Meguiars Tech Wax

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Afro_D

Club Guest
Just got the Tech Wax... nxt generation one. Love the gloss and depth!!! Just one question.I apllied the wax... and had hell of a time removing it!!!! By the time I was done with the car... my arms were close to dropping off. The marketing blurb on the box said... easiest wax to use. Not true!!!Or did I do something wrong?

Was the surface too hot? Or you did it when the temperature was too cool and the air was pretty damp ie; late evening or early morning?

I have been using the NXT tech wax together with other Mequiars' products without much problems and they are brilliant stuff. (Color-X, Booster Wax and Interior Cleaner) :)

Hmm... yes it was early morning. The sky was cloudy and threatening to rain.

One more thingy... I had wax on the car (Meguiars Gold Class, applied 2 weeks ago).... did not remove it. Just straight used the NXT. Could that contribute to the difficult removal?????

Sifu Kevster... any help?

I've been using NXT tech wax for 3 months. For me occassionally there would be some difficult to remove wax spots which I think is attributed to applicator being damp (car wash residue water trapped in some corners being picked up by applicator). Other than that, it's a breeze to remove with the Meguair's cloth.

Added another layer to the boot. This time made sure that the surface was dry.

Some parts still very hard to wipe off. Live the shine tho :D

Maybe you are just putting on too much of it??

( a non expert's observation)

Sifu!! Waitied outside your Shaolin Temple for 3 days!!!

:D

Will thry that. Maybe I was over enthusiastic about the amount

Thanks

i personally think that by using the CLAY bar first and then only the tech wax is the best result shown so far ....

well sifu u tell more larrr ....

another question to ask, does Tech Wax non-user friendly ON parts other than car paint? eg. chrome window trim, rubber/ vinyl, headlamp...etc..? should i cover them up with masking tape during waxing each time? (hope not...that's lots of work...man! :eek: )

Originally posted by Spaceman@Jan 13 2006, 10:44 PM
another question to ask, does Tech Wax non-user friendly ON parts other than car paint? eg. chrome window trim, rubber/ vinyl, headlamp...etc..? should i cover them up with masking tape during waxing each time? (hope not...that's lots of work...man! :eek: )
Whatever wax it is, never get it on plastic, rubber, vinyl, etc. Its hell to get rid off especially if it gets into crevices between panels. Thats my experience. Good luck! :)

Thanks for all your suggestions. Will be prepping the surface first this week then applying thin layer. See how it works.

As for getting the Wax into crevices... that is the beautiful thing about the NXT Tech Wax. You use so little of it... and it is not paste form so it does not get wedged into crevices. So don't have to worry about the cracks and crevices (Pardon the pun) :D

Yes yes. I am a bloody idiot :rolleyes:

I did not read the instructions properly and skipped the shake bottle well part. The second time around... I shook bottle and then it was a real breeze to use!!!

Thanks sifus for all the helpful tips.

One last question. If I have on the tech wax already, can I apply another layer of my Meguiars Gold Class wax on it? Will it be benificial? Or will it be just a plain waste of time?

Originally posted by Afro_D@Jan 22 2006, 10:45 PM

One last question. If I have on the tech wax already, can I apply another layer of my Meguiars Gold Class wax on it? Will it be benificial? Or will it be just a plain waste of time?
There's no harm in layering Gold Class over NXT. The result? Purely subjective as it will differ from person to person. Try it. You might find a visible difference, you might not. But a word of caution, only layer the Gold Class on after the NXT has had at least 24hrs to cure and bond to the paint's surface or else you WILL disrupt the molecular cross-linking properties of the NXT.

Good Luck and have fun! :D

Hi all, newbie here. Just got myself some Soft 99 detailing clay and Meguiars tech wax, trim detailer and nxt car wash. Can't wait to get started on the car, but don't really know how to use the clay properly... (dang soft 99 clay instructions are all in Japanese) :ph34r:

What's the correct procedure? Wash car, dry it off, apply water then use the clay? Or apply soap water, use the clay, then wash the car? :dunno:

And I believe the clay needs some sort of lubricant, right?

Can anyone advise? Thanks.

Originally posted by Poseidon@Jan 24 2006, 04:09 PM
Hi all, newbie here. Just got myself some Soft 99 detailing clay and Meguiars tech wax, trim detailer and nxt car wash. Can't wait to get started on the car, but don't really know how to use the clay properly... (dang soft 99 clay instructions are all in Japanese) :ph34r:

What's the correct procedure? Wash car, dry it off, apply water then use the clay? Or apply soap water, use the clay, then wash the car? :dunno:

And I believe the clay needs some sort of lubricant, right?

Can anyone advise? Thanks.
Click here

Originally posted by kevster30@Jan 23 2006, 09:02 AM

There's no harm in layering Gold Class over NXT. The result? Purely subjective as it will differ from person to person. Try it. You might find a visible difference, you might not.
From what I know, layering works best when the wax you are using doesnt have cleaning properties... else the 2nd layer will strip off the 1st layer wasting your efforts... As far as I know MG GC Wax does have cleaning properties (1 step product) so the benefit of layering it over NXT will be diminished.

If you wanna do layering, go with a pure wax (no cleaners) in a multi step product range or some non abrassive sealants which can layer beautifully on top of each other (e.g. Autoglym EGP)

Top Bottom