My UDM CAUSING ME HEADACHE

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My suggestion learn & study the maintenance thead this forum. Buying a BMW is one thing and maybe cheap now but maintaining one is another. Its all depend on your expectation and budget. I rather drive tip top cuntchill than problematic BMW. Anyway congrat & good luck.
By the way which model is your E46?

initialM;657622 said:
My suggestion learn & study the maintenance thead this forum. Buying a BMW is one thing and maybe cheap now but maintaining one is another. Its all depend on your expectation and budget. I rather drive tip top cuntchill than problematic BMW. Anyway congrat & good luck.
By the way which model is your E46?

Point taken..b4 this i was in dilema wther to buy a civic 1.7 or e46...after a few quarel with my wife then decided to buy e46 coz it was my dream car...n now here i am a proud owner of a problematic UDM..hehe:burnout:..given time im sure my UDM will be as good as new.by the way mine is 318i 1.9cc year 1999

mielo86;657683 said:
Point taken..b4 this i was in dilema wther to buy a civic 1.7 or e46...after a few quarel with my wife then decided to buy e46 coz it was my dream car...n now here i am a proud owner of a problematic UDM..hehe:burnout:..given time im sure my UDM will be as good as new.by the way mine is 318i 1.9cc year 1999

Yeah, we must be proud with our UDM no matter what because not many people are willing to own one..cheers

Prevention is always better than cure. Just a suggestion based on what I did for my Bimmers:

1) Replace all braking system wear and tear components (discs, pads, etc ), always with new parts.
2) Replace all fluids (gearbox oil, engine oil, power steering oil, etc etc)
3) Replace all filters (air filter, fuel filter, aircon filter, etc etc)
4) Replace all suspension mountings and bushings
5) Replace all beltings
6) Cross your fingers and hope no major problems will pop up suddenly. :)

bro, some still hav to eat maggie 1st to replace that so called cheap part...like me :p

To all who are newbies and looking for their first BMW, I only tell them two things:

1. When looking for a used one, don't go hunting for bargains because there is nothing more costly than a cheap BMW.

2.Get a good one, and you won't want to drive any other brand.Get a bad one, and it'll probably be your last BMW.

bmw4eva;657767 said:
To all who are newbies and looking for their first BMW, I only tell them two things:

1. When looking for a used one, don't go hunting for bargains because there is nothing more costly than a cheap BMW.

2.Get a good one, and you won't want to drive any other brand.Get a bad one, and it'll probably be your last BMW.

Well summed up bro...thumbs up

chairoger;657716 said:
Prevention is always better than cure. Just a suggestion based on what I did for my Bimmers:

1) Replace all braking system wear and tear components (discs, pads, etc ), always with new parts.
2) Replace all fluids (gearbox oil, engine oil, power steering oil, etc etc)
3) Replace all filters (air filter, fuel filter, aircon filter, etc etc)
4) Replace all suspension mountings and bushings
5) Replace all beltings
6) Cross your fingers and hope no major problems will pop up suddenly. :)

yehh and to add on

do change your engine oil every 45~60 days..
do change your radiator fluid every 6 months
do change your diff fluid , G-box fluids , brake fluids every 1 year once

ahh you will have a headache free UDM

Sometimes, there are times when I too think owning a UDM is like a Love-Hate relationship. You love the car, but the car just hates you by giving this problem. But then again, like courting a girl, if you continue treating her right and give her all the care and attention, she will ultimately one day give you the ride of your life :D :69:

Cheers to all UDM owners !!! :rock:

Petrus;657840 said:
Sometimes, there are times when I too think owning a UDM is like a Love-Hate relationship. You love the car, but the car just hates you by giving this problem. But then again, like courting a girl, if you continue treating her right and give her all the care and attention, she will ultimately one day give you the ride of your life :D :69:

Cheers to all UDM owners !!! :rock:

Petrus, very well said. :rock::rock:

the mech i go to see yesterday just call me back..he say to change both lower arm will cost me around RM2000 n stering box cost additional RM1600..i also ask him to quote me eibach sport spring n he mention RM1900 for a new one...last week the first mech qoute just around RM1200 for both lower arm...is the price reasonable or this is just a scam to cekik a newbee bmw owner??

mielo86;657849 said:
the mech i go to see yesterday just call me back..he say to change both lower arm will cost me around RM2000 n stering box cost additional RM1600..i also ask him to quote me eibach sport spring n he mention RM1900 for a new one...last week the first mech qoute just around RM1200 for both lower arm...is the price reasonable or this is just a scam to cekik a newbee bmw owner??

I replaced my upper arm a few weeks ago for my E39, TRW brand RM260 each. If Lemforder RM380 each. Labour RM40 for one side.

So total for upper arm for my car was RM600 only.

Dunno about E46 parts prices, but I dont think it differs so much i.e RM2000!

Check the E46 parts and maintenance cost thread to find some precedents.

mielo86;657849 said:

adoiii...where is this mechanic of yours located bro??? :stupid:

meilo,
just quick offer 2u, in case u need to replace ur front sway bar.
i got new unused lemforder x 2.

dzuljazz2001;657885 said:
adoiii...where is this mechanic of yours located bro??? :stupid:

This mech in banggi,just a usual tyre shop..i usually go to sri kembangn MB Asist..but yesterday so lazy to drive to sri kembangan coz jam banyak teruk..myb this saturday will go to my panel MB ASist

Deuce;657907 said:
meilo,
just quick offer 2u, in case u need to replace ur front sway bar.
i got new unused lemforder x 2.
reasonbeing, my mech bought new to replace the old one in da same time i bought KW V2 suspension.
fyi, KW used shorter front sway bar (+/- 7 inch)

Today i go to anaother shop n the mech say dont need to change the lower arm,he say the problem is with my stearing rack/box..he suggest to me to get a half cut coz more cheaper..this mech sound more convincing then b4..he say to try find me the half cut n will quote me the coz tomorrow..am to cek with my regular workshop this saturday...by the way what is lemforder??is it lower arm?

Top Bottom