Lowering Spring .. is this worth the money???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I saw a few online and based E46 Fanatics forum they are using most of this brand for adjustable...

H&R

I think you want to achieve this?

DSC02431.jpg

Or this :p

image.php

Price = hand and legs :( (well for me la)

yah...tht was 1 of my option....H&R is hand and rice for me too...too expensive...might thinking moving to gab...adjustable..i think is around rm2.8k with customize spring rate...

do not go for GAB a friend of mine using Honda civic says that the GAB sucks 100% after a while of adjusting (he go back to his hometown everyweekend) in just 2 month he notice that the adjuster ring is already loose as well as noises that sound like the spring will go out at anytime... imagine our Much heavier UDM on it... hu hu hu ... its ok i rather stick to my 1.5 finger drop if all else...

xcrave;645281 said:
do not go for GAB a friend of mine using Honda civic says that the GAB sucks 100% after a while of adjusting (he go back to his hometown everyweekend) in just 2 month he notice that the adjuster ring is already loose as well as noises that sound like the spring will go out at anytime... imagine our Much heavier UDM on it... hu hu hu ... its ok i rather stick to my 1.5 finger drop if all else...

isit...true...coz last time i used GAB SS on my waja not the GAB HILO...used about a year more..no problem...my fren civic used gab SS also..3 years only start got sound and leak..thn send for service...not sure..mayb ur fren got a bad apple...

i love some touge at time...and bmw really balance car...but just hate bodyroll ...will find a thicker anti roll bar for tht...

for handling...mayb just eibach spring and bilstein damper

anybody got review on tein??? used tein b4 last time also...find it abit soft..but very low stance...

eujinee;645440 said:
isit...true...coz last time i used GAB SS on my waja not the GAB HILO...used about a year more..no problem...my fren civic used gab SS also..3 years only start got sound and leak..thn send for service...not sure..mayb ur fren got a bad apple...

i love some touge at time...and bmw really balance car...but just hate bodyroll ...will find a thicker anti roll bar for tht...

for handling...mayb just eibach spring and bilstein damper

anybody got review on tein??? used tein b4 last time also...find it abit soft..but very low stance...

Are you sure its the Adjustable type???

eujinee;646756 said:
wats ur spring rate?? front and rear

Hmm the GAB's or the stock spring rate? Eitherway I don't quite have the figures with me now.

But took the GAB for a drive to Lumut. Company trip so had to pack in some lazy colleagues who didn't want to drive. No bottoming out etc and to be honest I quite like GAB!

stig;647380 said:
Hmm the GAB's or the stock spring rate? Eitherway I don't quite have the figures with me now.

But took the GAB for a drive to Lumut. Company trip so had to pack in some lazy colleagues who didn't want to drive. No bottoming out etc and to be honest I quite like GAB!

Hey thats a good news... this way i think im going to get those soon... how much for the whole set bro?

xcrave;647398 said:
Hey thats a good news... this way i think im going to get those soon... how much for the whole set bro?

The whole set cost me RM 29XX with installation. Did it at after12 @ sunway. I won't vouch for the reliability yet, as I haven't owned it long term... Barang baru lagi mah :)

stig;647380 said:

original will be f-6k r-4k...yah...GAB is good...i used it on my previous car...8k 5k...very corner friendly and reliable too..

I have jsut fitted a eibach prokit on my E46, reason being on the highway alot, i have experience floatiness, i mean its not too bad and its comfortable that the suspension setup is that way. But when i was on eibach, the ride became imbalance, low ride comes with stiffiness over minimal bumps even i am on 16" rubbers 205/55/16, on highway it is not that fantastic at all, yes it did reduce the floatiness but other than that every bumps comes with a shock and absorbers is seem to be knocking hard on mounting.

So thus i asked around bimmers lovers or the mech at Performance werks, he told me no need to go top range, just try the ARB from UR F27mm or 330i F24mm and see the difference, with stock absorber and coils. I might go that way.

Any suggestion from all SIFUs out there about suspension setup, your idea will be much appreciated

Top Bottom