MAF problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
great DIY info. Had this problem 7 years back, always standby a WD40 and a screw driver whenever i travel hahaha. I did fix for a while but issue came back. After a while i changed the AFM for ~RM 400+ back then and worked for a long time.

Hi bro Jarance, Russie and others,

I've opened my AFM to check either the vane is stuck or not. After I pushed the vane until the end the vane sprang back. So, it's not the AFM problem right? and I think I've problem with my adjuster unit. I think the butterfly valve at my adjuster unit is always in open condition. It can't shut. Seem a broken part (red color) at the other end of the rod that linked the butterfly valve.

atzi;626434 said:
Hi bro Jarance, Russie and others,

I've opened my AFM to check either the vane is stuck or not. After I pushed the vane until the end the vane sprang back. So, it's not the AFM problem right? and I think I've problem with my adjuster unit. I think the butterfly valve at my adjuster unit is always in open condition. It can't shut. Seem a broken part (red color) at the other end of the rod that linked the butterfly valve.

may I know what is an adjuster unit? Perhaps some pictures would help.

btw, you should check the ICV since the AFM is OK.

I've already check the ICV and cleaned it. So this is the picture of adjuster unit (NO.6)

MTU0MjZfcA==.png

Top Bottom