List of Good Workshops

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Lee,
Gary/ Eurotechnic Motorsport 012-2109408.
As for service, its too vague to define major or minor. lets take Rm 200++ for general maintenance, major - varies from Rm 500 - 2000 depending on wear n tear, what parts needed to change for my e-46.
Btw, where do u normally service your car? was there any prob that you needed to change or?
Do Share with us!

rhpw;497117 said:
Hi Lee,
Gary/ Eurotechnic Motorsport 012-2109408.
As for service, its too vague to define major or minor. lets take Rm 200++ for general maintenance, major - varies from Rm 500 - 2000 depending on wear n tear, what parts needed to change for my e-46.
Btw, where do u normally service your car? was there any prob that you needed to change or?
Do Share with us!

Hi,

No particular parts which req changes.

I just got my car so doing research now

If I visit any of the service centers, will post to share with everyone

Cheers

lee2427;496716 said:
Hi all

Wonder if anyone has tried servicing at http://www.ultratune.com.my/servicecentre.htm

Any comments?

Lee,

Since you have no reply I will give you one....

I have not used them but I know the owner Steve Chong......he is very passionate about cars and come from a background of aeronautical engineering particularly helicopters.

The workshop is good, and literally a one stop shop for your beloved cars. Maybe you should just drop by and see for yourslef.

The only thing is I think the prices are not that cheap but quality is assured. The other minor drawback is they dun only do BMWs.....but Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos and other exotic cars.

Dun worry - i am not related to anyone there and the above are from my personal observation and after speaking to Steve himself.....

Good luck.

Jules;497683 said:
Lee,

Since you have no reply I will give you one....

I have not used them but I know the owner Steve Chong......he is very passionate about cars and come from a background of aeronautical engineering particularly helicopters.

The workshop is good, and literally a one stop shop for your beloved cars. Maybe you should just drop by and see for yourslef.

The only thing is I think the prices are not that cheap but quality is assured. The other minor drawback is they dun only do BMWs.....but Ferraris, Porsches, Lambos and other exotic cars.

Dun worry - i am not related to anyone there and the above are from my personal observation and after speaking to Steve himself.....

Good luck.

Thx Jules!!!

rhpw;495460 said:
Hi Bros, You can try Eurotechnic Motorsports in Kota Damansara (Near Starbucks).
Boss name is Gary. At times he will do follow-up checks after servicing.
Price reasonable.
Any comments/experience about this shop b4???

i would avoid the place at all cost. i got to know about the place from my friend, ive been there for a service, pricing abit high 800plus for oil, normal plugs n labour. anyway couldnt be bothered as i just wanted to try the liquid molly they are using, car feels ok but it seems louder, then i found out my lower engine tray was missing, i went back to the shop and was told they forgot about it. oh well small issue la. so i recommended the shop to my colleague who stays in Damansara perdana for his e39 emergency last year, got a coolant leak fr a crak expansion tank in the morning,. the boss recommend to change it. fine. then hours later call to say better changed the radiator, hoses, belt as well because they are all wear and tear item. fine, also replaced the low beam bulbs as well. return to collect car in the evening. hours later it was raining heavily so he on the lights, both beam was dip down below his view, thought its raining so probably needs getting use to the new bulb colour.

anyway problem start the next day with the car feeling abit sluglish suddenly after lunch, so he sent the car into sapura which is next door to our office and got them to check that and the headlights. guess what, was told headlights internal has been broken because of rough handling. then the service adviser came up and told him to go to the back to see the car. was shown the belting, some hoses on the right and the cover for the fan, all were ziptied, and one of it for the hose came of and was rubbing on the belt hence causing a leak and overheating. temperature switch wire was damage as well so the temperature didnt go up. my friend being a nice guy and with a baby due that week decided to not pursue the matter and just fixed the problem at sapura since he was there and need the car no matter what. damage was for the headlights, radiator, belt, fan, and new headgasket from the overheating. he is never returning to that eurotecnic again.

i was told about the story a week later when i visit him at the hospital for his child's birth. felt so bad for his experience.

