Mtech Springs on 318i 2000 pre-facelift

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Guru,

The ride height looks exactly like what I want. Not too low and not to high like right now. Only running on 17's so should not be a problem. Don't wanna slow down dead slow when I hit a speed bump. The mrs and my 1 year old daughter ain't gonna like it.

joeylow

guru;280410 said:
go to reputable bmw workshop?

is your car m-sport spec?..sport seat,sport steering, 3 headrest at the back,bodykit, m-sport rims etc..

Yea I drive a SMG - so I should have all the M-sport goodies. Guess I'll have to get the workshop to check it out. Thanks.

BJM7978;282796 said:
mtech spring/abs..stock..m-sport model

The picture seems to look very different from guru's picture... can anyone double confirm? The one posted by guru looks lower.

joeylow

joeylow;282905 said:
The picture seems to look very different from guru's picture... can anyone double confirm? The one posted by guru looks lower.

joeylow

guru>18" rims
mine>17" maaaaaa....

BJM7978;282932 said:
guru>18" rims
mine>17" maaaaaa....

yup.. that's right. the 18's fill the arches better and makes the gaps look closer.
in actual fact, the ground clearance is about the same compared to stock m-teknik setup with 17's.
i kinda miss the stock look too!

Guru.. are you running staggered setup with the 18s? My handling with non-staggered 18s not as good as the stock setup with 17s.

But i like the m-tech springs. Good balance between performance and comfort.

non-stag.. but corner like racing car lah.. I don't drive fast but like to layan corners.

joeylow;282787 said:
Stormbringer,

I doubt you can get the same price as me, I know the guy pretty well and I own a workshop myself. Anyway I got the springs from Stuttgart in Taman Mayang, the industrial area near the old Lim Kok Wing. I think normally it will retail for around RM500 - RM600. I have seen some guys on this forum selling it for RM750.

joeylow
bro. where actually in taman mayang the shop located? would like a set for my ride also. dun mind d bumpy ride as long it look cool.. :)

rafe;282997 said:
bro. where actually in taman mayang the shop located? would like a set for my ride also. dun mind d bumpy ride as long it look cool.. :)

rafe,

Do you know where the old Lim Kok Weng College is in Taman Mayang? They are located in the light industrial area next to it. Easy to find as there is only 4 rolls of factories there.

Address : 29,31,33 Jalan SS26/13 Tmn Mayang Jaya
Tel : 03-78040911

You can look for Ah Chuan - can say you are joey's friend. Maybe he might give you the same price. I cannot guarantee though. As the price in my posting is a workshop cost for the springs. Customer's price might be higher.

But if you don't mind the bumpyness why not try a set of Eibach or H&Rs. I heard that they are lower and gives a more aggressive look.

joeylow

joeylow;276936 said:
Guys,

Need some help. I have just changed to 17's and would like to have my ride lowered but not change my shocks(as they are new BOGE std items). I heard that I can get away with a set of Mtech springs. Slightly lowered height, comfortable and also slight increase in handling. I was offered a set for RM450. Can anyone give me some advice on whether I should take it?

How much of a drop in ride height am i looking at?

joeylow
HI

I am looking for a m-sport spring as well, would you able to tell me where to get the m-sport spring? my number is 016-665-0323
i am using tien spring now. it is too low for me.

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom