Need help - No audio sound at all

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Matthew

Hi all I really would appreciate if anyone out there could help resolve my issue.

Recently my audio has no sound at all. I have sent it back to AB 3 times already for software update to try to resolve the issue but it keeps coming back.

The i Drive works perfectly and everything comes on on, you can see the radio stations, navi, cd changer all working nicely except there is no audio at all.

1. No beeps at all from the PDC but PDC is showing on screen
2. No chimes or bells when seat belt not on but shown on screen
3. No audio at all even though it shows cd or radio playing
4. I drive is working perfectly but just no sound - updated software 3 times in AB but issue keeps coming back

I have read many forums and this seems to be a big known problem but with no proper solutions. Some say it's the amp, some it's the radio fuse, some its software etc but no one has got to the root of the issue.

Btw the model im driving is the E60 525i M Sport 2009 from AB.

My thanks in advance for any help rendered here.

Encountered similar problem with my e60. Apparently it was the bluetooth that was causing the no audio sound. Had it done at Optimum Motorsports @ Kayu Ara and they added a bluetooth by-pass device located inside the trunk. Price RM230.00

Interesting and thanks for the heads up. Any chance this place is in Penang?

Can it be done in Penang and how did you find out it was the Bluetooth that was causing the problem....once again thank you Herbert

Matthew,

Optimum Motorsport is located in Petaling Jaya and I don't know of any workshops in Penang. It was Optimum who detected it was the bluetooth that was causing the problem and apparently it is common in e60.

This is the bluetooth bypass part.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibre-Optic-Most-Loop-Back-works-with-BMW-Audi-and-Mercedes-MOST-Signal-/111490400645?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item19f5588185

Other BMW forum relating to no audio sound.

https://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=150801&start=20&f=5&t=150801&start=20

Herbert

Thank you for your advice and invaluable help. Ok guess it's time to bypass the bluetooth module.

Can the bros here recommend places or people that can do this in Penang. Tq

Herbert

After you did the bypass I assume the Bluetooth could not be used anymore and is the faulty part known as
: BMW Charging Electronics Bluetooth Handsfree

Thank you

I wasn't using the bluetooth function prior to the problem so I won;t really know. I have recently replaced the 6.5 inch iDrive with the Dynavin 8.8 inch with Navi, bluetooth, reverse camera and aux function.

encountered something similar in a f10. it was due to the amplifier. you will need a bmw scanner to get the error code.

Top Bottom