My 2003 M54 520i with 168,000 km

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seewai

S62B50
Dear bros and sis,I've been driving my very first UDM for a year and a quarter now, mainly during weekends. What I noticed is that the gear change is not smooth at all unless I hit the pedal harder.Is this a sign of tranny wearing off? It has more than 163k KM during it's first 4.5 years and I did around 5k km after I owned it.Or is it just becase it's only a 2197cc? :)Additional question:- Is there any interest at all to mod this stock 2.2 for better performance, eg supercharge?I start to love it more as it only did 7.7l/100km during my recent SG trip! (100~130km/h cruise)Thanks and appreciate your kind advise.Cheers.seewai

My M54, albeit being the 2.5l variant, gets about that mileage unless I start getting heavy footed. I never owned a BMW that had an thirsty engine, regardless what type. For example, I converted my e36 325i M50 engine to 2.8 (the stroker way) and still, the fuel consumption is exactly the same. Of course there is a tendency for me to rev it up more, otherwise what's the point of the upgrade? My e46 is a daily driver, came perfect out of the box and never needed any mods. But I don't know how the 2.2l will behave diff than my 2.5l. As for the tranny, mine has clocked more than 200k and does not show any sign of wear, maybe you can get yours checked. It probably only needs an oil change.

Officially out of garage yesterday (only 90% completion but I need the car badly), she is now a "525i, Manual". Will return my baby to garage for the remainder 10% works when I have the time :)

seewai;584438 said:
100% stock and original look, titan silver colour ;-)

Hahaha. Stock also don't need to be shy mah! My E32 also stock, except for E60 rims... :D

Recent picture of my ride after shoe-works.

167747_10150096397341649_571556648_6218670_5842355_n.jpg

JFT63, thanks for the compliment. This compliment also goes to all solid E39 owners in the world!

Unfortunately her inside has quite some stuff done away with. She's now a 525i, 5sp Manual. Odo was 190k KM before swapping with her current 215k KM odo for manual tranny.

bmw7833;596316 said:
Want to sell the front bumper? :4:

weyy you gila arr asking all people selling bumper?? contact Ramsing he sell his "bumper" part time...

initialM;596328 said:
weyy you gila arr asking all people selling bumper?? contact Ramsing he sell his "bumper" part time...

What to do when no one wants to sell so ask like gilarrr la..

Lamsing 'bumper' is not my liking la woi..

bmw7833;596316 said:
Want to sell the front bumper? :4:

Bro, not at the moment but will remind myself about you should I ever think of selling it off :)

seewai;596357 said:
Bro, not at the moment but will remind myself about you should I ever think of selling it off :)

Ok ok..before i get myself a set.

bmw7833;596349 said:
What to do when no one wants to sell so ask like gilarrr la..

Lamsing 'bumper' is not my liking la woi..

Seem like u really like that bumper...no wonder u ask me to convert to M5...Btw, if you can get the M-Sport bumper, i may consider to sell...

BMW520;596564 said:
Seem like u really like that bumper...no wonder u ask me to convert to M5...Btw, if you can get the M-Sport bumper, i may consider to sell...

Bro, u can get the M bumper easily outside..offcoz replica PP one la, hard to get ori M-Sport bumper la. PM lionel..:4:

bmw7833;596570 said:
Bro, u can get the M bumper easily outside..offcoz replica PP one la, hard to get ori M-Sport bumper la. PM lionel..:4:

I prefer ori lo...else will be easier...

Recent fixes / mods

I decided to track changes to my ride, like I did for petrol refueling history.

Finally after serving her previous owner 4.5 years and yours truly 2.5 years, the sliding storage box gave way.

New one ordered from e-bay and recently installed. Damage: US$32

Also replaced the manual shifter with short-shifter. Funny shifting feel, but I'll get used to it. Damage: US$26.99

Major changes as of Jan 2011

As of 03 Jan 2011, my ride officially completed its B25 and manual tranny transplant. A drive to SGP and back was awesome, could feel a pull during acceleration to pull away from a number of cars, was still on standard rims & tires (still on 215/55/16).

Fuel economy was (still is!) also FANTASTIC! Though I suspect the rear diff final drive ratio is still slightly higher, probably due to this the torque was better?

Later got a set of used Bilstein B12 from a friend which significantly improved ride handling, and look. Front driver side is so low that I could hardly put a finger straight in. Mech says it's OK so I just live with it.

Also done is replaced its original 16" rims with used 17" M-parallel staggered, style 66, the rims cost RM2800 and the rubbers about RM3900.

Front H/L replaced with new set, damage RM2200 and RM1200 for an aftermarket Osram HID.

Bought used "clear" LED tail lamp replacing original "orange" LED tail lamp.

On top of that, I also bought a OBD II Plug'n'play HUD for US$179.99 which I will update later.

Cheers.
seewai

PS: I'm doing this NOT because I have intention to sell my ride, not the slightest intention at all :p

Top Bottom