more braking power on rear wheels

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
datsunnismo;292620 said:
i sent my car to mechanic shop and did all these jobs one shot:-
1) new rear brake piston
2) rear brake shoes (textar)
3) rear Brake hub (secondhand)
4) brake pad (textar)
5) Skim front disc(ventilated, as my udm originally 320)

still the power more on rear wheels. so, i did these job

1) service caliper with new repair kit.
2) 2nd hand servo n master pump

after that still the power more on rear wheel... what to do next?.. :( :( :(

while you have compulsively repaired and serviced the brakes on the car, have you check on the condition of the one and only thing that separates/moves you from the road surface? ? YOUR TYRES!!!

what are the condition of them? are the fronts and rears of the same made, performance? most importantly what is the date of production and thread wear? anything above 4 years old should be deem hazardous to your dear life and others on the road.

pressure regulator

pussy;292691 said:
if like that, i know the answer....manage settle for friend last year...

your brake pressure regulator located below the strut tower behind the servo is sticky... need to find new or secondhand..

btw, there is non new but you need to find one, mind you very hard to get..

part number = 34 331 152 494

yo bro... i got this 2nd hand part from my friend, but it was took out from scrap e30. can we check the conditon before install?

finaly i bought the brake pressure regulator (Ate brand) NEW from Ortojaya (spare part shop recommended by Srtider) at rm 190.00. hope the problem will solve after i fix it.......

attached the regulator picture and my 1st ever car, datsun b310.

what a sad story

just change the brake pressure regulator today. but the problem still exist!!! :2:

what else to do...?

I suspect front brake system might have air bubbles.
Bleed your front brakes (both) again.
When is the last time you change your brake fluid ?
Brake fluid should replace every 1 year, maximum 2years.

How about your brake lines? If the front lines are deteriorated they will expand outwards under braking rather than directing the pressure to the calipers, thus reducing your front braking power. Try replacing the front lines (can use stainless steel if you want firmer feel) and see what happens.

Also be sure your discs havent been overskimmed and are at least 20mm thick. (min ventilated allowable thickness according to Bentley E30 manual)

thnks for your advice bro cempaka.
where to get stainless steel pipe lines?
i'll check the disc thickness now...

I used the cheapest one. ProRS from 911Zentrum. Bought it on March 2005 for RM300 (exclude installation). 6 pcs. of stainless steel braided brake hoses.

but Fabian have other way to braided the original rubber hose using cable tie.

Strider;323292 said:
but Fabian have other way to braided the original rubber hose using cable tie.

yeah, use lots of cable ties.. haha.. works pretty well on track and I just left them as they are now... It's been at least 2 years... Anyway, still have to make sure that the rubber hoses are good before doing the cable tie mod...

fabianyee;323452 said:
yeah, use lots of cable ties.. haha.. works pretty well on track and I just left them as they are now... It's been at least 2 years... Anyway, still have to make sure that the rubber hoses are good before doing the cable tie mod...

Fabian's brake lines looks like hair braiding:rock:. Or you can try bf-goodridge from calvintan.

RM300 for any SS brake lines are nice.
DatsunNismo, maybe cheaper if I buy a set too ? :)

i really love to... but my finance very tight now. wanna try change to e32 master pump and see.....

hi guys...
yesterday i used fabianyee idea, really can feel the different. thanks bro.
Now im gonna re-check all the brake pipings.....

datsunnismo;329593 said:
hi guys...

Make sure you don't tighten too much with the cable ties.. and did you use the smallest size of cable ties???

datsunnismo;329593 said:
hi guys...

Does this solved your problem? If so, my advise, why not change it to the braided one. good luck

datsunnismo;278829 said:
My UDM braking power is more on rear wheels.
Recently I change:-
-rear brake piston
-rear brake shoes
-rear Brake hub
-Skim front disc(ventilated, as my udm originally 320)
-brake pad
-service caliper with new repair kit.
-2nd hand servo n master pump (thanks to bro strider)

But still the braking power more on rear wheels. When the car going to stop, it feels like we pull the hand brake.

Really need help from you guys how to solve this problem.

Thanks to all.

may i know after all how much is the damage?

i used around 4mm width cable tie and didnt over tight it.

I can say it give me a slide improvement only. it doent fully solve the problem. still the braking power more on rear wheels. definately will change to braided one as per strider advice soon.

about the cost so far, hmmm more than 1k.

Top Bottom