Need advise on E46 M54 6 cylinder2200cc

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crackedbox

Club Guest
Hi,As my title mention I am finally ready and looking to get the mentioned model (E46 M54 6 cylinder2200cc) Sales man claim its south africa model. Test drove the car, floored the pedal, must say the engine is very responsive and gear shifting is very smooth.Overall condition is 7/10. Issues I notice when test driving/observing the car listed below. What could be the cost to repair and also restore to former glory.1) Front 2 wheels, when go on bumpy road got sound like the font wheel is loose. I suspect lower arm bushing.2) Engine slightly noisy, suspect timing chain3) When in reverse gear, car vibrating. Sales man told me 1 mounting gone. God knows how he know its 1 mounting only :sleep:From all the 3 above, what will the cost be to repair fix all. I am very keen in getting the car. Might decide in this 2 - 3 days.Anyway, price im getting is RM59,800. Mileage is 180000. Please input.TQ

Timing chain does not give you that sound. I have 289k km on my car and the chain is very slient still. With that sound, you might be looking at a overhaul. Walk away from this deal. Some more it's a south African model, parts might not be the same as the euro ones hence expensive and have to wait.

SA beemers is one of the better ones assembled as SA BMW was accredited by their high-standards of assembly. My J-Spec model is from SA, same parts as the euro ones. Your 2.2 could be J-spec as most J-Spec are from SA.

I've read somewhere that there is a revised timing chain tensioner. That sound could be that. well you could bring either one of us to plug in to diagnose prior to ur decision :)

cheers...bottomline dont rush...

Iceduke;780082 said:
SA beemers is one of the better ones assembled as SA BMW was accredited by their high-standards of assembly. My J-Spec model is from SA, same parts as the euro ones. Your 2.2 could be J-spec as most J-Spec are from SA.

I've read somewhere that there is a revised timing chain tensioner. That sound could be that. well you could bring either one of us to plug in to diagnose prior to ur decision :)

I got SA model too, Wahhh, didnt know the better assembly part... Thx man, but i dunno wat spec is mine called.

Iceduke;780082 said:

Plug in? U mean u have a electronic gadget to plug in the ecu to check?

lol i mean most of us have the diagnostic tool that can help u scan. But then again some dealers may not allow for fear of u discovering the truth...

Top Bottom