M Speed : Mixed Review...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.

guru

Club Guest
here's my story,i tried out ah meng in usj (m speed) after forum fellas recommend.. walau-eh!! what an experience.. kena potong kau kau(change this, change that).. I think i mentioned this before in another thread.. he does 'selective' potong'ing..kalo member ok lah..kalo org baru, standby lah..so anyways... i had a problem with the fuel cap not being able to lock when the central locking shuts the car.. as usual have to change the 'gun' lah..so he did ...but the problem still persist..and after that came out the laptop lah..like pro only..check here, check there he finally concluded that the whole computer box would have to be replaced!! 2 thousand something lah.. so I said no need lah... wait until the whole central lock system kaput first then replace lah.so after months of worrying and regular servicing (I also forgot to mention to my regular mech), today I went to check my light and I remembered the fuel cap problem..Ah chee(m-performance) got his man to have a look at it and found out that it wasn't connected!!..It was straight forward and took 5 mins. The worst part is we found the tali that use to pull the gun open manually also was disconnected. I remember Ah meng taking it out wondering what the hell it was...now only I know it's an emergency release for the cap in case it got stuck in the 'lock' position.The moral of the story is.. go to M Performance and look for Ah Chee.. he's a good honest guy that even helped me save money by offering alternatives and throughly troubleshoot before making any suggestions on replacing costly parts. no wonder ah meng's business tak maju2..

Realy?? Ah Meng wor..somebody call he as Prof Meng or Dr Meng ler..:confused: :confused:

so i heard, that's why i tried out that place.. but..hummmph

yeah, one forummer spoke highly of ah meng before, then stopped going there after his mtech rear view mirror got short circuit after install, thank god the mint cond car didn't get toast, but that rare thing is now damaged, what a waste

Guess every Mech is a human and they not perfect. Sometime they do well, sometime not.

Hope Ah Meng visit the forum so he realise his weakness.

Guru, Can you share the address of M Performance or Ah Chee with us? A Map will be great too!

bro guru,

what car are you dirving ? is it a e46?

my pal has got a probem because his fuel tank door is locked and cannot open... you mentioned smoething about tali to mechanically open the foor.

where can the tali be found?

thanks for all the help bro..

da

emergency tali for opening 'gun' (fuelcap)

devilsadvocate;223092 said:
bro guru,

my pal has got a probem because his fuel tank door is locked and cannot open... you mentioned smoething about tali to mechanically open the foor.

da

you open the upholstery above the battery there(very easy, just tarik it will pop out)..then got one green tali attached(clip together) to the wall carpet one.. it sambung to the 'gun' one.. so you just tarik it can already lah.. the 'gun' will retract and you should be able to open the fuel lid.. good luck!!

anoter way

devilsadvocate;223092 said:
bro guru,

da

also..if your tali is missing.. do the same thing but you can use your hand to tarik the gun open also..just that you have to reach into the lobang abit la

bmw7833;223083 said:
Realy?? Ah Meng wor..somebody call he as Prof Meng or Dr Meng ler..:confused: :confused:

:D long time ago i know this Prof or Dr Meng.....talk big only. I would never go there lah.:p

thanks a mil bro,

will post some pics to show how it is done for the bnefit of all

cheers,

hey guru, thanx for sharing with us yur predicament...how to get in touch with ah Chee and where is m performance. thanx

Guru good thinking..lucky for you..

Lesson to all, never rush into it, take it to other mech's to diagnos what other problems you encounter with your car..

Can't comment on whether he's bent on conning u but I'd say he may not be competent on certain areas leading to the 'can't repair - change' situation... I don't have bad experience with him but I also wouldn't say he's really good at what he does.

waah... that bad ah? If that's the case, I will also stay away....

m performance is in taman mayang..opposite giant..you have to go to the under the flyover and turn left..from the main road can see already.. all bmw's and benz..019 318 0608.. deal direct with him on initial contact, then he will set you up properly. tell him I sent you..hmmm on second thought just say the 'hansem'/'leng chai fella sent you..haha:) also he got one dam cun assistant ..fat/sweaty/nice chap, he's the one you want working on your car...and by the way, I get to potong line if you're ahead of me ok?.. I scared I recommend so many ppl then he got no time for me liao..

fabianyee;223241 said:
Can't comment on whether he's bent on conning u but I'd say he may not be competent on certain areas leading to the 'can't repair - change' situation... I don't have bad experience with him but I also wouldn't say he's really good at what he does.

I have yet to come across a mech who is good at everything. Each mech has their own strengths and weaknesses. So we have to learn which mech is good at what.

Yes, I do have my ups and downs when I send my Beemer to Mspeed but it is mostly up. The downs which I had experienced with him is mostly due to my anxiety and impatience in getting certain repairs done even though I know he may not be the best in that area.

As for conning, cannot comment much but in most cases, he is telling me what is wrong with the car. The hard part is diagnosing the cause of the problem and believe me, I may be mechanically and technically savvy with my car but at times I too have misdiagnosed one or two problems. A Beemer is quite complicated and a similiar fault can be caused by many different parts.

In the end, we as the customers have the right to choose whether to repair or not, or to go elsewhere for 2nd opinion (or even 3rd opinion), which I always do.

For your information, I have 4 different mechs attending to different areas of my Beemer.

Dear All,

Try Auto Raco at desa tun razak, they are really good at repairing BMW.

fuulamak..I would've gone postal man!!

BLaCkHoWLiNG;223163 said:

bro,
i feel sorry for you..70 bucks is nothing but the feeling of being disrespected ..priceless!!
ah meng should be held accountable at least partially. he should have refunded you and help you find a solution.. I know I would have!! It means my reputation is at stake! he didn't think about the implications of his actions and overextended his experience when dealing in tough situations.
It is not difficult to judge right from wrong, we're hardwired to do just that! But many people are clouded by greed and some people just won't admit they have made a mistake.
I'm sure Ah meng is a nice fella, in fact I think he is, but he can't fix/know everything and he should have allies that he can count on for the stuff he can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom