My UDM CAUSING ME HEADACHE

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
mielo86;657849 said:
the mech i go to see yesterday just call me back..he say to change both lower arm will cost me around RM2000 n stering box cost additional RM1600..i also ask him to quote me eibach sport spring n he mention RM1900 for a new one...last week the first mech qoute just around RM1200 for both lower arm...is the price reasonable or this is just a scam to cekik a newbee bmw owner??

This is not mech bro. Its more like a butcher. Potong kepala type

initialM;657934 said:
This is not mech bro. Its more like a butcher. Potong kepala type

I thought so...thats why im still searching around for the right workshop n right price

mielo86;657923 said:
This mech in banggi,just a usual tyre shop..i usually go to sri kembangn MB Asist..but yesterday so lazy to drive to sri kembangan coz jam banyak teruk..myb this saturday will go to my panel MB ASist

milo,
talk abut bangi tyre shop, pls run away from the shop behind oldtown kopitiam!

abuhasan;657959 said:
milo,
talk abut bangi tyre shop, pls run away from the shop behind oldtown kopitiam!

That one a?never try there b4..you have bad experience there?where u usually go to service you car?

mielo86;657975 said:
That one a?never try there b4..you have bad experience there?where u usually go to service you car?

Bro, always refer to bro abu for the cut-throat wshop..he knows that area very well

mielo86;657975 said:

JFT63;657983 said:
Bro, always refer to bro abu for the cut-throat wshop..he knows that area very well

For sure la lepas ni..bro abu msti dah masak ngn workshop area bangi ni..

i think the shop quoted you is very expensive, maybe they have'd not fixed your type of car yet...there is a lot reputable workshops to go...matter of you getting to trust him in months/years to come.. there is a few members here have open'ed workshops and they are very reputable and honest....do a search on 'workshops that you go to'

btw,mielo86, you stay in putrajaya or work there ?

pussy;658023 said:
i think the shop quoted you is very expensive, maybe they have'd not fixed your type of car yet...there is a lot reputable workshops to go...matter of you getting to trust him in months/years to come.. there is a few members here have open'ed workshops and they are very reputable and honest....do a search on 'workshops that you go to'

btw,mielo86, you stay in putrajaya or work there ?

noted..tq bro pussy...nice name by the way..hehe...i work n stay at putrajaya.:beer:

bro mielo,
lebih 4 tahun, menjaga UDM ni tak ubah mnjaga anak manja. byk suka dukanya.
beduka pun cuma seketika. dukacita cuma tika mmbayar tapi bahgia bila memandu.
begitulh rutin nya.
tuk anak manja, sayang itu adalah kebahgiaan memberi.
tuk baby udm, sayang itu adalah kebahgiaan membayar.
byk bersabar bro,
tapi jgn sesekali tersalah mekanik, dukacitanya amat menyakitkan....

abuhasan;658031 said:
bro mielo,
lebih 4 tahun, menjaga UDM ni tak ubah mnjaga anak manja. byk suka dukanya.
beduka pun cuma seketika. dukacita cuma tika mmbayar tapi bahgia bila memandu.
begitulh rutin nya.
tuk anak manja, sayang itu adalah kebahgiaan memberi.
tuk baby udm, sayang itu adalah kebahgiaan membayar.
byk bersabar bro,
tapi jgn sesekali tersalah mekanik, dukacitanya amat menyakitkan....

ye betol aku setuju
bila bawak amat meyayangi ye
bila sakit mendukacita sakit hati pun ade .

NOTE : any shops in bangi/kajang when dealing with UDM's are just a waste of money and time ... seen not one, but several UDM owners went through an unsatisfactory ordeal ....

m.azharm5;658034 said:
ye betol aku setuju
bila bawak amat meyayangi ye
bila sakit mendukacita sakit hati pun ade .

Love and hatred relationship bro...

mielo86;657923 said:
This mech in banggi,just a usual tyre shop..i usually go to sri kembangn MB Asist..but yesterday so lazy to drive to sri kembangan coz jam banyak teruk..myb this saturday will go to my panel MB ASist

Bro, is the MB Assist you mentioned located at a corner lot oppsite the GIANT supermark in SK? I had a very bad experience with the shop few months back and swear will never go there again... I went there once just out of convenience caused I stay in SK. Asked them to change one of the bleeder on my e46, ended up have to change the entire host caused they don't even know how to properly unscrew the bleeder!!! Worst still, they charged me RM45 on labor (and wasted 2 hours of my time) for damaging my host with no replacement! At the end, have to call Ah Meng from MSpeed (my usual and trusted mech) for help. He drove all the way from his workshop from USJ to my house after work (caused I can't drive the leaking e46 all the way to USJ, the water tank will be dried up and the N42 will be overheated by the time I reached Bukit Jalil) to change the host (plus 1 bottle of BMW coolant) and only charged me for RM250.

ICEMAN 13;658036 said:
NOTE : any shops in bangi/kajang when dealing with UDM's are just a waste of money and time ... seen not one, but several UDM owners went through an unsatisfactory ordeal ....

pls do include Seri Kembangan area as well ...

e46_UDM;658143 said:
Bro, is the MB Assist you mentioned located at a corner lot oppsite the GIANT supermark in SK? I had a very bad experience with the shop few months back and swear will never go there again... I went there once just out of convenience caused I stay in SK. Asked them to change one of the bleeder on my e46, ended up have to change the entire host caused they don't even know how to properly unscrew the bleeder!!! Worst still, they charged me RM45 on labor (and wasted 2 hours of my time) for damaging my host with no replacement! At the end, have to call Ah Meng from MSpeed (my usual and trusted mech) for help. He drove all the way from his workshop from USJ to my house after work (caused I can't drive the leaking e46 all the way to USJ, the water tank will be dried up and the N42 will be overheated by the time I reached Bukit Jalil) to change the host (plus 1 bottle of BMW coolant) and only charged me for RM250.

ya that's the one...b4 this i go just ok...my friend recomended this place..hmmm...have to find another workshop la mcm ni...they quoted me a 2nd hand steering rack for about RM1600. another shop in banggi quoted RM1300 for half cut condition

mielo86;658336 said:
ya that's the one...b4 this i go just ok...my friend recomended this place..hmmm...have to find another workshop la mcm ni...they quoted me a 2nd hand steering rack for about RM1600. another shop in banggi quoted RM1300 for half cut condition

if u still can wait, try looking around first b4 u commit to anyone. To me, the MB Assist might be OK in servicing Merc only and definately not UDM... when I was there for about 2 hours, quite a few Merc came for servicing but am d only UDM there... Thought changing the bleeder should be an easy fix, but I was wrong and my heart is still bleeding till today everytime I passed by the shop (caused my favourite Nasi Briyani Gam Johor (Parit Raja to be more precise) is at the other corner...

haywire;657861 said:
I replaced my upper arm a few weeks ago for my E39, TRW brand RM260 each. If Lemforder RM380 each. Labour RM40 for one side.

So total for upper arm for my car was RM600 only.

Dunno about E46 parts prices, but I dont think it differs so much i.e RM2000!

Check the E46 parts and maintenance cost thread to find some precedents.

bro can u pm me this shop detail..tq

Top Bottom