more braking power on rear wheels

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

datsunnismo

Club Guest
My UDM braking power is more on rear wheels. Recently I change:- -rear brake piston-rear brake shoes -rear Brake hub-Skim front disc(ventilated, as my udm originally 320)-brake pad -service caliper with new repair kit. -2nd hand servo n master pump (thanks to bro strider)But still the braking power more on rear wheels. When the car going to stop, it feels like we pull the hand brake.Really need help from you guys how to solve this problem. Thanks to all.

checked if your front master pump brake hose is wrongly installed or the pressure valve to the rear brakes is faulty....

pussy;278876 said:
checked if your front master pump brake hose is wrongly installed or the pressure valve to the rear brakes is faulty....

thanks for ur advice bro...

pressure valve? hmmm..... better i check .

i even try to master it... only way to master it, is not to die...

so, any good mechanic can sort it out....

PM Fireblade, he did some justice for me recently...

have you serviced the front brakes before? Since you mentioned you've done most of the servicing for the rear

i service the front caliper with repair kit. ATE brand service kit with two O rings. but its still the same.

datsunnismo;292521 said:
replace new textar brake pad and shoe
Are you saying you replaced the front pads, rear pads and shoes at the same time??? tell story tell halfway, how to help you diagnose problem???

I was trying to establish whether you have a grippier rear brake pads. That was the objective of my question... ;)

No offence...

first of all, most braking done on FRONT wheels so the front brake should be tip top.

Rear Brakes help to stabilise the rear, so it wun swing around.

Brakes are best left to experts and please please ask a competent mechanic check the complete system - FRONT N BACK at ONE GO.

fabianyee;292523 said:
Are you saying you replaced the front pads, rear pads and shoes at the same time??? tell story tell halfway, how to help you diagnose problem???

I was trying to establish whether you have a grippier rear brake pads. That was the objective of my question... ;)

No offence...

i sent my car to mechanic shop and did all these jobs one shot:-
1) new rear brake piston
2) rear brake shoes (textar)
3) rear Brake hub (secondhand)
4) brake pad (textar)
5) Skim front disc(ventilated, as my udm originally 320)

still the power more on rear wheels. so, i did these job

1) service caliper with new repair kit.
2) 2nd hand servo n master pump

after that still the power more on rear wheel... what to do next?.. :( :( :(

Bro maybe you might want to come for the TT tomorrow... let us look at it... loads of sifus around to advise...

datsunnismo;292620 said:
i sent my car to mechanic shop and did all these jobs one shot:-
1) new rear brake piston
2) rear brake shoes (textar)
3) rear Brake hub (secondhand)
4) brake pad (textar)
5) Skim front disc(ventilated, as my udm originally 320)

still the power more on rear wheels. so, i did these job

1) service caliper with new repair kit.
2) 2nd hand servo n master pump

after that still the power more on rear wheel... what to do next?.. :( :( :(

Can I assumed you changed the front pads and rear pads to textar at one go??? how's the condition of the brake hoses???

Come for TT...

berserkdroid;292631 said:
Bro maybe you might want to come for the TT tomorrow... let us look at it... loads of sifus around to advise...

bro, detail about the TT...?

if like that, i know the answer....manage settle for friend last year...

your brake pressure regulator located below the strut tower behind the servo is sticky... need to find new or secondhand..

btw, there is non new but you need to find one, mind you very hard to get..

part number = 34 331 152 494

I changed mine.. but not due to sticky valve.. mine was leaking brake fluid...

Bought mine in Sg... ~SGD70...

Top Bottom