Meguiars Tech Wax

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Spaceman@May 6 2006, 10:51 PM
thanks Afro D, buy direct from Hypercoat already.
but was told new pricings for entire product range, the NXT Tech Wax now RM95
wow. prices are up. should by meguiar's no. 21 polymer sealant instead then!! :nyehehe:

just tried the NXT Tech Wax last week ( got it at RM85.00 ) . I must say that it is one of the best wax i ever use . the application on and off the paint job is easy . the gloss is very deep with my black paint looking slightly darker after wax.

The shop owner told me that for a even deeper shine and darker shade effect on my cosmo black job , i should apply another layer of gold class wax to finish the waxing job.

Anyone tried this before ?

Originally posted by leakwoon@May 7 2006, 08:45 PM
bro mousee

when can we see the new polished ride :D
pai seh lar bro, dun force me lar

thks man...

jsut the last thing,

which one is better. paste form , or liquid?

Originally posted by jsen@May 8 2006, 10:19 PM
thks man...

jsut the last thing,

which one is better. paste form , or liquid?
hahahha, this question is asked and answered in mguaire forum and Mr mguaire answer "its all about your own preference, actually its almost the same, most people choose liquid because its easy to used" (that is what i remember) I forget the link n i just read it last few days. hope it helps

oic. thks man...

but hor, all this while of using wax, i find tat the paste is much user friendly.. but all this is up to personal preferences....

cox i always tumpah the liquid form... :)

hahah mouse oh mouse..

wanna bom me.... hahahah..

thks for the info guys.. :)

bro mcdude, do we need to wash off polish with water b4 waxing or can straight away wax?

Just bought the tech wax....tried on the bonnet....hmm..where's the shine? Maybe I use too little goa..

shine or not cannot confirm, but confirm cicak also slip if stand on it (slippery smooth) :D

Originally posted by Mouse@May 9 2006, 07:27 PM
bro mcdude, do we need to wash off polish with water b4 waxing or can straight away wax?
Which product did you use specifically?

Assuming you polished the car manually without the use of a rotary, it should be relatively dust-free and depending on the product used and factoring the location that you're detailing your ride (i.e. dusty area = rinse required) you could skip the rinsing portion. Again, it depends.

Some polishes are engineered to be abrasive whilst others work as a filler (i.e. fine polish) so washing it would negate their function as a filler. What you would want to avoid is trapping dust and dirt under a layer of wax.
If you've just used a product like Meguiar's Scratch-X then feel free to give the car a thorough rinse before waxing.

Originally posted by Ade@May 9 2006, 07:42 PM
Just bought the tech wax....tried on the bonnet....hmm..where's the shine? Maybe I use too little goa..
Wax only works well on a well-prepared surface. If you've got moderate to heavy oxidation, watermarks and a generally scarred surface, no wax in the world is gonna help that.
Surface preparation is the key to a proper paintwork finish. Not the waxes. If the correct and complete detailing techniques are applied, the car would already have a good shine, pre-waxing. Too many places wax lyrical (pun intended) on their last-step/wax products but it's not something I'd put too much focus on. Waxes/sealants are basically added protection for your clear-coat and should be treated as such. Don't expect it to give your car an instant makeover or you'll be disappointed.
Take it from me. I work on these things daily... :lol:

satisfaction guaranteed man..

now my car not onyl shines.... smooth like a silk..

dun mention cicak, water also hard to melekat( a bit exaggerated :) )..

2 thumbs up.!

Top Bottom