i met up with my friend who told me about the shop during CNY and later found out he has stop going to that shop too as they've inexperience and shoddy workers, parts go missing, pricing is high as their diagnostic was terrible and is outsource to this other shop nearby that is run by a former autobavaria chief mech. (its called mzone that's where i am sending my car to now. ) apparently there is a e36 turbo owner suing the shop for damage to his car. also heard from my colleague that he gather fr another local forum about parts being swap by the boss himself. and cars sent to him being used. so beware.

rhpw;496656 said:
yes he is specialized in beemers/conti cars.. he's in to project cars for bmw e.g. supercharge, overhaul, changing interior, facelift, etc.

i would be peeing in my pants if i send my car there for a project. after my experience andmy colleague's and a turbo e36 owner who is suing him for his losses, parts of car being taken out and cars sent in being used by the shop...that gives me the shivers even by just mentioning it. fyi there is a monster e39 there too for almost a year with a superchager and stroker engine, and its still there because of some issues caused by the shop.

momojojo;503361 said:
i would be peeing in my pants if i send my car there for a project. after my experience andmy colleague's and a turbo e36 owner who is suing him for his losses, parts of car being taken out and cars sent in being used by the shop...that gives me the shivers even by just mentioning it. fyi there is a monster e39 there too for almost a year with a superchager and stroker engine, and its still there because of some issues caused by the shop.

Whoooaaaa Momojojo...this rings a bell or two in my head. u also saw a supercharged e-39? Yup i saw it lying in around there and i thought its under progress. As i said, i do not hold any responsibility, prejudice or bias when commenting abt service workshops i go. Its just merely my own opinion. Maybe i havent kena like your buddy had.

Anyway, u got any good service workshops to recommend? Reasonable, honest and most importantly dont POTONG us! :top:

rhpw;503781 said:
Whoooaaaa Momojojo...this rings a bell or two in my head. u also saw a supercharged e-39? Yup i saw it lying in around there and i thought its under progress. As i said, i do not hold any responsibility, prejudice or bias when commenting abt service workshops i go. Its just merely my own opinion. Maybe i havent kena like your buddy had.

Anyway, u got any good service workshops to recommend? Reasonable, honest and most importantly dont POTONG us! :top:

fyi the e39 owner used to be a close friend of the owner and he did a full engine build there for his 3.4L stroker, and apparently they did a pissed poor job where the owner found it assembled with mismatch parts like screws etc and also having lost a bunch of his stuff since the project started, the owner is still waiting for that gary to replaced the lost parts and finished the job and hopefully get the car going but i think the boss is avoiding his calls. the most recent news i gather, the shop also owed the e39 owner money fr the sale of a performance engine or something and not making payment. pity the car owner.

sigh..quite a sad shop to send your car to dont you think. anyway...as for a good workshop, there is a workshop nearby where i occasionally sends my car's to. its call mzone. just a few blocks away from gary. the boss is a former chief mech at autobavaria sungai besi. lost the contact number along with my mugged phone last weekend. i will post it when i have it. reasonably priced for a shop fully equipped with genuine diagnostic tool unlike most that uses the china knockoffs. besides this shop below are the other workshops i frequent:-

ultratune in glenmarie - expensive. specialized in ferraris lambo porsches and exotics.
optimum in kayu ara - very reasonabe. used to go there but since they're always packed, i only go there by making a set date.
raymond auto in kota d'sara opposite exotic mod - reasonably priced, did oil service twice. comes with free car wash:top:
obermeier in jln. ipoh - reasonably priced. freddy is experienced and friendly.
tedco in segambut - reasonably price. knowledgeable boss

momojojo;503808 said:

fyi the e39 owner used to be a close friend of the owner and he did a full engine build there for his 3.4L stroker, and apparently they did a pissed poor job where the owner found it assembled with mismatch parts like screws etc and also having lost a bunch of his stuff since the project started, the owner is still waiting for that gary to replaced the lost parts and finished the job and hopefully ............
- reasonably priced, did oil service twice. comes with free car wash:top:
obermeier in jln. ipoh - reasonably priced. freddy is experienced and friendly.
tedco in segambut - reasonably price. knowledgeable boss

