my poor e30 :( :(

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jagmalhi

Club Guest
this has to be hands down the saddest day for the year so far.yesterday, (10.2.08), at 4am, a drunk driver beat a red light and knoced into my baby :( I was on the way back from hartamas using the non-toll way to TTDI. At the Section 16,Eastin,KGPA big intersection the son of a bit*h knocked into the back of my driver's side as I was crossing during a green light heading from kl, he was coming from the kgpa/ttdi direction. Never even saw it coming man,the min i crossed,already got lights in my face. next thing i know car's spinning and spinning and spinning and stop right next to the concrete wall :eek: . Thank god didn't ram into me if not i'll be haunting this forum :thefinger: anyhow,the bastar* in the vios was drunk. i almost kicked his head in if not for the girl with him.my pooooorrrrrrrr babbbbyyyyyyyyyy!!! BUT, good news boys, the asshol*s car was in way fuc*ed up conditon. whole front gone until engine bay also havoc.hahahaha.only satisfaction i got of it.plus the prospect of still kicking his ass,got his details with me.Thank god my car didn't suffer chasis or much damage. the affected parts are back bumper,right back tail light,back right fender. need to ketuk and spray.my rim got scratches (son of a fuc*, its Borbet's some more!!).. i just pray my suspension and absorbers no damage :( ,and according to my report "dan kerosakan lain yang belum diketahui" i hope i dont 'ketahui' any other 'kerosakan'.I guess it could've been worst,me and my buddy could've died and/or car could've been in worst condition.car's been towed to Soon Fat Heng in PJ, I don't trust City Alignment(conman maximum!!!).anyway i've 2 questions,1)anyone can recommend a good workshop for bmw for insurance claims?they do good job can trust etc?2)what's a good,less hassle insurance company?apparently kurnia is shit.can anyone recommend?

If you are with Kurnia, you can try M1 in Segambut. They are one of the authorised workshop recognised by Kurnia. Claim are usually "delay" if you sent to workshop not listed in their files.

BTW, why do you say that the service by Kurnia is not satisfactory? I do not have any problem claiming from them. I use Kurnia Express claim and got my cheque in 2 working days after submitting my claim.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Make sure that you make police report first.

sorry to hear bout your car...

what are u doing with His number? u should take his Girl's!!! muahahahaha

hope u r alright and the claims and such go thru hassel free

Jagmalhi... Glad you are alright bro.. God is with you man! Your baby will recover soon, no worries.

Lucky nothing happen to you. This is one of the reason I dun like going out late at nite. Hope ur baby get well soon:top:

First and foremost, thank God, not a scratch on you. Make some "kenduri" or "belanja kawan-kawan" for the "safety given" to you.

Second; my curiosity, how we gone to prove to the authority the other party are drunk, assuming it is the same scenario as what happened to you.

Hey Jag. Chilled. I know it is frustrating. Hope it will solve smoothly.

thanks guys..yeah i hope my car comes back tip top..such a pain to see it like that

jarance- i have no bad experience with Kurnia so far, just that many ppl and call man told me that Kurnia is slow,lousy etc..so just wondering

alex-hahaa she was one ugly ass

geoff-thanks mate,i hope you recover too.just read your thread,sorry to hear about the burns!keep up your spirits, aight?hang in there!

initial-thanks,i hope so too!just have to be more careful at traffic lights la i guess

strider-well,when the cops came i told them to go talk to the driver straight..can smell alcohol on his breath..i took the cops badge number,name and h.p number so that when i make report the sergeant can call them to confirm

I'm sorry to hear about ur car, i know how it feels when ur baby kena langgar especially when its not ur fault. Mine kena langgar just 3 weeks after i got it :20:
Anyway its good to know tat ur doing just fine, tats what matter most i guess
(^-^)

Wah.. how come so many unpleasant news wan, first geoffreylee, now u.. hope this is the last.. :(

Well, as I have always said, everything happens at the right time, at the right place to the right people. And to console ourself, always believe that a small misfortune will prevent a major catastrophic disaster.. or in other word, many good things now coming your way! I am not asking you to thank the VIOS fella la.. :D

Wishing a speedy recovery to your UDM!

