Need to know bout E46, 318 2.0

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mwtang

Club Guest
I am interested in getting a CKD 318 2.0 need some help over some issues please.I am new to bimmer, sorry if these questions been asked many many times.Thanks in advance1. HP ?2. Price range please?3. is it a M54 engine? or somethin like tat.4. its not double vanos. am i right. Its just valvetronic. Was told to go for 6 cylinder instead of 4. 5. was contemplating in getting a 318 2.0 recon, price diff not much. Was offered 130k for CKD.6. where can i source for more info on local CKDs 318 2.0 thanks7. Price range for 6 cylinders please. If possible.8. doublr vanos only avail for 2.2 and above ? i seen some ads on saying their rides are 318 2.0 but with double vanos. really confuse hereThanks again in advance.

mwtang

bmw e46 318i 2.0 has 143hp

price range..... can't be bothered.....

it has n42 engine

4 cylinders engine has no vanos, it has valvetronic

double vanos available in certain 6 cylinder models

"Was told to go for 6 cylinder instead of 4"..... go for 6 cylinders lah. 4 cylinders buang aje dlm tong sampah. by the way, if really keen on getting bmw, get any bmw except e46. coz e46 sucks.....

i have check with ab, was told e46 , n42 does have double vanos, 02 facelift onwards..

eddiefiola said:
by the way, if really keen on getting bmw, get any bmw except e46. coz e46 sucks.....

Strange :confused: ....

Coz we are really having so much fun on the E46ers (most saleable 3 series todate by BMW, even till now, the E46 M3 by far the best M from BMW!)...

Then again, it's really not so much about the BMWs...

It's about a lifestyle community!

mwtang, happy hunting on ur e46! PM me shd u need any info...

cheers & happy new year!
+e46 Pilots.my

eddiefiola said:
mwtang

it has n42 engine

"Was told to go for 6 cylinder instead of 4"..... go for 6 cylinders lah. 4 cylinders buang aje dlm tong sampah. by the way, if really keen on getting bmw, get any bmw except e46. coz e46 sucks.....

dei...are you sure E46 is sucks???

Did you own it before or you just a hipokrittttttt a@#@$@e who doesnt like E46........mmmm..i was thinking maybe you are still dreaming for one yet......am i right???

ohhhh...have you driven a E46 M3, 330i, 328i, 325i SMG before???....if not just keep your mouth shut.....Ok la...let me solve your ego problem...just come to one of our Burger Time every Friday 10.30pm at Mutiara Dmansara.....and bring more tissue in case you wet yourself.

RedEarth.....

:) :) :)

eddiefiola said:
mwtang

it has n42 engine

The 02 to 05 cars are N42 while 05 onwards to the new e90 are N46...same engine..tuned to 150hp...7hp more than the N42. Both engines are double vanos...i've seen it myself...oh well...it written everywhere...the most common problem with this car is vibration....

Looking at the car market right now, you're looking at spending RM120-125k for a registered 2002 318i (local). Unregistered would be RM130k and above (import model).

For that price range, you could also get a 2000-2001 325i or 328i. Both would be 6 cylinders, that can give you the trademark BMW engine grunt.

I for one cannot see the logic presented by Eddiefiola.........

There must be some basis first before making such a sweeping statement.:confused:

It all boils down to expectation. U buy a car with twice the price of camry, some will expect the reliabllity to be double of camry and get pissed when it's not the case. Well, it will never be the case as we buy bimmers for the performance, look and staus, not the reliability.

If u want to be really easy on your pocket, get a kancil.

can i have some reviews on 320i 6 cylinder jpn specs. i been getting mix feedback.
some say the engine no good , thats why production stop.

or should i juwst go for a 318 2.0 facelift CKD

mwtang said:
can i have some reviews on 320i 6 cylinder jpn specs. i been getting mix feedback.
some say the engine no good , thats why production stop.

or should i juwst go for a 318 2.0 facelift CKD
PM tkew; he owns a 320i exactly like the one you have mentioned. I would prefer a 6 potter than a 4.

mwtang said:
my budget max out only 125k mate...sigh
then go for year 00 or 01 325 lor, unless u want the facelift 02 that cost u around 136k

mwtang said:
my budget max out only 125k mate...sigh

its worth going for the facelifted 325i i.e late01/02 models...shuld strech your budget slightly...the facelifted models will have a lower depreciation in the next few years as it is the models just before the E90s

regards

Top Bottom