhun@Jun 20 2005, 05:10 PM
:eek: My brother just got his new 520i last month, i bet he didn't know the new 523i selling at RM350K only and will be arriving soon in june-july. :blink:

But i personally will still prefer the 520i 2.2L, coz the road tax is lower thn the 523i 2.5L. The 520i has 170hp in 2.2L engine, unlike the new 523i has a little more 7hp which is 177hp in 2.5L engine.
But for the 525i is the best unit to get. Very worth with all the M-Sport packages and new engine in RM410K :lol:
I'm not particularly over-the-hill with a de-tuned 2.5L too but what's the differential in torque between the new 523i and 520i cos I think that's the area which 520i really lacked. So, the valvetronic and extra capacity could have improved that quite a bit.

Top Bottom