Accident ! what can I say. I don't like them. But things can happen. I was involved in an accident last year, a guy cut across my path (2 lanes road) after I cross a traffic light that is going to turn red (In other words, I have to cross over fast) and there he was in the fast lane taking his corner. I swerve and hit his Wira on the front fender ... It could have been him .. and I was in my Ford Escape (SUV).

Insurance claims ... and repairs take ages. Luckily, my insurance agent is my friend and he recommended a workshop that I can send my Escape without paying for the repair (I have bad experience in paying first ... did not managed to collect). The other guy's insurance is Kurnia ... yeah they are shit ... refused my claim. The workshop and my agent put up a "knock to knock" claim ... but I have to go and meet up with my Insurance Company first.

And ... the things is Escape is not a common vehicle in Malaysia (unlike Protons), thus the adjuster have difficulties in assessing the value. I give them the list parts price (with the help from the Ford guys ... this is what fren are for) and the total cost come up to RM22K. Then the adjuster/Insurance Company start to slash it down. The workshop somehow can get cheaper parts (not from Ford) and proceeded with the repairs works ... final cost is around RM15K I was told. I was given a beat up Isawara (no A/Cond) for a month while the Escape is in the workshop. This is not a good deal at all although I don't have to pay a single cent. I also have to stomp my feet and request for change of 2 set of new wheels rather than repairing them as recommneded by the adjuster ... I just say this is not done ... wheels are not to be repaired ... you just cannot knock them and apply some cement and spray them up. It was not my fault anyway.

So brace yourself. Immediately be good buddy with your insurance agent!

Glad to hear that you are okey!

thanks for the info max,made some good points. i'm going in to see the workshop dudes tomorrow so hopefully i can work things out with them..i just want my car back into the original condition :(

though i dont think they're gonna be able to find a single borbet rim for me..anyone with experience in this?can i demand for a new piece?

and anyone got any idea about claims for absence of transport?can i get a daily rate or replacement car?claim from the guilty driver's insurance party right?the idiot driver is with Allianz

Like I say, it was not a good deal....involved in an accident.
I was told that you can claim from the insurance company for the loss of transport but it would be very troublesome unless you can get some lawyer fren to do a pro-bono for you (free service that is).
That why I took the beat-up Isawara instead, the workshop then claimed the cost to the insurance company. If not I would have to rent a car for a month and later try to recover the cost...Had enough trying to recover cost in previous accidents (had one too many already)... no success at all. I was also told by the workshop that they don't make much on this claim either, enough to cover the cost and actually just a service to their customer.

So sad, but its ok funfer is right your still breathing, always think of your safety first, I try a quick search about your thread i found a little detail that can help you fixed your e30 and your problem, I think they are capable to of this from BMW bumper to BMW 328 Distributor Cap. You can try this for some information and guide.

Malaysia Insurance Guide (Answerer's website - for the purpose of letting the Asker know who is responsible for this question only) http://www.MalaysiaInsuranceGuide.com

Hope its helps...

Is The Vios Driver From Klang?? Cause Around That Date I Saw One Vios Parked Outside My Place..........Dark Colour, Black.......That Car Totally Can Throw Already, Haha!!!

hey jagmahi,

my other car got into a accident last weekend and my insurance company sent it to the same workshop as your's. i was there to collect my car on monday and saw your car there. what's the hold up with claim? need help?

hey bro leforte, which workshop was that? Mine's been in a workshop in Puchong for the past 3 weeks :) i changed from Soon Fatt Heng, got a recommendation from a friend. The current workshop is doing a pretty good job and very easy to deal with. It's coming out next week, if the guy does a good job i'll have no problems recommending him. Name of the workshop is K1 United after the Sunway toll make a u-turn and its in your first left.

Top Bottom