Leakage from Windscreen wash tank

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tank34

Club Guest
Hey Guyz, need help with a leak coming from my windscreen wash tank. Got in the car this morning and saw alarm on dashboard indicating "wash tank" on low. I thot it strange since I just topped it up after a service 5 weeks ago.Filled it up with water, waited a while and notice a low leak comming down the side of the plastic tank. It definitely is not a cracked container but seems to be coming out from where the sensor is located.Anyone experience this before, I find it strange for this to be happening, car is relatively new 2 years and 2 months?? Car is E46 325i. Had a similar problem on Mom's C220 recently and they change some rubber stopper at RM15 or something, hope this is similar.

Its a common problem for the E46's. Some switch/relay is causing the leak at the tank.. Happens when you have not used the washer for a long time, then use it.... Its then that it starts to leak. I pressume you recently used the washer just before the leak symptoms started?

I remember it wasnt that expensive to fix, but cant remember how much...

just replace the washer pump thats located at the bottom of the reservoir.

Check your connecting hose to the pump...had that problem...eventually i changed the pump(problem not solved)...untill i cut the connecting hose end and re-fit...prob. settled.

Hey Guyz,

just changed the water pump at my "local" Bavarian Auto Works (along the Tropicana toll area). Cost me RM90/- as opposed to the RM170/- quoted by AB. However, i did note that the new part, although identical to the original, had a "Siemens" logo on it. The original part had a BMW logo and seemed to indicate that it was made in the Czechoslovakia.

Bottom line, it was a non critical component and I am more than happy with the price and service.

Yea OEM vs. BMW part no. Most 3rd party workshops have different prices for each...bearings, filters, etc witht he OEM being cheaper.

I think its OK as u mentioned as its non critical.

Top Bottom