Logic 7 Sound System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shah292

Club Guest
First of all I would like to say hi to allI need some advice from u all...What is the Logic 7 Sound System??:listen:

hi Shah.. basically Logic7 is an upgraded OEM sound system offered by BMW as an option.to identify if ur car has this or not,just look at the top surface of ur dashboard..there should be a speaker grille right in the middle of the dashboard's top surface,just ahead of the i-drive dome.

essentially,Logic7 gives u DigitalSoundProcessing,Surroundsound,6CD changer and 13 speakers.there are 7 speakers with one on the top center of the dash,one each in all 4 doors and two on the rear parcel shelf.there are also 4 tweeters,two at the bottom of both the A-pillars and two at the rear parcel shelf.finally there are also two subwoofers under both front seats.

i'm not much of an audiophile myself but many agreed that this is one of the best OEM systems out there..and while i can't vouch for Lexus's Mark Levinson or even Aston Martin's Linn and Subaru's Macintosh,i am indeed very very happy with he quality of the Logic7.so much so that i've started buying original CDs again just to listen to such high quality sounds..i'm still not amused by the fact that my Jap-spec can't play my iPod,but that is something that i'll address in due time.current solution calls for me to sacrifice the 6CD changer for an ipod connector,which i'm not willing to do solely because of Logic7's quality sound when playing ori CDs.

so if u are looking for an e60,i'd highly recommend the Logic7.

cheers:65:

supergripen;337883 said:
hi Shah.. basically Logic7 is an upgraded OEM sound system offered by BMW as an option.to identify if ur car has this or not,just look at the top surface of ur dashboard..there should be a speaker grille right in the middle of the dashboard's top surface,just ahead of the i-drive dome.

essentially,Logic7 gives u DigitalSoundProcessing,Surroundsound,6CD changer and 13 speakers.there are 7 speakers with one on the top center of the dash,one each in all 4 doors and two on the rear parcel shelf.there are also 4 tweeters,two at the bottom of both the A-pillars and two at the rear parcel shelf.finally there are also two subwoofers under both front seats.

i'm not much of an audiophile myself but many agreed that this is one of the best OEM systems out there..and while i can't vouch for Lexus's Mark Levinson or even Aston Martin's Linn and Subaru's Macintosh,i am indeed very very happy with he quality of the Logic7.so much so that i've started buying original CDs again just to listen to such high quality sounds..i'm still not amused by the fact that my Jap-spec can't play my iPod,but that is something that i'll address in due time.current solution calls for me to sacrifice the 6CD changer for an ipod connector,which i'm not willing to do solely because of Logic7's quality sound when playing ori CDs.

so if u are looking for an e60,i'd highly recommend the Logic7.

cheers:65:

Thank bro supergripen,

i'm about to buy a E60 525 m-sport model. i'v been told by the dealer that the car come with the Logic 7 sound system. Is it true the only way to identify the car with such system is by looking thru the top surface of dashboard (as simple as that?)? Is there any other sign to identify the Logic 7 system such as specified logo, manifacturer coding n etc...?
pikir.gif

as far as i know,there are no other distinguishing markers to show that u've got Logic7,depending on how u look at it,this is part of the beauty of the L7 on the e60..it is so discreet that the car looks entirely standard:3:.

some like to have words written on a panel somewhere to denote what high end sound system they have ie Mark Levinson,Linn,Bose or Macintosh etc,but i guess being understated/discreet is kinda BMWs trademark la..

shah292;337971 said:
Thank bro supergripen,

i'm about to buy a E60 525 m-sport model. i'v been told by the dealer that the car come with the Logic 7 sound system. Is it true the only way to identify the car with such system is by looking thru the top surface of dashboard (as simple as that?)? Is there any other sign to identify the Logic 7 system such as specified logo, manifacturer coding n etc...?
pikir.gif

If I am not mistaken, if you have Logic 7, you have an equalizer function (in addition to your normal treble and bass function) in your i-drive. Also, you can set the surround sound mode. Cars that don't have Logic 7 would not have these functions

meinauto;338087 said:
If I am not mistaken, if you have Logic 7, you have an equalizer function (in addition to your normal treble and bass function) in your i-drive. Also, you can set the surround sound mode. Cars that don't have Logic 7 would not have these functions[/QUOTE

BINGO ! :top:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=2108
you can read more over here.
But yes bmwclub is right there is an additional sound equalizer and setup in the i-drive to denote logic 7.
that is the best way to determine whether you have logic 7 or not.
the other is to check whether there is a center speaker on the dashboard and the power amp at the boot which is longish as oppose to the others. (squarish or none)

meinauto;338087 said:
If I am not mistaken, if you have Logic 7, you have an equalizer function (in addition to your normal treble and bass function) in your i-drive. Also, you can set the surround sound mode. Cars that don't have Logic 7 would not have these functions

Correct. Mine has both those functions.

Top Bottom