Lowering Spring .. is this worth the money???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

xcrave

Club Guest
http://www.mudah.my/Lower+Spring+Bmw+320i-7555935.htmI found this in mudah... a friend mechanic says if second hand never worth the money fro spring as it will loose power and you donno when...But need second opinion what you guys think of it?
1122267922.jpg
1164884517.jpg

In my many years of driving a bmw, I have replace front and rear shock absorber and rubber mounting.

BUT, I never ever replace a spring before that is due to wear and tear.

LOL... yeah i guess youre right even eibach gave lifetime warranty... i love my springs now... maybe just need to change absorbers and rubber mounting... what type/brand and costing jarance?

What is the gap btw your tire and fender (3 fingers or more) If u want to make it 1.5 - 2 fingers then this is the right stuff u are looking for. racun pulak :listen: :top::top::top:

wahh ya friend mechanic sure or not what he's saying .... maybe he's got a set for you lying somewhere in his store :) ...

springs rarely fails unless you've compresses it by heat treatment , cut it etc etc ...just put both springs side by side and take a look at the heigth ..if you see a massive difference interms of height , then it's elongated or otherwise

My rear springs sagged after 15 years :). They were stock. I guess these eibachs, if newer than 5 years old shouldn't sag

yeah my spring sags a little on driver side (owner fat last time? :p)

BTW if i wanna put finger to my tire... only 1.5 finger at the rear... front 2 fingers now... 18' rims... but will call the guy 2 moro and see how the spring is :) thx for the input guys :)

New or Used, Eibach's never worked for me! Lembik .. :)

Im thinking TEIN's ... ?!

fabianyee;643399 said:
Have heard that Eibach springs tends to sag over time....

I heard that too but the guy that told me was carrying H&R springs in his shop heheh. I dunno whether it's actually true or not but Eibach is a reputable brand

The original question was - are they worth the money? I say it is. Used ones even better, you don't spend so much. I agree with jarance, springs rarely fail unless something obscenely bad happen to them.

sachseelan;643510 said:
New or Used, Eibach's never worked for me! Lembik .. :)

Im thinking TEIN's ... ?!

Yes, Eibach lembik, at least for my 4pot E30 (even with 6 pot springs)... Car actually felt crashy with stiffer absorbers with the Eibach... But after I changed to a stiffer APEX springs, the ride was actually better...
Softer springs don't necessarily give u a more comfortable ride... It has to be matched to the absorbers...

They are more lembik, or rather, they have a low spring rate compared to H&R springs. It's still better than stock springs, but considering they lower the car, higher spring rates would be better. This is true for E30 Eibachs as fabian mentioned, dunno if it's still the same for the newer models. :p Gotta check their spec sheet.

Lembik = bad in lowering... since when go over uneven surface the tire might hit fender :p

Hard = Car will be like bobhead :p when go over uneven surface ...

Need to think more ahahhahaha

Logically, it does sag over time due to metal fatigue. Have not enjoyed Eibach on many rides owned and tested. H&R, Bilstein and TEIN were more superior to my liking. Coming back to the topic, the price seems reasonable.

P/S: Also heard from peeps that Eibach had more superior quality way back then.(eg: in the 90's)

For most BMW, it'll lowered abit on the right side bcoz they design it for the left hand drive. so when u sit on it, the car will level. no worries.

U can buy the springs, the ride will somehow feels better in terms of handling. Comfort wise a lil bit out la...

YaZmEeN;643730 said:
For most BMW, it'll lowered abit on the right side bcoz they design it for the left hand drive. so when u sit on it, the car will level. no worries.

U can buy the springs, the ride will somehow feels better in terms of handling. Comfort wise a lil bit out la...

This comment is the most interesting :p

Its like... Do take the knife... its good in cutting... but it wont feel good when you cut :p

bro xcrave someone offer gab lowering spring brand new + installation for rm 700.. is it a good deal?

Bro Seram in terms of spring i also dont have much experience but from user feedback on GAB springs, it sounds like its a tad too hard for UDM experience but if ur on freeways and highways... i dont think any springs have much difference... only on roads with country or off highways should consider more...

But GAB new spring cost= RM 600-700 without installation so... Nego him to 650 and its a steal :p

Top Bottom