New 17" Hankook tyres offer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Crymson

Club Guest
Just passing info ..... Saw this offer from a tyre shop in Sunway. It's that corner shop, just 3 shops away from Daichi.Hankook HR2 new 17"INCH TYRE 215/45/17, made in Korea. Selling for RM220 per piece. I think it includes installation and balancing.

cheaper than mine....
I'm using the same hankook HR2...but mine was 300 a piece :cry:

Ermmm... it quite cheap ..

BTW, OK ke these tyres ? Anyone use it ? Pls advise

I have been using the Hankook Ventus 235/45/17 on my e34 for close to 10 months now. Grip, wear rate and noise level are all pretty good and I would not hesitate to get them again when the time calls for another set of tyres :)

albundy,

they hav stopped with HRII right??? What about Ventus Sport K104??? & Ventus V4ES H105 ?? ur thoughts on this???

The HRII is older pattern hence the good deal. Generally Hankook is value for money. I have tried the Optimo (comfort pattern) in 14" and 16" and no complains so far. And the Optimo is the only 14" tyre I found with Silica compound!

I have also installed the Ventus K104 235/45/17 on my E34 - but I sold the car just after installation so can't tell the performance.

Next I want to try the Hankook RS-2 which is a soft compound with big contact patch like Yoko AD07, should grip like hell in the dry (but sucks in wet!).

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Oct 12 2005, 11:21 AM
The HRII is older pattern hence the good deal. Generally Hankook is value for money. I have tried the Optimo (comfort pattern) in 14" and 16" and no complains so far. And the Optimo is the only 14" tyre I found with Silica compound!

I have also installed the Ventus K104 235/45/17 on my E34 - but I sold the car just after installation so can't tell the performance.

Next I want to try the Hankook RS-2 which is a soft compound with big contact patch like Yoko AD07, should grip like hell in the dry (but sucks in wet!).
OSF,

u mean this??
Ventus R-S2 Z212

Z212.jpg

Maximum Performance Summer
V, W, Y-Rated
35/40/45/50/55/60 Series
14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Inch
UTQG: 200/AA/A, 200/A/A
Road Hazard Warranty
DSB: Diagonal Serrated Band
SBL: Serrated Black Letters

The Ventus R-S2 Z212 was created from the successful Ventus RSS Z211 racing design, brought to the street with improved road contact surface area for dry traction and a tread design featuring exceptional water dispersion for wet conditions. The result is a street tire delivering maximum grip with the proven Ventus Ultra-High Performance tread compound.

Originally posted by mrhartge@Oct 12 2005, 03:20 AM
albundy,

they hav stopped with HRII right??? What about Ventus Sport K104??? & Ventus V4ES H105 ?? ur thoughts on this???
I am using the Ventus Sport 104 (I think hehe), paid Rm430 a piece for it. Good tires (comes with silica compound as well), and in my humble opinion offers better value compared say to the yokohama ES series, Kumho Ecsta Supra or even the goodyear Eagle F1 which I find to be a little noisy after a couple of months (probably because of the thread pattern). :) Its been 10 months now, and there is still at least 50% thread left.

Albundy, u r on the Ventus Prime K105, which has asymetric pattern. Mr Hartge, yes that;s the one.

Originally posted by OSFlanker@Oct 12 2005, 03:40 AM
Albundy, u r on the Ventus Prime K105, which has asymetric pattern. Mr Hartge, yes that;s the one.
Hahaha...lemme double check :)

Albundy,
is it this one (pix)? I'mthinking of getting a pair of these for my e34 rear... cheers, Faiz

Hey Faiz, long time no hear from you. Yup, those are the tires I am using for the rear :)

Thanks, Al. Yes, it's been some time. Will catch up with you later when we meet. I think I'm more or less decided on the Ventus 105s and will check out shops around Kajang/Cheras. My rear ES100s are wearing unevenly - previously you couldn't feel it so much but they are goners with about 30% thread.
Rgds to all forummers, Faiz

For E34 I would rather go for the K104 which is symmetric hence can rotate. Bad news is, I took the last 2 pieces! I think all other symmetric patterns are also out of stock for 235/45/17.

Hi OSF,

Good thing to keep in mind but why 'last two pieces'? I'm sure more are available? Kai Shen Marketing (main/sole importer of Hankook tyres?) on the web lists a long list of retail outlets in the Klang valley and elsewhere. But then, if one is looking for the limited K104 at these sizes, you may be right. I called their main office in Glenmarie to enquire. Was told to go to USJ-19 although there are many outlets in Kajang/Bangi/Seri Kembangan areas! Will still ask my Bangi tyre dealer though. Cheers.

faiz

Top Bottom