:listen: bro, cannot let this bugger get away with this kind of things ....best to make an official report with Kementerian and let these fella deal with this issue ..... somebody has to put a STOP to this kind of people ....:listen:

dzuljazz2001;503811 said:
:listen: bro, cannot let this bugger get away with this kind of things ....best to make an official report with Kementerian and let these fella deal with this issue ..... somebody has to put a STOP to this kind of people ....:listen:

i think the owner has been too good a person and patient with that "friend" of his and he is giving that guy more than enough time to get it settled. but i think there will be a time to call it enough and i think the e39 owner's patience is running thin with the unanswered calls and attitude of the shop so i guess it will be another court case that follows after the e36 owner that is suing the shop

Hi Momojo,
Thanks for the detailed info. Its sad to hear this thing about the e-39 owner especially when people place trust on their 'friend' and hand over the beauty to them.

Thanks for the heads-up, and will certainly be careful to avoid these problematic places.
Btw, there is TT in Papa rich,PJ tonite. Free to join and meet up?
Cheers.

momojojo;503360 said:
i would avoid the place at all cost. i got to know about the place from my friend, ive been there for a service, pricing abit high 800plus for oil, normal plugs n labour. anyway couldnt be bothered as i just wanted to try the liquid molly they are using, car feels ok but it seems louder, then i found out my lower engine tray was missing, i went back to the shop and was told they forgot about it. oh well small issue la. so i recommended the shop to my colleague who stays in Damansara perdana for his e39 emergency last year, got a coolant leak fr a crak expansion tank in the morning,. the boss recommend to change it. fine. then hours later call to say better changed the radiator, hoses, belt as well because they are all wear and tear item. fine, also replaced the low beam bulbs as well. return to collect car in the evening. hours later it was raining heavily so he on the lights, both beam was dip down below his view, thought its raining so probably needs getting use to the new bulb colour.

anyway problem start the next day with the car feeling abit sluglish suddenly after lunch, so he sent the car into sapura which is next door to our office and got them to check that and the headlights. guess what, was told headlights internal has been broken because of rough handling. then the service adviser came up and told him to go to the back to see the car. was shown the belting, some hoses on the right and the cover for the fan, all were ziptied, and one of it for the hose came of and was rubbing on the belt hence causing a leak and overheating. temperature switch wire was damage as well so the temperature didnt go up. my friend being a nice guy and with a baby due that week decided to not pursue the matter and just fixed the problem at sapura since he was there and need the car no matter what. damage was for the headlights, radiator, belt, fan, and new headgasket from the overheating. he is never returning to that eurotecnic again.

i was told about the story a week later when i visit him at the hospital for his child's birth. felt so bad for his experience.

i met up with my friend who told me about the shop during CNY and later found out he has stop going to that shop too as they've inexperience and shoddy workers, parts go missing, pricing is high as their diagnostic was terrible and is outsource to this other shop nearby that is run by a former autobavaria chief mech. (its called mzone that's where i am sending my car to now. ) apparently there is a e36 turbo owner suing the shop for damage to his car. also heard from my colleague that he gather fr another local forum about parts being swap by the boss himself. and cars sent to him being used. so beware.

Hi mate,

Where do u recommend I service my e60 then? Thx

and i was just telling myself just now... after buka puasa at Pak Li's... "ooo eurotecnic... must check out"

hi,

im not new but after warranty expired from AB, i started sending to Benson Auto in PJ and totally forgot how did i sent there in the 1st place. Price was reasonable but its too far from where im staying.

Anyways, im staying in ampang and was wondering where is a not expensive and reasonable place to sent my car...a friend told me BM World @ somewhere desa/bandar tasek puteri....

hi guys. newbie here just join only. would like to know something hope ya all can help out. i am planning to buy either a E92 335 or the E46 M3. would like to know where can i send the M3 to service at? is the beemerholic at subang ok?

Hi Everyone,
Wanna check with you guys whether got heard of this workshop or not.
Bavarian Auto Works Sdn Bhd located at 936A Kg. Sungai Kayu Ara operated by Loke
the shop is beside a used car dealer along the h/way towards NKVE on left hand side (before going up the slope towards Sony)

Hi Guys ,

I have been recommended to go Beermerholic at Sunway . Any advice from anyone about this workshop . Thanks

Top Bottom