Need Help, E30 difficult to start.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by teejay@May 14 2005, 10:46 AM
looks like the absorber mounting needs to be changed....... :D
wow, teejay, eyes of an eagle...yup the abs mounting is near kaput...

Hi D.V.Ng,

I have ask wireman to fix as you recomment, but it since like still same condition even take more times to starter, I don't know whether is wrong fixing or wrong direction or not, i will keep monitor and let you know after testing few days times. (cause i work oversea and not often to drive that car)

Anyway, thanks a lot.

Where is your location? I stay in JB.

r u using the correct relay...dun use cheap ones, use the Bosch ones..make sure the wires are also new..did he ground it properly, check battery grounding as well..clean the contacts..if all fails must be your starter...

Yes cntan. that problem still there. I am not given up yet. let you know if i got over it.

Originally posted by Logan@May 18 2005, 12:37 AM
Yes cntan. that problem still there. I am not given up yet. let you know if i got over it.
hv u serbis ur starter ????? :getyourfactsright:

Originally posted by teejay@May 19 2005, 06:54 PM
have yet still to get aftermarket grounding cables, will post as soon as i find the time
Yeah, pls do. Am thinking of changing mine to.

Hi Logan,

Look like we are facing same problem with can't starter well on our car....pls. inform once you get the solution and hope everyone of your can give a solution too.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Is the market selling grouding wire for engine with 6~7 connection (red, blue & yellow color one) can make affected well connection for grouding?

Thanks.

Logan,

We have another "hard start" member N5ZM joint in already...

Mean, actually BMW having this hard starting problem and look like not easy to solve it.

Did your add. the Bosch delay to starter? my already add and if turn the key to ACC 5sec time before start the engine, will be more easily to start.

looks like your ignition is playin up as well....get it checked for loose wires it is under the steering column and u have to remove the igntion barrell...

Hi D.V.Ng,

Pls. tell in more detail cause we are the outsider, is ur meanning at the steeling boss there? is near the key sw there?

If is loose for the wire, why at morning just need for one time starting the engine?

If possible, send me the photo of the area pls.....

the ignition wires at the ignition barrel is old and when it is hot tends to lose resistance, therefore not enough current to the starter...if possible change the ignition barrel harness...

Originally posted by dvng@Jun 3 2005, 10:25 PM
the ignition wires at the ignition barrel is old and when it is hot tends to lose resistance, therefore not enough current to the starter...if possible change the ignition barrel harness...
Missed u at tt 2nite but say, dat (ignition wires getting old) seems to make good explanation in my ride's case too.
The ignition barrel u refer to, is the housing around the ignition keyhole? :)

yup, quite easy to remove, remove the steering cowling as well to access the ignition harness...

Originally posted by dvng@Jun 4 2005, 05:24 PM
yup, quite easy to remove, remove the steering cowling as well to access the ignition harness...
Danke, but I just remembered my ride's difficulty's not just when der wires r hot. :dunno: :blink:

Hi D.V.Ng,

Di you mean is Ignition is the key switch? need to change the key sw right? the wire from steeling to the starter need to change?

Can i have the photo for ignition barrel harness pls....

A million of thanks.

Hi ctan,

It seems the key switch barrel/column/set/harness, have some contact problems just same like mine. For 3 days i have to start my car through contacting the starter. :cry:

What i did, open the stering column, buy 1 new push button switch. Get 2 new wire, try contacting both new wires by attaching of each 1 of the new wire to one of the 7 wires at the key switch barrrel (can't remember which wire colour, try and error), but ensure key put in start position. A little bit of spark won't hurt you :eek:k:
Wires it to push button switch.

And now you start push button switch just like some of the scooter/kapcai/motorcub etc, sorry have no picture.

Or.. you can "bang" the stering column for a kick start. Sometimes it work.

Top Bottom