My E36 difficult to start

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lockheed90

Hi Im using a BMW E36 325i..my car is difficult to start usually after turning off the engine for around after 1 hour. But if left it overnight it can start up easily..it needs to crank up a few time before the engine could start..do you guys know what is the problem?

done that already..before this it detect the O2 sensor fault..i've changed it already but the problem still there..I dont think because of the starter because the starter cranks up just fine

Had that problem before ... To be exact i had a stuck Vanos exhaust side ... changed the seals and redo back the timing.That solved the problem.

P/s: I also change intake and exhaust cam sensor, crank sensor prior to the work done on the Vanos.

B33mEr said:
Had that problem before ... To be exact i had a stuck Vanos exhaust side ... changed the seals and redo back the timing.That solved the problem.

P/s: I also change intake and exhaust cam sensor, crank sensor prior to the work done on the Vanos.
Thanks for the tip..will check with formen..any idea how much would that cost?

lockheed90 said:
Thanks for the tip..will check with formen..any idea how much would that cost?
You can check for the part numbers at realoem.com and call Bavarian Auto or Stuttgart PJ for quotations. The three sensors (intake,exhaust and crank sensor) can cost few hundred each but am based on my car. do check with parts supplier like bav auto

Good luck and do update us on your findings.

Bro.. do check ur fuel regulator and how long has it been since ur last fuel pump change?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

unstopables_7 said:
Bro.. do check ur fuel regulator and how long has it been since ur last fuel pump change?

Not sure when was the last time I've changed it..maybe the fuel pump is the main issue right?

Better to get it changed if its too old .. this of course does cause you it..

Check your icv valve, spray it with some WD-40 and see if it works after that

or do the basics, check spark plugs for oil pools, clean injectors, hear fuel pump

Weaker fuel pump also giving you symptoms like that, at least to my e34...

look like you have difficulty to start when engine in warm condition. maybe your engine temperature sensor fail to communicate with ECU. Having aging m50 engine u may look at all sensors and wiring issue. :64:

Top Bottom