My E28 Auto Gbox Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mienyak

Club Guest
Hi all, It was started since last week. During cold run especially morning, i need to drag 1st gear for 1km (in 40kmh) before pushing hard to 60kmh then only the gear changed to 2nd. Once the 2nd gear run, the gearbox will act like normal, until i park the car for long time. The atf & filter was changed before CNY holiday, but the problem still occur. Anyway, i still can carry my family to Kelantan and back without fail. Only morning give me headache. 2nd problem... the chasis was out and need to be replaced, according to mechanic. Anybody know where i can ketuk body & change the chasis. This is major problem oso since the allignment become wrong when we jack the car. Now the front tyre using 2nd becoz "makan tak rata" left & right, even just alligned. 3rd.. longshaft still no solution. Should i throw this car to lombong or what???

mr mienyak,

yr e28 must already be over 20 yrs old....the gearbox is tired....if you have serviced the oil and filter then perhaps the next thing to do is overhaul the gearbox.

chasis out?plse elaborate....replace chasis.....?that's replacing the whole car.....:eek:
if the chasis is bent,then it's not worth repairing imho.....

long shaft...what's wrong with it?

moots;292072 said:
chasis out?plse elaborate....replace chasis.....?that's replacing the whole car.....:eek:
if the chasis is bent,then it's not worth repairing imho.....
The chasis bar, where we place the jack to lift the car. There are 2, left and right.
Now, if we jack the car, the floor pan will squeeze, and will effect the allignment

Bro mienyek if you want to repair your chasis it can be done at subang jaya. You have my no call me. If not i will pm you again. Gear box call me and i will explain.

Thanks RB, i still got yr no.

Currently looking a replacement car before sending to garage

Top Bottom